Chapter IV

Fragile[HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dokmi came out of her house, smiling like an idiot. For a few hours she forgot about her stalker and her problems. Just the fact that she got to spend some nice time with Sunggyu the previous night got her all excited. When she looked up from the ground and saw the said boy looking at her with a raised eyebrow, her lips went down.

“You’re early.” Sunggyu laughed.

“You too.”

“I told you I’ll pick you up. If I were late, you would have left without me.” He explained.

That wasn’t quite true. She would have waited for him. Even if it would have meant being late for school, she would have still waited for him.

The way to school was pleasant. Dokmi loosened herself and forgot the reason why she had been so distant to Sunggyu until then. They talked and laughed just like old times. However every good thing has to come to an end.  How could it be otherwise?

The heat within Dokmi’s body disappeared in an instant as she felt a pair of eyes on her. No wind that blew was bitterer than his gaze… nothing could make her freeze like that besides her stalker. The intense stare, the burning desire – Dokmi felt like throwing up.

The sudden change of mood got Sunggyu really worried but due to the decision he took last night, he did nothing. He had promised himself not to ask her what was going on whenever she became so jumpy and scared. The only thing left for him was to stand by her side and try to find out on his own the cause of Dokmi’s anxiety.

The girl glanced back, hoping to see who was stalking her. It was impossible. There were too many people around; she couldn’t figure out who he was. Sighing she turned back and smiled at Sunggyu. What would she do if she knew who was stalking her? Why was she so curious to find out? It was human nature. Even though her mind was afraid to find the truth, her body acted on its own.

As they approached the university building, fewer people could be seen. The two of them were really early. No student in all their mind would want to be there not even 10 minutes before the classes would start, what about 20.

Sunggyu accompanied Dokmi to her first class. She placed her things in a random desk, taking out just her wallet, and then went back to the hallway to spend some more time with him.

“Let’s go somewhere this weekend and have some fun.” Sunggyu said while leaning against the wall. His face was glowing from smiling the entire morning.

“You are in a really good mood today, aren’t you?” Dokmi rolled her eyes. “I can’t go. I’m busy. Take Subin out.”

“It was impossible to not talk about her.” Sunggyu scoffed.

“She’s your girlfriend, of course it’s impossible.”

“We broke up.” Sunggyu said but when he looked at Dokmi, the girl seemed to not have heard him. She was staring intensely at one white flower which, he guessed, fell out of her wallet. “What’s with the flower?”

“Nothing.” She mumbled as she gripped her wallet closer to her chest. Bending down, she picked up the flower and threw it to the closest trash can, making Sunggyu frown.

That was such a wrong move because in her stalker’s eyes, it meant rejection once again.

🔎 🔎 🔎

After 15 minutes of walking aimlessly around the school building, trying to kill some time, Sunggyu and Dokmi came to a stop as a blood-freezing scream echoed through the entire school.

All students looked at each other curiously before gaining enough courage to go towards the source of the dreadful sound. Dokmi and Sunggyu also made their way to the back of the school.

No words can describe the look on Dokmi’s face when she saw what caused the loud ruckus. Standing there, on the ground was Subin’s body, in a pool of blood. The girl who found her was desperately trying to breathe normally, trying to calm herself.

The longer she looked at the sight, Dokmi’s legs became weak. At some moment, they gave up on her and her body landed on the floor as she tried to get away from the scene.

It was impossible. She couldn’t believe it. Her friend couldn’t be dead.

And now I should introduce the character I haven’t really said anything until now – Park Soobin or simply, Subin. She was a freshman. Since she considered Dokmi her best friend, she followed her to that university. She also had a huge crush on Sunggyu, forcing Dokmi to help her out with him. She had lots of secrets no one but Dokmi knew about.

And now she was dead.

Sunggyu watched her lifeless body with attention, memorizing every single detail. This one sight was one he would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter