For the first time

♥Love Like Winter ♥

 


What are you doing here?” Min Ja folded her arms over her chest scowling intensely at Taecyeon. The wholeness of the house grew unbearably suffocating. There hadn’t been this much tension in a room since the slaves were freedom in America.

He quietly sat next to Jaebum resting his elbows on his knees clasping his hands together as if he was trying to choose his words carefully before responding. Taecyeon was mentally fastening his seatbelt for the wild ride he was about to endure. He stood up from the couch approaching her slowly resting his hands carelessly in his pockets.

His voice finally broke the uncomfortable silence when he said “Can we please talk.” He paused for a moment shifting his eyes over towards me then back at Min. “In private please.”

“I’ll leave you guys alone.” I began to walk away but Min Ja captured my wrist.

“Don’t…”

 Min ja hastily erupted my quick getaway. “Whatever you have to say you can say it here and now or say nothing at all.” Without realizing it Min Ja’s death grip around my wrist began to tighten causing me to wince in a silent pain which had gone unnoticed to her. My gaze went from Min’s intense expression over to the Taecyeon’s frustrated one then back down to my grasped wrist. The usually uninterested Jaebum was now fascinated but situation as he remained seated staring back in our direction to observe what was happening amongst us.

“Min please why do you have to make everything so complicated? I want to talk to you and only you.” He replied back in a semi irritated manner.

“Look who’s talking…” Taecyeon rolled is eyes at his sarcasm.

“How many times have we fought in the past over your asinine selfishness and stubbornness not including our most recent fights.”

The sound of frustrated irritation began seeping out of Min Ja’s voice. My eyes were drawn back to Taecyeon’s clenching jaw line reviling a few veins slightly pulsing from his neck as he balled his fist tight.

Looking over his shoulder at Jaebum then staring at me asked in his barely controllable voice “Jaebum and Jae Yong will you please allow me to talk to her in private.” Attempting once more to secretly leave I was stopped by Min’s firm grasp.

“Jae yong you can stay. This is my house not his.” She pulled me closer to her side then released my wrist never backing down from his piercing gaze.

“Why do you always have to fight with me over the stupidest !” Taecyeon voice finally exploded.

“You provoke me into doing so every time! You clearly demonstrated that yesterday when we were at the restaurant and again today when you had that ing chick under your arm.”

“I don’t even know that girl like that! She’s just one of Jaebum’s groupies.”

“I don’t care who she is to you! You still have absolutely no right for some chick hanging and flirting around with you period; especially if you don’t even know her! And that reminds me why were you pinching her cheeks; when we’ve already had this discussion about how I feel about that. I told you you’re only allowed to do that to me and family members.” Taecyeon grew silent trying to think of a counter argument but obviously nothing came to mind so he stood in front her speechless frustration.

Now that she mentions it I do remember her telling me about them having that argument months ago. It might seem like a silly dispute but I can understand why she would be angry. If I ever have a boyfriend I want only certain bonds or secrets to be cherished and shared between us. It’ll no longer be special if ever other girl he meets receives the same treat as me.

“See I can’t even talk to you because all you ever do is in fight and assume . I don’t even know why I try anymore because nothing is ever resolved”

“News flash that’s what couples do, they fight! People that are truly in love show they care enough to notice and point out each other’s ups; the people that love you the must; care enough to mention it to them in order to resolve the issue.” Taecyeon stood there silent carefully processing Min’s last statement. “It’s only when I stop fighting and stop showing my concern means I no longer care and to be honest Taecyeon-shi;” Min Ja stepped closer to Taecyeon’s face only a few inches away looking up at him. “You're making me come dangerously close to that point.” She held up her hand showing him to small spacing between her two fingers revealing the tiny slit between them.

The intense atmosphere throughout the entire living room was pen drop quiet. Suddenly Jaebum stood up from the couch rushed over towards me grabbed my hand ushering me out of the house forcing the two to be alone to resolve their dispute.

                                                                                           *:・゚✧♥♥♥ ✧・゚:*

Once we were safely outside he led me over to his gorgeous black Lamborghini opening the door for me to get in but I refused to enter snatching my hand away from his.

“Yah” I shouted at him not knowing what his true intentions were. He said nothing simply looking me then grasped my hand again trying to get me into the car. “Let go of me I don’t even really know you.” I escaped his grasp once more.

“After I saved you from the house of drama this is the thanks I receive?

“Look I appreciate that you got me out of there but; that still doesn’t change the fact that I don’t really know you enough just to hop in the car with you. Hasn’t your mother every taught you the meaning stranger danger.” Jaebum smiled at me shaking his head at my somewhat sarcastic statement.

“Besides;" My eyes were drawn to the ground for some unknown reason I was too shy to make direct eye contact with him. "You never even told me where you were going.”

He turned his head away to let out a deep sigh feeling slightly annoyed with me then turned back “I was trying to offer you a ride home since it was getting late but I didn’t know you were going to throw such a temper tantrum.” It’s was shame how I could sense his self obsessed cockiness oozy off of him just from his response.

I rolled my eyes wanting absolutely nothing from or to do with him. “Whatever, I'm fine I can take the bus. I’m sure you have more important s, I mean girls to get back too; so if you’ll excuse me I’ll be on my way now.” I started to walk away once again he grabbed a hold on my hand but this time his firm grasp had no intention of releasing me.

“Will you please just let me give you a ride home so I can have a clear conscience?” I was getting ready to sock him in the chest because I was getting slightly irritated being everyone’s toy yoyo today but his eyes and words prepared to be sincere.

“You don’t have any obligation to see that I get home safely and for that matter why should you feel any guilt towards me for any reason?” I lashed back at him but he prepared unphased by my sudden outburst giving me a cocky smirk in exchange.

“I must admit; I felt slightly guilty I didn’t offer you a ride the night before.” His eyes never left mine for a second. “I don’t like the idea of a girl walking alone home when it’s late, especially if someone I know. So please will you allow me to give you a ride home?”

After much debate and consideration I finally decided to get into the car. Why I still have no idea but I figured it couldn’t hurt for him to simply take me home; but I swear if this punk tries anything fresh I’ll have my brothers and Khuny kick his . I know Junsu oppa would kill any guy that ever disrespects me. He has always been protective of me ever since our father passed away he’s became the absolute man of the house. I was silent the whole way home not wanting to spark any kind of conversation between us so I only stared out my window however, after I caught him staring at me the 5th time I got frustrated.

“May I help you?” I asked him rudely.

“No I’m just looking.” He smirked at me again.

“What do mean just looking I’m not some kind of artifact at a museum.” I hissed back at him then continued to stare out my window. To be honest I’m not even sure why I was acting so rude towards him when hasn’t even done anything wrong to me... yet.

“No it’s nothing like that.” I saw him look in my direction once again smiled at me then look away continuing to drive. “You made me curious about something?”

“Whatever.” I muttered under my breath still not looking at him.

Again he had to disrupt my peaceful silence. “Can I ask you something?”

“What?” I replied back uninterested and what he was about to he had to say.

“Why did you look at me the way you did that night when you saw me in front of the house?”

“Because I was amazed at how much of a man you are.” He smiled seeming to be appeased by my lie not pursuing the matter further. “I just don’t understand how you can treat women the way you do.”

“Don’t’ judge a book by its cover there could be more to the story than you’ll know.” This time my words finally prepared to be getting under his skin because there was no smirk, no smile, no smart replies coming my way.

“Oh please you pimps and playboys are all the same you have only one thing on your mind constantly and that’s chasing .”

“You don’t know anything about me.” He turned to me with a sharp stare seeming to be more and more offended but I didn’t care.

I snapped back at him. “From what I’ve observed from the first day I met you until now, I think I’ve seen enough.” Jaebum gripped the stirring wheel with his left hand so tight the white in his knuckles began to prepare. I watched him bite his lower lip as if he were trying his best stay calm and choose his words wisely.

“Ok since were judging people on first appearances let me take a look at you.” I shivered under his scrutinizing gaze  as if he could see right through my clothes. He caramel brown eyes scanned over me from head to toe then allowed that irritating smirk appear on his lips again before looking out towards the road. “Aww this should be easy.”

I shot him evil stare. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“Your one of those girls who wears their hearts on their sleeves aren’t you?” I said nothing continuing staring at the cocky bastard as he proceeded to speak again. “I bet you’re a total romantic and believe in stupid crap like soul mates and destined love because you never experienced love first handed so you develop these false hopes and absurd accusation of what it should be like.”

When we came to a stop light he turned to look at me. “From the looks of it your I see your still a ,” He paused to inspect me even closer. I followed his eyes all the way down to my waist clinching my legs tightly together feeling exposed to him. “Matter a fact you probably haven’t even had your first kiss yet; have you?” His eyes trailed back up to my lips and my cheeks suddenly turned red when I realized half of his accusations were true. “So I am correct.” He eyes returned back to the road when the light flash green… a.sshole.

“But let me give you a bit of advice while you’re still young and innocent. The way I see it, love is like a wild rose; it appears to be beautiful and calm however, it won’t hesitate to draw blood in its defense.” Turning to look at him for the first time I felt a bit sadness within him in which he wasn’t reviling to me; somehow affected me but I couldn’t figure out why. “Don’t ever let one person become you everything; because when their gone in the end you're left with nothing.” My heartfelt pity towards him as I stared at his profile trying to conjure up something to same but in the end nothing came to mind. After a few minutes of silence amongst us I finally spoke.

“You speak as if you’ve experienced some sort of heartbreak first hand.” He was hesitant to reply back as he bit down on his lower lip again then rubbed his fingers over them trying to prevent his teeth to cause further harm. Finally pulling up to my house I noticed no one was home yet because Junsu’s car wasn't in the drive way and I didn’t see Junho nor Han’s bike in the front. I opened the car door and thanked him for the ride then proceed walking over to my front door. I looked over my shoulder and noticed Jaebum’s car was still there as he continued to stare at me with his window down.

“You can leave I’m home now.” I shouted out loud enough for him to hear.

“I’ll only leave after I see that you made it into the house safely.” He shouted back.

“Fine suit yourself” I babbled to myself. I looked in my purse for my keys but they were nowhere to be found. Damn I just remembered I left them on my night stand in my room. No biggy we always leave a spare under the welcome mat but when I looked under it had already been taken by someone else. “S.hit”. Suddenly I heard Jaebum’s car shut off listening to his footsteps approaching me closer and closer. Oh damnit Batman how embarrassing is this.

“What’s the matter?” He crouched down to looking under the welcome mat with me.

“I think I left my keys on the nightstand in my room.”

“You don’t know where the spare is?”

“No. I think my stupid lil brother probably took them.” I pouted thinking of a way to get in. “Great now I’m going to have to break into my own house.”

“How are you planning on doing that?” He asked in a concern voice.

“I have to hop on the small roof and climb up to my window and helpfully it’s still unlocked.” We both stood and looked at up at the roof top. I took a step forward getting ready to try to climb up to the mini roof top but he placed his hand on my shoulder stopping me.

“I’ll do it. We don’t need you falling off a rooftop. I know Min Ja would murder my a.ss.” I looked at Jaebum smile then released the gate and stepped down.

I watched in amazement as Jaebum managed to quickly get up to the roof top in only a couple of swift movements. “Damn he looks like a lil ninja.” I mumble to myself still wowed by his athletic ability.

“Jae Yong-shi which window is yours the one the left or right?”

It’s the one on the right with the hole in it.” Friggin Nickhun chucking rocks at my window and s.hit, I’m going to get him back for that. I watched as Jaebum stick his arm through to broken glass successfully opening the window making his way inside my house. Oh great that just occurred to me; not only does he know where I live now but he knows where I sleep as well…Fabulous…

Jaebum opened the front door for me as I step inside took off my shoes.

"See aren't you glad I stayed here until you got inside safely." He smiled brightly as if he was extremely proud of himself and I couldn't help but to admire his cuteness. He looked like a puppy that wanted to be praised for successfully accomplishing a new trick.

"Yes thank you. I appreciate it." I said shyly look down at the floor.

"Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow at Woo young's party then."

"Yea." He started to walk out the door but I stopped him when my eye was drawn to the red blood stain on the forearm of his long sleeved shirt. "Jaebum-shi you’re bleeding."

"I am?" He looked at me puzzled then followed my eyes downward to his shirt.
Without thinking I grab his hand and lifted up the sleeve of his shirt. “Damn I am." He sounded as if he was completely oblivious to his injury.

"How did you not feel that?"

He shrugged at my unknowingly. "High pain tolerance I guess."

Go sit on the couch I'll go get the first aid kit. I quickly ran upstairs to my bathroom and snatched the first kit from behind the mirror then closed it. I paused when I looked at my reflection in the mirror.

"What's gotten into me? Why the hell am I helping him? He's a big boy he clean it himself but, then again I guess this is my way of paying him back for the ride home and helping me break into my house. Why the hell are you talking to yourself Kim Jae Yong!? Get your crap together women. Treat his wound then send him on his way and leave it at that. He doesn't own you anything and you repaid you’re debit; and stop friggin talking to yourself."

I took a deep breath then made my way back downstairs. Jaebum was sitting patiently on the couch looking at an old family portrait in his left hand.

He smiled at the portrait, without turning around he suddenly asked "Is this you with the missing front teeth and pigtails?"

"Yea. How did you know I was downstairs already I didn't even make a sound." I sat down next to him placing the first aid kit on the small living room table in front of us.

"Lucky guess." He replied still focusing his attention on the picture in front of him.

I grabbed his hand to place him cut forearm on my lap so I can see the extent of the damage done. “It doesn't look to bad. You’re lucky you didn't hit a main vein or you might have bled to death."

"I must've cut it on the broken glass on the window. How did you window get broken anyways?" He finally sat the picture down and looked at me.

"My friend Khun was trying to get my attention because I didn't hear my phone ring. So he decided to throw rocks at it." Jaebum chuckled then looked down at the ointment I was applying to his wound. He winced once or twice from the burning sensation he felt from the medicine but never once complained.

"There all done and the bleeding finally stopped."

He examined his clean wound then looked at me. "Thank you." He allowed a grateful smiled form on his face. I swear is there time when the guy doesn't smile; His he always so happy? Then again our conversation in the car earlier he didn't appear to be so happy. He looked back at the picture again studying all the faces carefully then he looked at the other picture beside it then picked it up. " Aww how cute it this you and your father."

"Yes." I answered in a halfhearted tone reliving the day my father and I took that photo. Jaebum must've said a few words that I didn't catch because when turned back to him he had a sadden look written all over his face.

"Did I say something wrong?" He asked unsure if he offend me or not but either way I completely missed what he said.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't hear you."

"I asked if you and your father are close or not. You look like the type to be daddy's little princess."

I took a deep breath trying to restrain the invisible tears swimming around the rims of my eyes. "We were close." I allowed a small smile to crawl across my face reminiscing about my father. "He passed away while was still young." I turned to Jaebum trying to display a fake smile but he looked at me unconvinced.

He placed the picture back down on the table again. His eyes looked softer towards me than before. "Oh I’m sorry for your lost." He must've felt guilty for bring up past memories he like felt ashamed for bringing further harm to me.

"It's fine it happened a long time ago." I stood up from the couch trying to play off all the emotions built up inside of me.

"It's getting late I should head out now." He stood up from the couch as I escorted him to the door.

“Once again thank you for the treatment and sharing your family portraits with me." He smiled and stepped out the door. " I'll see you at Woo Young's party tomorrow."

"Drive safely." I waved and smiled sincerely at him for the first time.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Hello my dears readers and welcome to any new readers. Just like I promised I have update the newest chapter and for all you Jaebum lovers out there ready get because he finally the star in the chappie and for the rest of the fanfic you'll get plenty of him. so please enjoy. Sorry for my mini hiatus I the holidays literally left me with no time to myself but fear not I’m back and ready to go full speed. Well time to go editing my other stories as well as posting my new years I’ve been working on starring TOP and co starring big bang. Til then LLW readers.

xoxoxo- the youngbaebabe23

                                                                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------