Chapter II

Fragile[HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dokmi bit her nails nervously. She wasn’t sure if she was followed or not. It seemed like her stalker decided not to send her off that morning but she couldn’t tell for sure. She had become skeptical since he had been following her for almost two years now. She could never let her guard down and be at ease.

The whole stalking thing indeed begun two years ago but the boy got more obvious during the summer break. At first he was watching her from afar, then the distance got smaller and smaller. She had been aware of him from the very beginning but she thought he was only bark and no bite. In time, she was sure he would get bored but unfortunately for her, he became more obsessive. When she moved to her apartment, everything changed. He wanted her to know he was always behind her. He started leaving a white rose with a petal drenched in blood in front of her door. It was his way of saying he knew where she lived. Things got worse when the roses started appearing everywhere: on the table of the restaurant where she usually had breakfast, at her working place, at the library she frequented - they were everywhere.

The one that scared her the most was the rose she found on her desk, inside her apartment. When she came home, the door was closed, the windows were closed; everything was. There was just no way that rose could get there yet it did. He managed to leave it inside her only safe place. From that point on she couldn’t sleep alone anymore. She also couldn’t tell anyone about him because there was this one secret she had to hide no matter what and the stalking was somehow related to it. How? She couldn’t tell yet. She just knew that the stalking started during the same period her secret was born.

But there was one thing that kept popping up inside her head. Why was he getting more violent all of a sudden? Has she done something to trigger such a behavior? What did he want from her?

Her train of thoughts got interrupted when someone bumped into her shoulder, causing all her muscles to tense up.

“What’s wrong with you, Dokmi?” Sunggyu asked.

A sigh of relief left her lips at the way too familiar voice.

“Good morning to you too, Gyu.” She smiled naturally.

“Don’t avoid my question.”

“There’s nothing wrong with me.”

“Don’t give me that bull.” Sunggyu frowned. “Why did you get so scared when I touched you?”

“You’re imagining things.”

Sunggyu shook his head as a biter laughter left his lips. He wasn’t imagining. He knew her well and there was something bothering her. If he could only figure out what that thing was.

“Wait up!” another voice was heard behind them. Only then did Sunggyu remember that the moment he saw Dokmi he ran, leaving Woohyun behind. “Good morning, Dokmi!” the latter greeted with a wide smile.

“Good morning, oppa!” she greeted back.

“Oppa? You call him oppa?” Sunggyu pointed at his friend. “What about me? Why do you always call me Gyu?”

Dokmi shook her head as she turned her attention somewhere else. These two dorks made her relax a bit. Nam Woohyun was the greasiest person alive. He was an old friend of Sunggyu. He always acted as if Dokmi was his younger sister. If she ever needed him, he would most definitely go running to her side.

And Kim Sunggyu – her old crush and childhood friend. She still had some feelings for him but she chose to bury them deep in her heart two years ago, after suddenly pushing him away from her. He, on the other hand remained loyal. He waited until she was feeling better before returning to their close friendship. Well, they weren’t as before because of the constant arguing but they could still count on each other. After all, Sunggyu was madly in love with her. He couldn’t get away from her even if he wanted. She was like a drug to him.

Dokmi froze when she felt someone breathing in her ear. “Booh!” the boy whispered earning an awfully sharp scream from the girl.

“I thought you were him…” she mumbled to herself before turning towards the culprit. “YOU” she said through gritted teeth. “YOU ARE SO DEAD!” she growled and took a step towards him, only to have him running away. “Come here you little- Yah! Kim Myungsoo! Are you crazy?!  Do you really want to die by my hands?!”

Myungsoo ran as fast as he could but he was not the athletic type at all. Dokmi caught up with him and grabbed his hand, pulling him towards her so that the impact between her boot and his leg could be more painful.

“What kind of girl hits like this? What have I done so bad? I was just playing around a bit.” L complained. He tried to ease the pain by rubbing the spot that had been hit. It was useless. The pain refused to go away. “It’s not my fault you’re so easy to scare.” He laughed and threw his arm on her shoulder, walking faster and leaving the other two boys behind. “Come on, don’t be angry on me.”

Sunggyu turned his head away, not liking the way L was so close to the girl he liked.

Kim Myungsoo, called L as well, was a sophomore, just like Dokmi. The two of them were in the same class. The very first time L set his eyes on her, he fell in love completely. Ever since the beginning of the first year of university he tried to get closer and closer to Dokmi but she showed no interest.

“It to be you.” Woohyun chuckled. “Why can’t you get over her?”

“Let’s just go.” Sunggyu sighed. “I’m not in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter