Unwanted encounter

♥Love Like Winter ♥

 

I jumped letting out a frightened gasp looking over my shoulder startled when I heard a familiar voice come from behind me. “Omo damnit Han, you scared me.” Clinching onto my heart tight alarmed yet relieved to see it was only my little sister Jae Han. She gave me an apologetic puppy dog pout. “Sorry Unni.”


“What’s wrong Han?” Another voice intervened. I realized it was Khun coming up the stairs to see what all the commotion was about. He looked at me first then darted his eyes over to Han and back to me once more giving me a peculiar look. He mouthed his mouth speak then paused deciding against his thoughts as he gave me comforting smile instead.

“Khuny...Han when did you guys get here?” I asked trying to avert the attention off myself.

“Junho oppa called Khun over here so that he could give him a ride home because he was too lazy to take the bus, and he told us you were here too.” I shook my head in disapproval.

“Oh really that lazy lil.” I said calmly still trying to regain my normal heart rate.

“Luckily Han was already in the area when I was on my way over here, so I decided to pick up the whole family.” Khun gave me a suspicious smile and from that look I could tell he was trying to figure out why I avoided  Jae han’s question.

“Unni what were you doing over there? And why are you so pale you look like you've just seen a ghost?” Silence fell upon us as I quickly tried to come up with an excuse for my actions. My mind swam trying to configure the words in my mouth attempting to come up with a logical excuse. In the end I failed when nothing appropriate came to mind.

“I…I…I was just” They both threw me a bewildered stare attempting to decode what the hell I was trying to say but by the expression written on Khun’s face I knew immediately he saw straight through my stuttering lie. I turned around when I heard Min Ja’s door creek open, they must’ve been wondering what the fuss was all about.

“Hey guys what’s up? Min Ja searched our faces for answers. "Why is there a party outside my door? Did I miss something?"

“I was jus__”

“She was just getting ready to say goodbye to you guys because we were heading out now.” Thank you Khuny for saving my I thought to myself cutting my sentence short.

“Oh you guys are leaving already?” Chan sung asked in a semi disappointed tone, at least I thought so.

“Yep, I’m sleepy so I think it’s time for us to get going, Min Ja, Chan sung annyeong.” I waved them good bye then we all headed downstairs out to Khuny’s car. I wanted to get out of there asap, I didn’t want to spend another second in the house thinking about Chan sung’s feeling for Min ja. It was just too much and I didn’t want or knew how to deal with it at the moment. We saw Junho waiting outside standing impatiently talking with Min Jung.

“Finally Hyung what took you so long?” Junho begin in to Khuny.

“Shut up Ho. I wasn’t even gone that long punk.” Khuny grabbed Junho quickly putting him into a playful headlock then shoved him into the backseat of his Lexus next to Jae han. I rolled my eyes at their adorable childishness, these two always cracked me up whenever they were together. Khun was close to everyone in my family; it’s was like having another big brother around with the exception of Khuny being way more useful than Junsu and much more polite and kind hearted than Junho. Khun politely opened and closed the door for me then proceeded over to the driver’s side and started the engine.

“Wait I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to my girl.” Junho quickly hopped out of the car and rushed over to Min Jung and gave her a light kiss on the cheek.

“Let’s go!” Khun beeped his horn loudly to break up their little romantic affair. Wow how sad am I? My little brother gets more action than I do and I’m almost 22.

“Bye sweetie.” Junho smiled sweetly at her watching her cheeks turn rosy pink. She almost looked like an antique Korean doll.

“Bye call me, ok?” Min Jung hugged him tight then waved him goodbye.

                                                                                                                                     BEEP!

Khun beeped his horn once again.”Get in the car Ho!” Junho got back into the backseat and closed the door as we drove off heading home. “I’m coming face geez!” Junho snapped back.

I was surprised Khun never questioned me about my strange behavior earlier like I suspected he would the entire car ride home. Maybe it was because we were still in front of dongsaengs. We would never exchange words with one another yet, it was neither uncomfortable nor an awkward silence it was more peaceful if anything. Instead we just relaxed and listened to Junho and Han's mindless chattering and arguing from the back seat. However, every once in a while I noticed him giving me a suspicious look from the corner of his eyes but I paid it no heed continuing to stare out the window lost in my own thoughts.

That's when the image of Chan sung and Min Ja so close together her crying in his arms appeared into my mind. I wasn’t sure what to feel anymore. All I knew was that it was one of the most difficult and frustrating things I’ve ever had to face in my life; it’s hard to watch the one you love fall in love with someone else. But then again do I even have a right to be jealous of his love for her when he was never truly mine in the first place? Once we finally arrived home, Han and Junho thanked Khun for the ride then proceeded to walk in to the house.

"You wanna come in for a while and have dinner with us?" I offered him while unbuckling my seat belt awaiting his response.

"I would love to but unfortunately I can't today I'll be late for work at the studio."

"Oh yeah? That's right your dad would be pissed if his junior successor is late." He frowned at my sarcasm but I knew he wasn’t going to take it to heart. He always knew I wished nothing less than the best. Ever since he was 8 years old he has been getting groomed to learn how to take over his father’s business in the music entertainment industry, so he has always taken his job very seriously.

"Well once again thanks for everything today." I opened the door to step out, but before I could I felt his hand wrap around mine.

"Your welcome and we never finished our little chat." Puzzled for a moment I suddenly remembered our conversation from the other night. I felt my cheeks burn with embarrassment. "Never mind we'll talk about it later, go inside now." He finally released me then gave me a goofy grin. "I'll text ya later."

"Ok drive safely."

After I watched Khun speed away to work I walked inside greeting mother and headed directly upstairs to take a shower. I decided to skip out on dinner that night. For some reason my appetite wasn't there which was very unusual, considering I eat like professional NFL player. My friends and family have always known me to eat like a man for the most part, well so I’ve been told.

 Allowing the hot steamy water to hit my body hoping it would wash away some of the stress I've been carrying recently. Luckily it worked like a charm giving my body exactly what it needed. I stepped out of the bathroom feeling refreshed and rejuvenated then hit my bed and quickly fell asleep.


                                                                           *:・゚✧♥♥♥ ✧・゚:*


I remember having a weird dream that night. I dreamt I walked alone in a meadow along a dirt trail that stretched as far as the eye could see. I continued to walk until I stumbled upon this single white Lily in the middle of this grass field. I bent down to pick it up when suddenly I heard a voice say.

"Love… A word that is wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain. It causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise. We think about it, sing about it, and dream about it ; we even lose sleep yearning and worrying about it. When we don't know when we have it, we search for it. When we discover it, we don't know what to do with it. When we have it, we fear losing it. It is the constant source of pleasure and pain. But we don't know which it will be from one moment to the next. It is a short word, easy to spell however; tis difficult to define and needless to say IMPOSSIBLE to live without. Do not be blind to it, for love may already lye ahead of you."

A loud annoying vibrating sound filled my ears awakening me from my dream. My eyes were still closed while searching for my phone on the nightstand.

Without checking the caller's ID I said in a sleepy voice. "Hello?"

"Jae-ya!!!" I nearly went deaf when I heard Min's voice blasting in my ear with a cheery tone.

"Yah Shin Min Ja? Where's the fire why are you so loud this morning?" I replied back to her in my manly morning voice.

"Oh my bad buddy but hey what are you doing today?"
" I haven't gotten that far in my life yet."
"Ok good get up, head over to my place. We’re going shopping for Woo Young-shi's party today." Well she certainly did sound a lot happier this morning than the day before. I wondered what helped her change her mood so rapidly. Well whatever it is I’ll take two.
" Right now right now?"
"Yup! stop being so lazy. I'll see you in an hour ok?" Before she even allowed me to reply back she hang up on me.

" Aww my life." I groaned then rolled over on my side to get 5 more minutes of rest. Unfortunately that didn't last very long before my evil jerk bastard brother Junsu jumped on me.
"Annyeong haseyo lil sis! Wake up! Wake up!" He screamed in my ear while tickling my rib cage.

"Damnit Junsu-ya stop it. Oppa stop I,t stop,  STOP IT! “ I don’t know where the hell my super power like straight came from but I kicked Junsu’s body across the bedroom launching him into the dress.

“Ow…What the Jae yong. I tickle you and you 300 ninja kick me across the damn room?” Junsu groaned rubbing his now bruised back.

 “Well hell that’s your dumbness. I just wanted five minutes of sleep! So go away!"

Again he return jumping on my bed pointing me in my ribs. He held my hands and stay on my legs so I wouldn’t ninja kick him again."No way come on wake up and play with me." He said completely ignoring my begging cry.
"Stop it oppa or I'm telling mom about the girls you brought to the house last week."
Finally he stopped and looked at me with widened horrified eyes.
"You wouldn't?"

"I wouldn’t?Try me you lil man . Umma__." My mouth was muffled by Junsu's massive hand.
"Jae Yong don’t do that. Ooouch!!" He removed his hand when I clamped down with my teeth on his skin as hard as I could.
“You lil…You’re the devil." He paused to look at his bitten hand then back at my devilish smile.
" He he I'm a perona. They live in the Amazon." I gave him a sheepish grin as I watched him leave my room in defeat.

“Great Jae now I’m going to have b.itch cudies. I’m tellin mom.”
“Serves you right. Next time think before you act.” I said while slamming the door in his face feeling like the victorious winner with a happy smile on my face, I felt like I was ready to start my day. I switched on my iHome to play some music putting it on shuffle. Tae yang’s hot new track Just a feeling cut on. After 15 minutes of deciding what outfit should suit me today I grabbed my coach purse and headed downstairs for breakfast. To my surprise I looked around the kitchen and realized nobody was there but Chan sung.

“Wow your early today.” With a happy smile I sat next to him joining him for breakfast.
“Yeah cause I know how long your brother takes in the shower; were already late for homeroom again.”
We both looked up at the Doreamon clock hanging from the kitchen wall revealing that it was already 10:30.
“Yea he does shower like a girl.” Chan sung looked at me and smiled in agreement.

“Where is everybody?” Scanning the kitchen and living room once more I expected at least my mom to still be here.
“Everyone is already gone. Han left this morning to school on time like I hope I could this morning, and your mom and Junsu left for work at the shop already.”
“Oh I see.”

“So where are you headed so early in the morning on your day off?” he asked me while taking a bite of his cereal.
“Well Min Ja and I were going to go shopping for Woo Young Birthday party tomorrow. You’re going tomorrow right?”
“Yeah I think I can make an appearance. Why do you really desire my presence there?” He cocked his eyebrow up speaking in a calm seductive tone that made me blush a little. I hated how his words seemed to have more of an effect on me than I would’ve like. They words just seemed to sounds more seductive than he truly meant them.

“Ok Mr. Conceited I was just curious, but now that I fed your ego plenty, whatever yes I want you to come.” He grinned at me then continued eating his cereal. “Well I got to get going. I’ll see you later and have fun at school.”
“That’s if we ever get there.” Chan sung replied in a nonchalant sarcastic tone.
I stood up biding him farewell and tussled his hair in a messy fashion earning an annoyed glare which immediately melted into a sweet smile, once more then heading out the door.


I’ve only walked about 5 blocks down the street before I was stopped by a gorgeous Lexus and a familiar voice.
“Sa-wat-dee kraup!” *Hello in Thai* I knew it was Khun instantly the moment I heard the Thai accent came out of his mouth.
“Well hello to you too.” We exchanged happy smiles with one another.

“Good morning young lady would you be interested in a ride to Min Ja’s house?”
“What the… how did you know I was headed over there right now?” Folding my arms I gave a puzzled look “Mr. Horvejkul are you by chance stalking me.”

“Oh darn you found me out. Ok since you know, I might as well come clean. Kim Jae Yong I confess ever since I first meet you I watched you sleep through your bedroom window and secretly put a tracking device between your skin. You know like the ones the use on dogs so that I know where you are 24/7. Oh snap I can’t believe you found me out.”

“Ok ok you don’t have to be a smart about it.”

“Well you ask me a question I’ll give you answer; now get in the car.” He smiled while motioning me over to enter the car. I decided I might as well corporate with him or he’ll pick me up and shove me in the car like he did Junho. When I got in the car Khun like always buckled my seatbelt for me before we drove to Min Ja’s house.

“Min Ja asked me to join you guys today at the mall so I thought I'd pick you up on the way.”

“Oh I see. Thanks for the ride I really didn’t want to ride the bus today anyways.”
15 minutes later we reached Min Ja’s and she was already waiting on her front steps.

“Khun and Jae finally.” She rushed over to the car and hopped in the back seat.
“What do you mean finally? You called me only 20 minutes ago.” Khun retorted back to her looking through the rearview mirror. “Did you really wait that long”
“No I didn’t, I just love to bust your balls Khuny.” She tussled his hair around smiling happily.
“Well somebody seems to be in a better mood than yesterday.” I turned around in my seat to see her happy face.
“I gave a lot of thought to what Chan sung said to me yesterday and I’m feeling much better now. He is such a helpful cutie pie.”

“Oh really what did he say?” Khun asked in a questioning voice.

“I can’t tell you it’s a secret between me and him.” I saw Khun's eyes shifting over towards me noticing my reaction towards her last statement. With a grim expression on my face I tried not to overreact too much and displayed a fake smile instead.



                                                                                    *:・゚✧♥♥♥ ✧・゚:*


We must have shopped at the mall for hours looking for new clothes, shoes and the right accessories; not to mention Woo Young’s birthday present.
"Come on you guys can we please leave now? I feel so gay in here.” Khun ed and moaned the entire time we were in Victoria Secret.
"Oh come on lighten up Khun.” I encouraged him to stop his complaining.

"I can’t believe I let you guys talk me into shopping with you again. You always say that it's only going to take a second and we end up in the most feminine stores for hours.”
“No we don’t.” Min Ja tried to deny his accurate claim.
“Oh really? Victoria's Secret, Fredrick's Hollywood, Bliss, Forever21, DSW.”

“Hey hey hey now DSW always has the best sells on shoes okay.” I cut him off before he could make a stronger case against us.
“Why can’t we ever shop somewhere I want to like Hollister or Footlocker?”
“Fine Khun we’ll friggin go to footlocker if that will seize your in okay?” Min Ja said in a sarcastic tone trying to appease him.

“Yes! Finally, wait a minute you only wanna go because there's something you wanna buy isn’t there?”
“No! Maybe …yes I want some new Jordan’s.” She grabbed me by the wrist and quickly ran out of the store before he could change his mind but on the way out we accidently bumped into someone.

Without looking at who it was we both immediately started apologizing to the stranger and his friends but then we realized it was Taecyeon, Woo Young, and Jaebum with two others girls we didn’t recognize, and my lil sister Jae han tucked snuggly under Woo young’s arm.

“Min Ja?” Taecyeon looked at her with widened eyes. He quickly dropped his arm from over the girl's shoulder and stopped playfully pinching the her cheeks with his other hand. There was moment of awkward silence as we shifted eyes to everyone in the group but when I thought about Jae han being with them it finally hit me.

“Han…?” She eyes shacking knowing the exact string of words about to fly from my mouth. “What the are you doing at the mall on a Friday at 1:30 in the afternoon. Why are you not in school?” She immediately hid behind her boyfriend Woo Young for protection. “Kim Jae han answer me!”

“Okay okay I’m sorry unni. It’s Woo Young oppa’s birthday tomorrow and I just wanted to hang out with him today.”

“Get your little back to school right now!” She cringed as soon as she saw me raise my palm in the air ready to pop her in the back of the head. “I should tell my about this!” I threated.

“No! Ok ok ok ok!.” She immediately headed for the exit of the mall. Woo young released a disappointed sigh and shot an annoyed glance my way.

“Oh don’t even give me that look youngie.” I shot back. “You should be shame of yourself for letting her miss school like that.”

“I didn’t pull her out she came here on her own accord.”

“And yet you didn’t bother encouraging to go back.” He immediately clamped down on his bottom lip realizing his wrong doing.

“Ay guys I-“

When Khun finally followed us out of the store he automatically sensed the thick tension amongst us. I looked at the girl, her hands wrapped around Jaebum’s arm and waste.  I don’t know why but her face seemed somewhat familiar. Oh maybe that’s the girl he was with the other night or whatever. She was gorgeous though almost like a Korean Barbie doll completely flawless in her appearance. She had to be a model at the very least.

“Let’s go Jae.” Min Ja tugged on my arm. “Suddenly I don’t wanna be here anymore.” I started walking ahead of her and accidentally brushed up against Jaebum as Min followed behind me but Taecyeon grabbed her by the wrist before she could take another step.

“Min can we at leasttalk.”

“Let go.” Min instantly tried snatched her wrist back away from him giving him the look a lioness would when she’s about to attack, but unaffected he still never let go. Min Ja turned and looked at the girl Taecyeon was just showing affection to and gave her a smirk.

"I suggest you let me go, because I have nothing to say to you short of making your ears bleed." Taecyeon stared at Min Ja not knowing if he should challenge her but still not letting her go. Regret captured his face as Min Ja's eyes cut through the both of them like a butterfly knife.

“Is there a problem?” Khun finally stepped to defend her looking Taecyeon dead in the eye for a moment. Taecyeon eyes jolted from Min Ja back to Khuny then decided it was best to let go. Khun gently put his arm around Min’s shoulder and ushered us out of the mall to the car.

The ride home was conducted in complete silence. The only noise we heard came from the wind blowing against the car outside and the engine. Min Ja sat quietly in the backseat staring out the window and Khun just concentrated on driving.

“Khun?” We heard Min’s voice finally break the silence.
“Ne?”
“Thank you. I really appreciate what you did for me…If hadn’t stepped in I would’ve caused another seen in public like the day before…Thank you.”

Giving her a reassuring smile through his rearview mirror he continued to drive until he arrived at Min’s house. I decided to stay with Min Ja for a while so she wouldn’t feel completely alone and depressed after we said our goodbyes to Khun. When she opened the door there were two unexpected visitors already waiting in her living room.


                                                “Jaebum-shi… Taecyeon; what are you doing here?”