Surprise

Turquoise

 

If you have to list all the best Saturdays you’ve ever lived your whole life, today would definitely be at the top of your list. The excitement you feel at the moment can be compared to that particular prehistoric squirrel’s thrill whenever it sees an acorn, in that particular animated film you’ve watched. What was the name of that squirrel again? Scrat? Yeah, that’s his name, you guess.

Sitting on a wooden bench, you restrain yourself from jumping up and down in the middle of the park as you wait for Suho to arrive. You’re a civilized lady today, you constantly remind yourself. You tried to look reserved, but how can you do that if you can’t even hide that shameless grin on your face because you’ve been reading the same last text he sent this morning over and over again. Judging by your smug expression, anyone that’ll pass by would think that someone sent you a very cheesy pick-up line or an “I love you”, even. But in reality, it was really just a formal and simple, “See you in 3 hours! ^^” that got you grinning like you’re a deranged school girl or something. Wait, never mind, you are one.

Thirty minutes left, you thought, glancing at your watch. You’re getting kind of bored – and a lot little cold - with just sitting there in a dress.  You guess wearing it today wasn’t’ a really good idea. Why the hell is the wind extra icy – and y – today?

Nah, you shrug it all away. Suho might like the dress, and hopefully might nudge away his ‘friends only’ feelings for you a little bit. You’ve survived the last thirty minutes of waiting with it anyway, might as well endure the next. So, how shall I entertain myself?

Imagine people being bald, a little thought says from somewhere inside your brain. Where the heck did that come from? You thought. The level of your brain’s creativity sometimes scares you. But who cares? It’s better than nothing. No one can read your mind anyway.

You finally decided to put it to test, to see if it’ll really tickle your funny bone. You close your eyes and take a deep breath, conditioning yourself for the full execution. Okay, who shall I imagine first?

The first person that pops through your mind is no other than your current arch nemesis, Kris.

“PFFT- PWAHAHAHA!” You burst into laughter the moment the image of him having a shiny, polished head completely registers through your mental TV screen.  You laugh even harder when your wild mind's eye puts on a flowery pink headband on his bald head, with a matching neon pink frilly mini Sunday dress and five-inch stilettos. Your cackling earns you a lot of weird looks from passersby. Can’t blame them, who wouldn’t throw an odd glance at a person who laughs like a retarded seal on her own?

The boisterous laughter reduces to giggles as you wipe the tears of laughter off your eyes, slowly recovering from the hilarious picture your brain just displayed. You realize that imagination is a privilege often taken for granted. Everyone should appreciate it more.

“What are you laughing about?”

You promptly turn behind you, startled by the voice. Happiness transitioned to embarrassment the instant you see the perpetually angelic Suho’s smiling.

“Omo!” You exclaim in shock, jumping in your seat. “Nothing, I was just- uh- how long were you there?” You ask uneasily, eyes shifting from left to right. OMG Did he just see me look like a crazy laughing man— how the hell can he legally look so good with just a hoodie and jeans?

 He leisurely goes around the bench and sits next to you. “I just arrived, actually. You’re early. Did you wait long?”

“Oh no, I just arrived, too. Around five minutes ago.” You lie. He totally bought it, making you a little guilty.

“Oh is that so? I’m just in time then. “ He says, relieved. “So…”  he his head to the right. “Let’s go?”

You nod in reply, standing up with him.

“Oh wait, I forgot something.” He frowns, biting his lip.

“What is it?” You ask with genuine concern, worried with him. He eyes you from head to toe.

“Did I tell you that you look good today?” He smiles widely.

 

 

 

The walk on the way to his house felt awkward. Only for you, at least.  Suho was too engrossed in discussing about new books with you to notice that his compliment made some effect on you. If only he knew.

After few minutes of walking from block to block, you finally stop in front of an average light blue two-story house.

“This is it.” He opens the gate, and made way. “Welcome to my house.” He gestures you to enter. You primly step inside, studying the environment. He leads you to the front door, and you tail after him like a preschooler would.

The house was spacey in the inside. The interiors looked bare and simple, except for a few boxes stacked in a corner and some small cubism paintings on the walls.

“Make yourself at home.” He says. “Oh and you can go up at the room first and prepare your things for later, I’m going to stay down here and cook lunch for us.” He smiles and disappears before you could say no. Oh well, you asked for it. I’m going to take the advantage and snoop on your things. You triumphantly climb up the stairs and opened the first room.

You step in after bolting the door, your curious eyes further scanning the room, silently admiring the order and neatness it displays. Your gaze runs through the study table, the double deck bed and small shelf filled with books. As expected of Suho, you smile privately.

You continue to walk around the room, delightfully approving of everything you’re seeing. You were just looking at a portrait of Suho laid on his desk when you hear a door open.

You turn towards it, expecting to see him. But unfortunately, it was a different guy - and a half- one, at that. He was a tall person, about six feet in height, holding a towel in his hand and wearing nothing but boxers while emerging from the bathroom.  It doesn’t take you too long to recognize who the man was.

 

Kris?!”

 

Your loud gasp got him to notice you. And when he did, he smirks at your frozen shocked expression, and continues drying his wet blonde hair with the towel as he walked closer.

 

“Yo.”