~*THREE*~

♥~Unexpected~♥ ft Song Seunghyun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“The rain seems to be slowing down..” Suzy looked up at the sky. Seunghyun stared at the ground uncomfortably trying extremely hard not to even look in Suzy’s direction. “Shall we start going up the mountain again?” Suzy asked wiping away the water dripping down her face. Seunghyun gave her a mute nod. “I wonder if the other teams have made it to their finish line.” Suzy asked Seunghyun who still remained quiet. “Seunghyun shi?” Suzy prompted him.

“Huh? Yes.” Seunghyun answered absent-mindedly. To his surprise Suzy had started laughing again. “Yes? You mean you think the other teams have made it to their finish line already? Have we already lost?” Seunghyun flushed at Suzy’s teasing. “No I didn’t mean that.” Seunghyun stammered. “Yes I know. I was just teasing you.” Suzy smiled. “You really haven’t changed have you?” Seunghyun’s question stopped Suzy’s laughter. “You mean from back then?” She asked him.

“Yes. You’re still the same strange cute girl with the weird tendencies.” Seunghyun had to laugh at the expression on Suzy’s face. “Weird? I’m weird?” she made a face. “Now it’s my turn to tease you.” Seunghyun grinned. “Good one.” Suzy returned his smile. Seunghyun realised that he wouldn’t really mind having her smile at him every single day. It would be just like the old days when he used to see her in the school hallways where she would always flash him that dimpled smile.

“You’re lost again Seunghyun shi. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea for us to get wet in the rain to win the competition. Maybe you’re coming down with something..” Suzy looked worried. “Ah no Suzy shi.. Nothing is wrong with me. I’ve been a little distracted lately. I’m sorry.. Let’s just go..” Seunghyun shielded his head from the rain even though it was pointless & headed out before Suzy could get a word in. “Okay.” Suzy shrugged nonchalantly following Seunghyun out into the downpour.

“Just how high is this mountain?” Seunghyun held a hand up to his chest within ten minutes of the walk through the rain. ‘It’s a hill & it’s not very high Seunghyun shi. It’s the rain that is making it so difficult.” Suzy wiped the droplets of water that kept entering her eyes & blurring her vision. “Hey! Do you see that?” Seunghyun tapped Suzy’s shoulder & pointed into the distance. Rubbing her eyes to clear her vision Suzy blinked rapidly & then broke into a wide grin. It was the pink flag. Drenched & soggy but it was there, right there in plain sight.

“It’s the flag! Omo! I think we won!” Suzy gave a triumphant shout & started running towards the flag. Seunghyun joined her with equal enthusiasm racing towards their target. “We’re finally going to win Seunghyun shi!” Suzy pumped her fists up as a sign of victory. Seunghyun started to raise his arms to mirror her cheer when Suzy disappeared right in front of his eyes. “What? Suzy shi? Suzy shi?!” Seunghyun’s voice cracked in panic as he frantically searched for her through the downpour. She had just been a few metres away from him.

“I’m here Seunghyun shi.” He heard her faint whisper through the battering racket of the rain. “I can’t see you Suzy shi! Where are you?” Seunghyun yelled. “Down here..” her voice sounded from below. Seunghyun strained to see through the rain & gasped when he saw Suzy lying in a large hole in the ground where the land had caved in. A hole Seunghyun had almost fallen into as well. “Be careful Seunghyun shi! I don’t want you to fall in like me. It’s.. really muddy here.” Suzy held up her hands that were completely covered in dark brown muck. Her pink t-shirt was turning a dirty brown & her face and hair were caked with mud.

“Are you alright?” Seunghyun cringed inwardly as he realised just how ridiculous his question was. Suzy was right in front of him & she was far from being alright standing in a gaping muddy pit. “I’m not hurt thank goodness but can you get me out of here Seunghyun shi?” Suzy called up to him. Seunghyun looked around in panic trying to find something that could hoist Suzy up but found nothing that could help him out. “Let me see if there is a tree branch somewhere..” Seunghyun told Suzy & took off into the distance.

However despite his best efforts Seunghyun couldn’t find anything to assist him in helping Suzy out of the pit. “Suzy shi.. just grab my hand.” Seunghyun leaned over & stretched out his hand to Suzy. “Um.. Seunghyun shi.. Are you sure that is a good idea?” Suzy seemed apprehensive about Seunghyun being able to hoist her up with one arm. “We have to try something to get you out of this mud pit.” Seunghyun said seriously. Having no other choice despite her apprehensions Suzy grabbed Seunghyun’s hand.

Seunghyun grunted as he tried to pull Suzy up trying not to show what a difficult time he was having. “Just a little bit more..” Suzy found a foothold on a tree root & tried to lift herself up. Seunghyun found himself losing his own foothold. With a loud yelp he slipped into the muddy pit & collapsed on top of Suzy her yelp echoing his own. “I’m so sorry Suzy shi.. Are you okay?” Seunghyun quickly moved away & helped Suzy up. She sat up looking a little dazed but gave him a small nod.

“I’m fine Seunghyun shi. You are now in this muddy pit with me.. I’m sorry that you ended up here while filming with me.” Suzy sighed brushing some mud off Seunghyun’s arm. “Don’t apologise to me Suzy shi. It’s not your fault. I’m actually having fun.” Seunghyun grinned. “Somehow I find that hard to believe.” Suzy shook her head. “No, I am. I’ve always wanted to do stuff with you since high school.” Seunghyun blurted out. Suzy stopped wiping her face & looked at him curiously.

“Since high school?” She repeated his words. “Yes. We both were in different cliques but you seemed like a fun girl to hang out with.” Seunghyun explained himself. “I thought the same thing too Song sunbae.” Suzy used Seunghyun’s high school nickname. “You remember my high school nickname.” Seunghyun lit up at her words. “You were pretty popular. A talented guitarist & singer. The girls loved you.” Suzy added. “Did you?” Seunghyun asked & was greeted by Suzy’s laughter once more.

“I did like you Seunghyun shi. I wanted to ask you to help me play the guitar but it’s too bad we never got to talk properly.” Suzy started looking around to check if they could climb out through another way. “You should have asked me. I would have gladly helped you play the guitar. If you want I can help you to play the guitar even now.” Seunghyun hurriedly volunteered himself. “Jaejin oppa has planned to teach me but I wouldn’t mind having two mentors.” Suzy answered.

Seunghyun’s heart sank slightly but he was glad that Suzy was considerate to his feelings by not rejecting his offer immediately. “I wish we could have gotten to know each other better in high school. Maybe things..” Seunghyun’s voice trailed off. He stopped himself before he said something that he was going to regret. They both were stuck in a small muddy hole with no way of climbing out & here he was planning to confess how much he liked Suzy right there.

“Things could have what Seunghyun shi?” Suzy squinted at him. “Nothing Suzy shi. Let’s try to get out of here. Want me to give you a boost?” Seunghyun held out his hands. “Maybe I should give YOU a boost Seunghyun shi. I really don’t want to break your back or cause you any grievous bodily harm.” Suzy shook her head. “You really want to give me a boost?” Seunghyun raised his eyebrows. “At least there is less risk of me hurting you that way.” Suzy answered bluntly.

“Alright then.” Suzy held cupped her hands together asking Seunghyun to step in them. Seunghyun’s eyes found the tree root Suzy was trying to use to climb out earlier & decided he would use the same tree root to climb out. “One. Two. Three.” Suzy counted & Seunghyun quickly stepped into her hands & felt himself getting propelled up. Quickly catching onto the tree root Seunghyun swung his long legs over to the side & easily climbed out of the pit.

“YAY! You’re out!” Suzy cheered from below. “You’re still IN!” Seunghyun was dismayed. “I’ll try to climb out myself.” Suzy called back. “Here. Take my hand.” Seunghyun stuck out his hand again. “Not sure if that is the best idea.” Suzy smiled. “I’ll find something to hold onto before I try to hoist you this time round.” Seunghyun found a tree root sticking out from the groud washed clean by the rain & wound his leg around it. Swinging down he held out his hand. Suzy grabbed it & Seunghyun heaved with all his might.

“Got it!” Suzy yelled triumphantly as her foot found the hold she was looking for. Within seconds she had climbed out of the pit her round face beaming with relief. “That was an interesting first date.” She collapsed onto the muddy ground tiredly after her initial relief faded. “I wonder where the PD is.. he told us he would be following us & there is no sign of him.” Seunghyun looked around but found the only humans in sight were him & Suzy. “He’s probably taking shelter from this rain. Lucky him. Unlucky us. We don’t even have proof that we got to the flag before the other teams did.” Suzy sighed & got up from the ground.

“Don’t say that. We have each other as witnesses.” Seunghyun patted her shoulder comfortingly. Brightening at his words at his words Suzy walked side by side Seunghyun towards the flag. “Uh Suzy shi.. Can I ask you for a favour?” Seunghyun scratched his neck sheepishly. “What is it?” Suzy wanted to know. “Can you keep it a secret that you were the one who gave me the boost? It’ll be humiliating for me if words gets around that a girl helped me out instead of me helping her.” Seunghyun felt his face flame red at his own words.

“My lips are sealed.” Suzy made a sign of zipping up . “Thank you.” Seunghyun said gratefully. “Here we are!” Suzy jumped happily when she & Seunghyun reached the sodden flag. “To think we went through so much for this flag..” Seunghyun grabbed the flag & handed it to Suzy who took it with a bow. “Don’t forget the 200,000 won prize hamper. Hopefully it’ll be nice bath products. I might need to soak myself in a tub for at least 24 hours to get all the mud off me.” Suzy laughed.

“Shall we wait up there? I don’t think we should be walking down the mountain in this rain. In case we get caught in an avalanche. Given our luck I wouldn’t be surprised if that happens.” Seunghyun said. Suzy agreed instantly. She was so ready to get out of the rain. “Feels good to not get soaked to the skin. Brr.. It’s freezing..” Suzy plopped down on the bench in the shelter looking exhausted. “Is everyday this interesting on Invincible Youth 2?” Seunghyun asked massaging his aching arms.

“By interesting you mean getting stuck in a muddy pit on top of the hill? Not really.. We usually do farm work or something along the lines of that.” Suzy replied squeezing water droplets out of her hair. “I wonder how Jaejin oppa is doing..” Suzy said out aloud. Seunghyun stared at her but didn’t speak a word. “Do you love him?” Seunghyun questioned quietly. Suzy shrugged. “I don’t know if I’m in love with Jaejin oppa but I like him. He’s very sweet & really went all out of his way to woo me.” Suzy replied.

Seunghyun’s eyebrows rose by themselves. “So you don’t love him?” he asked. “I already like him. It’s not going to be impossible to learn how to love Jaejin oppa.” Suzy answered making Seunghyun’s eyebrows rise even higher. She said she liked Jaejin but she didn’t love him. Maybe.. just maybe there was still a possibility that Seunghyun could express his feelings to her without Suzy getting offended.

“Do you have any regrets when you graduated from high school?” Seunghyun started the conversation when silence lapsed between the couple. “Not really.. I have maybe just one.” Suzy replied after some thought. “What is it?” Seunghyun probed. “It’s a secret.” Suzy held a finger to her lips. “How about you?” she smiled. “Well I regret not asking out this girl back in high school.” Seunghyun sighed.

“Really? You had a high school crush from our school? So cute! Who was she?” Suzy moved closer to Seunghyun her eyes sparkling with curiosity. “You.” Seunghyun met her gaze steadily. Suzy’s eyes widened for a second before she smiled at him awkwardly. “I think I misheard you Seunghyun shi.” She smiled again. “No, you heard me right. It’s you that I regret not asking you out in high school.” Seunghyun’s voice wavered slightly but he kept his cool. That was the perfect opportunity for him to speak his mind.

“You liked me in high school Seunghyun shi?” Suzy seemed to sit frozen in shock. “Actually I still like you till now. That is exactly why I regret not asking you out in high school. Maybe things would be different.. maybe you would be dating me now.” Seunghyun stared at the muddy ground his expression grim. “I.. I don’t know what to say.. Does Jaejin oppa know that you..” Suzy was cut off by Seunghyun’s panicked yelp.

“No. He doesn’t know. He doesn’t know I have liked you for so long. I mean he knows that I think you’re the prettiest female idol but he doesn’t know that I..” Seunghyun stopped & then groaned in frustration. He was shoving his foot down his mouth further every passing second. “I shouldn’t even be saying this.. You are hyung’s girlfriend now. I’m sorry Suzy shi.” Seunghyun apologised.

“No. Don’t say that Seunghyun shi. I.. I’m flattered that you like me. This is too sudden for me to me to process that’s all.” Suzy shuffled her feet uncomfortably. “The rain is stopping. We should go.” She said after a pregnant pause. Seunghyun merely nodded. He didn’t trust himself to speak lest he put his foot in his mouth again. Seunghyun watched Suzy walk a couple of feet before she turned back with a strange look in her large eyes.

“You know I told you I had one regret in high school?” she asked Seunghyun. He acknowledged the question with a slight inclination of his head. “My regret was why you never asked me out in high school & why I didn’t try to make sure you did.” Suzy smiled at him sadly before walking away into the drizzle.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : Thank you for the comments guys! I hope this chapter was good! Comments & suggestions are welcome! :D There will be one extra chapter for this story. I couldn't sum it all up in just three chapters. :)