Chapter I

Fragile[HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Drip drip drip drip drip

The water drops fell on the ground. Dokmi hated how loud the sound echoed through the silence of the night. If only her boss wouldn’t have hold her to stay 3 more hours after her shift ended, she wouldn’t have been walking back home in the middle of the night, without an umbrella to shield her from the rain.

The girl watched the small fog coming out of as her warm breath met the cold air. The road was deserted. Not even one car went by and her bus has just left. She could have called a taxi but she was more than sure it was going to take a while for it to get there. There was no better option for her than to wait for the next bus.

Splash!

Her entire body tensed up. That sound was not one made by a water drop. It had been made by something else. Her breathing became uneven. The short amounts of air she took in stopped midway. That was certainly the sound of someone stepping on the wet concrete. Her mind became dizzy from the anxiety she felt. She has been through this scenario so many times before.

From the corner of her eye she could see that there was no one behind her yet she could feel someone’s gaze on her. He was there once again, her stalker. His eyes were inspecting her from head to toes, lingering longer on her face and more precisely her lips.

Another splash was heard.

Dokmi’s hands gripped the strap of her bag tightly. He was getting closer than he used to.

Another step.

She couldn’t stay still anymore. The fear was eating her alive. She needed to get away from him or else she was going to lose her sanity. The bus showed no signs of coming any time soon.

Splash!

That was too much. The girl stepped out in the rain, walking at normal pace towards her house. The rain got even worse than before but she didn’t mind it one bit. Her clothes getting drenched was her last worry at the moment.

Splash! Splash! Splash!

The steps could be heard right behind her, following her every move. She stopped. He stopped as well. A cold shiver went down Dokmi’s spine as she could hear his slow breathing.

She started walking once again, with him on her tail. She quickened her pace and then suddenly turned around.

There was no one behind. Her eyes widened in fear. Was her mind playing tricks on her? Whatever the case was, she wasn’t going to stay and find out. She turned around and started running like there was no tomorrow. She didn’t dare to look back anymore.  In her hurry, she wasn’t even aware if his steps could still be heard or not. She was too scared to find out. All that she had to do was reach home safely. There was nothing more that mattered.

Her lungs and throat hurt from all the cold air she inhaled. Her legs could barely hold her. There was no strength felt in her frail body. Her wet clothes which were glued to her only added to her hardship. If only there was someone on the street who could help her.

Loud barks were heard from the other side of the road, making Dokmi jump in even more fear. At this rate her heart was going to give up on her.

Having absolutely no strength left, she slowed down and rested her hands on her tights. Her breath came out as loud pants. When she finally managed to control her breath, she could hear another set of foot steps behind her.

Tears of pain rolled down her cheeks as she forced her body to move again. She struggled to reach her courtyard and climb up her front-door steps. The water on the wood made her legs slip exactly on the last step. She scratched her thigh but ignored the blood going down her skin as she reached for the door knob and twisted it.

Fortunately, it was opened so she stumbled inside, slamming the door behind her and leaning against it. Her body slowly slid down until she reached the floor.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter