Invisible Heart

♥Love Like Winter ♥

♥   Kim Jae Yong POV

The words pierced my heart kept replaying over and over again in my head.

"Park Jaebum; we're done, ok.”


My heart was taken by him... broken by him... and now it is in pieces because of him.
I could feel it sinking within my chest remembering the expression on his face when I walked away. The desperate eyes of foolish lover pleading to for second chance, although my heart’s desired his acceptance my pride denied him.  Apart of me felt as if I loved him more than he truly deserved and what made it even more painful realizing he brought nothing but the purest of agony in return.

And, yet…part of me still refuse to let him go… Park Jaebum? How could you be so cruel?


"Jae Yong. Jae Yong Jae Yong-shi!"

Silently the first tear fell from my eye softly grazing my cheek continuing to roll down my face when Chan sung snapped me out of my thoughts. I shook when I was able to return my focus to him nearly forgetting he was present. I looked around to see that he had dragged me outside the hospital in the cold wintery air. A light cloak of snow had covered the ground as tiny flakes shimmered in the sky. My eyes remain fixated upon the night’s sky as Chan sung continued to scold me.

"Jae Yong don't tell me you're honestly going to waste your tears on a low life bastard like him?" Chan sung blurted out hiding no trance of his distaste for Jaebum. I resumed back into my quiet thoughts finding his lack of sympathy insensitive. Even if he hated Jaebum he could restrain his insults of him in my presences. Chills caused my body to tremble when the cold wintery air nipped at the nape of my neck.  Unresponsive I said nothing as he continued to search my face awaiting my response.

"Noona!"



"Yah Hwang Chan sung!" I cut him off before he could release another word.
"Do you have any idea how much pride it takes to walk away from someone you truly care for? A flustered expression appeared on his face from the abruptness of the question I posed. “Do you have any clue what of kind of pain stays behind after you have to tell the one you love that you want nothing more to do with them?!" Chan sung said nothing and just stared back at me with widen eyes as I continued to speak. He breathe a irritated sigh, running his fingers through his short black hair. Closing his eyes for moment to recompose himself his gaze return to me with a softer demeanor finally realizing how torn I was from everything that has happened tonight.

Covering my mouth with my hand finally comprehending everything I lost today I was no longer able to bind back my tears when I became overwhelmed with emotions. Totally embarrassed, shamed and destroyed I had completely broken down. My eyes began to blur when tears streamed from the brims even though I shut them tight. For once I had surrendered to my sorrow.

Choking back my tears I was barely able to speak once more. “Do you even know what it's like to love someone for a long time; but they've never even acknowledge your heart in return? Only...only in the end to have it swept away and loved unexpectedly by someone else?"

Slowly I lifted my head to gaze back at the speechless Chan sung thinking over my last words silently. He too seemed surprise and was now at a loss for words.
"No…” He simply replied back after two long drawn out minutes. “I've never had that kind of experience." He quietly mumbled under his breath.


Drying the remaining tears from my eyes my expression transformed from disheartening to angry remembering it wasn’t too long ago I held simple affections for him. "Welcome to my life." I started to walk away but I was stopped by Chan sung’s firm yet gentle grasp around my wrist.


"Noona; what are you talking about?"

"Forget it… You wouldn't understand and even if you did it’s too late of a problem to resolve." I said with my back facing towards him. I could feel my face beginning burn, shaking anguish as I tried my hardest to restrain the invisible tears in my eyes as I snatched my arm back away from him.

"Jae Yong-shi, please?" He said as he somehow managed to regain hold of my forearm once again. "Will you please just talk to me? What's wrong? Where is all this coming from?”

Communication between us fell to a sudden halt as I peered over my shoulder my eyes falling to the snow on the concrete then back to Chan sung waiting for my reply. “Come on noona; we're friends we can always talk."

 I scuffed annoyance when I heard him use the word "friend" as he turned me around forcing me to look at him. That’s all I ever was to him a friend… His best friend Junho’s sister the friend… No matter what I did. No matter I how much hoped and prayed; that’s all he would ever see me as…a friend. Once again I turned my back to him not even able to look at him properly because of my undying animosity toward that term.

                                                                             
"What would you say if I told you I always wanted to be more than just your friend? More than just... a noona to you?"  Sliding my hands comfortably in my cozy pockets I glance over my shoulder in his direction eyeing him carefully. My dark brown pools of ambivalence heighten as I watched his eyes reflecting the same uncertainty with my own.

"What?” He gulped down hard hesitant to know where the conversation was going next. “Jae Yong... what are you saying?" Before I opened my mouth to speak again I clamped down on my bottom lip a little debating whether or not I should say more. With my mind made up I took a deep breathe clinching my fist into a tight ball ready tell him the truth.

"Chan sung… You were the one I wanted to be with 7 months ago." Finally I gather all my courage to tell him staring deep into his eyes face to face. Looking at him I searched for a reaction but in the end I received nothing but blank sheet. No smile of neutral agreement, no sign rejection, not even befuddled look of confusion.

"Liked?" He finally spoke after a long drawn out moment in a semi-disappointed tone.

“YES!” He flinched with surprise from the sudden burst my frustration. “I really liked you, then…" I paused trying to collect the right words in my mind before responding.

"Then ...I fall in love with him.” Silent as the night I stood still reflecting on my perception of Jay…

                                                               “Chan sung, I think I just made a huge mistake."
 

I closed my eyes for moment trying to stop the impeding tears seeping through the rims of my eyes unfortunately for me, I never succeeded. Flashing quickly before me were all the memories of everything that's happened over the past 7 months. Remembering it all, as it were only yesterday and then I saw him. Everything; from the happiest and saddest moments until now; I remembered. Jaebum-shi why? Why do haunt my thoughts? Why did you have to come into my life? And why do I love you so much? One last time…Please one last time I wish he could hold onto me…That way I can remind myself why it is that I can’t get over him. I felt the coldness of the snowflakes gently descending from the sky onto the tip my nose and cheeks as I recalled it all.

*:・゚✧♥♥♥ ✧・゚:*

Beep! Beep! Beep! Agashi wake up!! Agashi!! Agashi wake up!!



I heard the loud screeching noise from my Doreamon alarm clock. The boisterous ring echoed off the walls of my bedroom as I put the covers over my head to block out the bright sunlight and tried to tune out the noise.

Agashi wake up!! Agashi!! Agashi wake up!!



“MMMmmmm …nnnnooooo…” I whined letting out an evil groan stuffing my head deep inside between the pillows. Oh how I hated mornings and everything the stood for.

“Yah Kim Jae Yong wake up. You have to be down at the shop to take over you brother’s shift by 12:30pm.” I could hear my mom’s voice booming all the way from downstairs. Wow oh why couldn’t the weekend last only a few more hours longer?

“Arasoyo.” I replied loud enough for her to hear me finally giving up on all hope of resuming my blissful slumber. Letting out a loud yawn I stretched my arms and back then tasseled my hair around within my fingers. I slid to the side of my bed open my eyes up to look around the room and noticed my lil sis Jae Han had already headed off to school.

 Stepping into my cute Doreamon slippers I proceeded to walk in to the bathroom to take shower and get ready for work. My family owned a music store called KMB records Kim's Music Beatz. We all pitched into help out around the music store but it was mainly run by me, my mom and my older brother Junsu. From time to time my dongsaengs Jaehan and Junho would also help out, but only when they were free from they’re studies since they were still in high school. My father died of lung cancer when I was 14 so I was forced to become mature quickly at a young age to take care my family. It was hard on everyone especially me, my mother and Junsu but we did our best to provide a descent life for ourselves. I hopped out the shower wrapped a towel around my body then walked over towards my closet to pick out and outfit wear.

“Let’s see how about this.” I said aloud to myself as I grab a hold of a long white tank top, a long sleeved gray sheet with a black and bunny on it. Pairing the shirt with my red and black plad mini skirt black leggings and with my black boots. After my outfit was complete I hurried downstairs to eat my breakfast, well in my case an earlier brunch.

“Aigoo, girl what was taking you so long?” My mom began to scold me as she continued packing up my lunch.
“Umma you know I’m a late sleeper.” I answered her back then let out a lil yawn stretching my tired limbs.
“You keep this up I’m going to put you on the morning shift understood!?”
“But nobody buys CD’s at 7:30 in the morning Umma. Why do we have to open up so earlier?” I protested back but I became silent when I saw the stern look upon her face.

“Ok Araso, araso Umma I was just kidding. I’ll try to get up earlier next time.” Man Asian mothers can be so scary sometimes especially mine. She once chased my brother Junsu out of the house with a meat cleaver for talking back to her one summer. I chuckled lightly to myself remembering the good times. I grabbed a hold on my lunch then hugged and kissed my mother good bye.

“I’m off ok.” I announced while heading towards the door.
“Ok, see ya later.” My mother waved me off then I closed the door and began walking to the store.

                                                                                                                           *:・゚✧♥♥♥ ✧・゚:*

“I’m here!” I shouted out to my brother when I entered the shop but there was no response. I pouted disappointed when I failed to hear another voice greet me.
“Oppa?” I began looking around the store to find him then headed into the office and discovered him sleep again on the job. This lazy bastard, drool rolling down his right cheek, shoes propped up on the counter.
"OPPA!” He jumped hard when I yelled his name catching him by surprise.
“Aaahh YAh!! What? Why are you so noisy?” Junsu whimpered as he began rubbing his eyes then looked at me with a puzzled look on his face.
“You’re sleeping on the job! You know mom would be pissed if she saw you.”
“Yea but she ain’t here so let me just sleep.” He said while closing his eyes again then pulled his jacket over his body serving him as a tiny blanket.
“Why are you so tried? It’s not like you were doing anything yesterday.”

“ Shhhh dongsaeng, I’m a little hung over right now from yesterday so please.” Staring back at him I shook my head in disapproval. ing alcoholic…
“Is that why you smell like kimchi, soju and ball sweat?”
“Perhaps… man does your heart have to beat so loud? It’s making my headache worst.” He gripped his jacket tighter then closed his eyes once again ignoring my presences.
“Yah if you’re just going to sit here and sleep than at least go home and do that. I’ll cover you shift for today ok?” I mumbled with displeasure lacing within my voice.
“Really?” He opened his eyes like he was still slightly tipsy.

“Yea… You like hell right now so just go home.” He stood up and patted me on the top head then smiled. On any other given day I would’ve scolded him further but I genuinely felt bad for him today for some reason.
“Thanks dongsaeng.”
“Yea yea whatever you owe my one remember this.” I watched him walk out of the shop then I took my seat in the office waiting for customers to arrive.

 

                                                                                                                    *:・゚✧♥♥♥ ✧・゚:*

Wow time really does fly when you’re not doing shit I thought to myself completely bored outta my friggin mind. I looked over at the clock and it was already 3:30. Why does it have to be such a slow day? I groaned completely miserable from the suffocating aura of boredom. Just then I heard the store bell ring and I stood up to greet the customers but didn’t pay attention to who was walking through the door.

“Annyeong hase___uh?” I stopped in mid bow then looked up to see my baby brother Junho and his best friend Chan sung walk into the shop. My heart leaped in my chest causing my stomach flutter a little. One would think I would become accustom to seeing him knowing Chan sung been around our family for years but no matter what this would always happened to me whenever I laid eyes upon him. I’ve always had a secret crush on him ever since I’ve known him however; I’ve never really had the courage to tell him. He might think it’s a lil weird that his best friend’s older sister was crushing on him.

“Hi noona!” Junho greeted as he walked in with a bright smile on his face, just as cheerful as always.
“Oh it’s just you Junho. Hi how was school?” I sat back down in my seat lazily.
“It was great!” He smiled back brighter than a light bulb as if he was overjoyed and pleased with himself about something.
“Was gotten into him?” I looked at Chan sung confusion clearly displayed upon my face as I eyed Junho suspiciously.
“He’s super happy because he finally got the courage to ask Shin Min jung out and she said yes.” Chan sung playful shoved the smiling Junho shoulder mocking his love struck stare.

WHAT!? You asked out my best friends little sister?”


“Yea I already got Min ja noona’s approval.” Junho smiled glowing brightly across his face from ear to ear. He hoped up on the counter top next to me. Great even my baby brother has more courage than me… fuck my life I thought to myself. Min jung and Junho had grown up together just as my best friend Min ja and I did. I should have foreseen this was going to happen as much time as they spent throughout their childhood.

“How come Min ja never said anything to me about this?”
“I don’t know; don’t ask me she’s your best friend.” Junho replied with a confident smirk on his face.


“Well whatever lover boy watch the store.” I playfully pushed him back into the chair behind the counter then began walking out the store.
“Yah noona, where are you going?!” I heard Junho shout out behind me but I quickly made my escape with no response back to him. “Man why do I have to watch the store?”

I could hear Chan sung laughing at him then heard his footsteps heading my direction. “Yah; where are you going?”
“Man I’m out too.”
“Wait are you guys really just going leave me here by myself?”
“Yep.” Chan sung and I answered back in unison then proceed to walk out the door together.

 

“Hey noona? Where are you headed to now?” Chan sung caught up to me with a brisk jog before stopping me in my tracks.

“I’m not sure yet I just wanted to get out of that shop because I was so bored. I’m might head down to the park to meet Khuny and Min ja, why?”
“Well.” My cheeks flamed when I sensed him stepping closer to me, his towering body invading my personal space.  Allowing a devilishly handsome smiled to glide across his lips I couldn’t help mirror it. “I was wondering if I could tag along and maybe to treat you to a boba?” Chan sung asked me in a kind voice.

 

“Ummm…” I thought to myself hesitantly for moment.

“Come on…” He leaned to my match my height. “I’ll get you your favorite.” He spoke in a teasingly seductive voice before wrapping his hand around the back of my neck drawing me into his whisper. “Strawberry…” When his lips settled beside my ear, I nearly fainted. I could fell the sinful heat of him smoothing along the skin of my neck as I nodded my head in agreement.

“Sure let’s do that.”
“Okay let’s go.” He smiled then released his hand from my neck replacing it with my hand instead making my heart race once again as we walked down to the boba shop.

                                                                                                                 *:・゚✧♥♥♥ ✧・゚:*

We grabbed our boba still hand and hand we walked down to the park to meet up with everyone. Although we weren’t dating we always seemed to walk hand and hand for some reason. More than likely it’s because when growing up with Junho I did the same to him so it became habit even though it was several years ago. We never saw it as odd even when people pointed it out and assumed we we’re a couple. When we arrived everybody was there already. Min ja was sitting on the bench by herself watching her boyfriend Taecyeon playing basketball with Woo Young and some other guy I didn’t recognize.


“Oppa can we please leave now?” Min ja pouted to Taecyeon but he just ignored her.
“Oppa! Oppa!!”
“Yah just sit there we’ll be finish soon.” Taecyeon shouted back in his typical douchebaggery voice at Min ja then continued to play ball with his boys.

“Oh Jae Yong, Chan sung! Over here.” Min ja turned to wave us down. Chan sung dropped my hand quickly turning all his attention on Min ja. Semi disappointed when he immediately focused all his attention upon my friend I proceeded to followed behind him. He walked over towards Min without me then sat down beside her like a puppy making a new friend. As much as I wanted to ignore my feelings of underlining jealousy I couldn't help but to feel slightly envious even though I knew very well they were just friends.

“Min annyeong.” I hugged her lightly before sitting on the other side of her. I looked around and noticed my besty Nickhun was nowhere in sight.
“Min where’s Khuny?” I asked as I continued to search the basketball court for him.
“I don’t know…” She replied just as lost as I was. “He’s probably running away from his groupies.” Chan sung and I laughed.

“Yea I know he like an accidental pimp. For some reason girls just can’t seem to get enough of him.” I said in agreement as we all shared a brief laugh together then stared back out towards to courts. I looked out and saw Taecyeon and Woo young high fiving the new guy I’ve never seen before. The stranger had a cremey honeybrown skin tone with small slanted yet slightly feminine caramel brown eyes and a fohawk as he stood only a mere 5’7ft. He was almost smurf like in height compared to Taec and Woo young.

“Min?”
“Uh?”
“Who’s that?” I asked staring at the stranger with the honeybrown skin complexion and toned upper body.
“Oh him? His name is Park Jaebum. He just recently moved back to Seoul from the Seattle in states. He’s been friends with Woo young and Taecyeon oppa for about 15 years now. They seem happy to have him back here but I heard I he is a real playboy as you can see.”

I looked back towards the direction she was pointing in when I saw the honeybrown stranger arms around two girls and flirting with three others in front of him. Then his eyesight directed towards me for a moment but I looked away immediately trying not to make eye contact with the creep. That’s the last thing I wanted to do is give that punk the wrong impression.

I there’s one thing I couldn’t stand in society is guys who are relentlessly on an epic quest for poon. Players, pimps and playboys all disgusted me because the way I see it they have absolutely no respect for themselves, women of anyone else. They were just sociopaths looking out for number 1 every time and all the time.

“Damn what a dog.” I accidently said my thoughts out loud again one of my extremely bad habits.

“Yea I know that’s why I don’t like the thought of my boyfriend hanging out around him because it’s only a matter of time before one of these hoes try to approach him. As a matter a fact like right now for example, excuse me.” One of the girls began flirting with Taecyeon tracing her fingertips lightly across his chest. Quickly removing the girls hands away from his body Taecyeon trembled in shock as Min ja walked over and grabbed him by the ear to snatch him away her.

“Let’s go now.”
"Ah yah yah Min ja that hurts! Oww ow oww oww babe!” Taecyeon whined out in pain as he was forcefully dragged off the court.
“Jae Yong, Chan sung annyeong.” Min ja waved goodbye to us with her free hand as she dragged Taecyeon all the way to her car in the parking lot.

I waved back as they slowly disappeared from my sight then I turned around to see Chan sung still looking in the direction Min ja just left. His face looked intense and focused as if he had something on his mind and didn’t really want to share it. His eyes became unreadable for a few moments so I decided to get his attention once again.

“Chan sung. Hello earth to Hwang Chan sung can you hear me?” I waved my hand back and forth in front of his face bringing his concentration back to reality.
“Uh, what? Did you say something?” He gave me a puzzled look when I finally snapped him back to focus.

 “What’s up with you? You’re acting weirder than normal today.” He said nothing back instead he just allowed a small smile glaze across his face. “By chance… do you like her?” Ask teasingly not prepared for his next response.

He smiled a little then looked down at his hands then back at me. “Actually…to tell you the truth yea. I like Min ja very much.” My heart sunk into my stomach after he said those words so honest and blunted. The tricks rabbit couldn’t even feel even sillier than I did at that very moment in time. I had no idea how to even response to that… It was like I’d been punched in the stomach by Muhammad Ali as the air in my body abandoned me.


“Ya know I was just kidding around right?” I laughed it off and trying to reconfirm what just heard.
“Yea but I wasn’t. “A sudden pain hit my chest attacking my heart as I looked into his face with all seriousness. I sat still my eyes blinking not really wanting to believe the conversation we were having. “Actually I’ve liked her for a while now. I just don’t know exactly how to tell her because he already has Taecyeon by her side.”

“Yea?” I tried my best to hide my jealousy in front of him but I know it was written all over my face I just prayed to God he didn’t notice. My emotional enemy numbers one. My facial expressions always betrayed me whether I was happy or sad, it’s as always clear as day engraved upon my face.

“To be honest, I think she deserves better. Taecyeon never is really listens to what she has to say in addition even though I respect him as my Hyung, I know how selfish and stubborn he can be. I just hope one day she would give me a chance to prove to her that she can do so much better than what he can offer he right now.”

I would have found his rant more inspirational and possibly romantic if was about anybody else other than my best friend. Instead only disappointment and pitiful heartbreak boiled within.

“I wanna be the shoulder she leans on when she having a hard time. I wanna be the one she dreams of every night and the one she thinks about when she wakes up. I wanna be the one to love her and treat her right and provide her with any and every thing she wants and needs.”

Every single words felt as if was slowly tormenting and crucifying my heart. A slap in the face to me and a great big ed you to cupid and everything he stands for. My eyes glazed over with fresh tears threatening to reveal themselves but I refused to give in.

“Jae yong…” I turned to him trying my absolute best to maintain my cool exterior even though it was tearing out my heart deep inside.”

I know this might sound a little selfish of me but…I sincerely think she should be with me."

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hi everybody welcome to Love Like Winter if your just now tuning in. :) I hope you like it so far because the next few chapters are really going to start setting the story in motion. If like what your reading recommend to other friends and 2pm fans. As always leave comments, positve criticism & subscribe if your a silent readers. Thanks guys for your support and look forward to the next chapter.

xoxoxo- the youngbaebabe