Chapter V

Fragile[HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Woohyun opened the door to Sunggyu’s room, ready to start his morning routine of waking up the lazy boy but, to his surprise, Sunggyu was already up. He was pacing around the room with his clothes and hair all messed up.

“Y-Yah, Sunggyu!” Woohyun grabbed his friend’s hand in order to stop him from moving around so much. “What’s wrong with you?”

“She’s dead.” Sunggyu simply whispered. “S-She died. She committed suicide.” Sunggyu’s voice cracked as he said those words. He didn’t want them to be real but that was how things seemed to be.

“Don’t be an idiot! She didn’t - I mean she couldn’t commit suicide.” Woohyun shook his head. “She was stronger than this. Much stronger! Not to mention that her love for her little brother was way too big. She wouldn’t leave him all alone with his mother…”

“But what if –“

Woohyun placed his hand on Sunggyu’s shoulder and shook him lightly. “Yah! Get a hold of yourself. Four years ago when your brother died, we were by your side. We kept you sane. You can’t lose yourself now. There is one person who needs you now more than ever. Who will take care of Dokmi if not you? Will you let Myungsoo take this chance and steal her away from you?”

His words echoed inside Sunggyu’s head like an alarm. The whole night and morning he only thought of how himself…It never even once crossed his mind how Dokmi was hanging on. He forgot completely. And by the look on her face the previous day, she wasn’t going to be all fine.

“Let’s go.” Sunggyu immediately rose up.

He and Woohyun ran all the way to Dokmi’s house. Even though Sunggyu was always lazy, when it came to the girl he liked, he could do anything. And I really mean anything. His love for her had no limits.

Woohyun knocked at the door but no one answered them. They were planning to wait a bit and then try to knock again when loud bangs came from the first floor. The sounds resounded through the house like thunder. Every room appeared to have a separate peal of its own.

Sunggyu tried the door and luckily, it was opened. Without taking their shoes off, the two boys dashed to the first floor, to where Dokmi’s room was. The sounds were clearly coming from there.

The sight in front of them was somehow shocking. Dokmi was a mess. Her hair was curiously stirred, as if she fought with someone and her clothes were all hanging loosely on her thin body. Her eyes were wide open but they were perfectly void. She was throwing all kind of things on the floor, scaring even her mother who was standing beside the door, not knowing what to do.

“Dokmi, stop it!” Woohyun shouted.

Sunggyu on the other hand knew words weren’t going to work on her. He wrapped his hands around the girl and tightly held her to his chest. The heat from his body lingered on her cold skin.

“Stop it, Dokmi! Please!” he whispered softly.

Hearing his voice, Dokmi’s sanity came back yet she was still angry as hell. Her loud panting was the only thing that could be heard in the room.

“Sunggyu, let go!” she requested.

The boy didn’t really know what to do. Was he supposed to let her go? She didn’t look as if she was completely fine at the moment.

“Sunggyu!” she raised her voice.

Sunggyu hesitated a bit before letting her go. What to do? What to say? Those questions were everything that occupied his mind at the moment. The silence was killing him. When he was devastated by his brother’s death, Dokmi always knew what to say to make him feel alright. Now it was his turn but words simply refused to come out.

“I-I’ll bring a broom.” Her mother broke the silence and left the room.

Dokmi went to her bathroom to ty and fix herself up. Her trembling hands only did more damage to her clothes though. She had to stop and calm herself a bit.

Sunggyu started picking up the things on the floor and putting them at their place. While arranging the books on the desk he was surprised to find a white rose with a red petal on her opened notebook.

“I thought she threw it away yesterday.” He mumbled to himself.

He was right. She had thrown it away the previous day but during the night, the rose magically appeared on her desk. When she saw it first thing in the morning she stopped thinking normal. She didn’t feel safe anymore. First her friend died and now her stalker reached another level of craziness. It was too much for her to handle.

🔎 🔎 🔎

At school, Minwoo, Serri and Minhyuk still didn’t give up on their theory of murder. They didn’t believe Subin comm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter