Chapter VI: Till Death Do Us Apart

Woebegone

A white car, parked illegally, immediately outside the condominium 

A blonde man, running hurriedly up the steps. 

He needed to understand, , he needed to KNOW if Lee Chaerin was single. 

He needed to know if Lee Chaerin was still his. 

A string of music, the beats to his and her favourite song, cut the steady rhythm of his pounding foot steps.  His phone, vibrating again. 

Someone was calling. 

He assumed it was the people he did not want to talk to. Dara or his mother, who had been trying to talk to him since that day, but he refuses to hold a civil conversation with them.  For once, he wants to gather his courage and follow his heart. 

A sleek I-Phone laid on the foot of the steps between floor 9-10, still vibrating before being silenced. 

A missed call from Hunchae. 

************************************************************************************

The management was trusting. He was, after all her best friend. Besides, his reputation was always good.  After hollering, knocking, hitting and begging outside the unyielding thick wood door, he finally went downstairs to get the spare key. 

He now slotted the key into the lock, and waited for it to beep, the light to flash bright green. Somehow, his heart was thumping in his chest, so loud and painfully, somehow, he knew something was wrong, somehow, he felt so heavy-hearted, so much heartbreak... Somehow, he felt tears forcing themselves to the edges of his eyes. 

Somehow, he felt so useless. 

The door opens. The condominium unit was silent, darkened. Everything was eerily perfect, untouched. It was as he remembered, every little bit and corner. 

The bedroom door was slightly ajar, something he knew felt weird. Very weird. She never left a door half-open, because she doesn't like how people would be able to see into her room. She doesn't like how the door would slam when there was a strong wind, either. 

He would never forget what he saw... What he did. The most beautiful, horrifying, sweet yet bitter thing. 

Seeing her curled up, a small ball in the midst of vast bed sheets, made him smile. She looked so fragile, so... beautiful. Striding over, he brushed away her blonde hair much like his from her face, tracing the facial features he missed so much. 

His heart became heavier. His smile though, became brighter. Leaning over, he pressed his lips against hers gently. 

He heard the crinkle of silver foil.

He sees an empty medicated patch, with all 10 of the pills popped out from its casing lying forlornly on the bed sheets not far from her. 

*****************************************************************************

"Don't you ing die on me... Don't you dare!"  He was panicking, one hand holding her limp, slender hand tightly as the other maneuvered the steering wheel. His foot remained pressed on the accelerator, speeding his way to the hospital. He had tried to call for the ambulance at first, of course. But his phone was left on the stairway, her phone was out of battery, and he couldn't find the damn handset anywhere. 

He ran a traffic-light. The light was amber, turning red... and he risked it. 

A truck in the opposite direction hit him. The car skidded and flew off the highway bridge. All this over in less than 3 minutes. 

His hand tightened on hers before darkness claimed him. Glass shattered and ambulance's sirens were heard. A call of death, piercing the bustling air. 

They say that it was lucky the car didn't explode. They say it was a horrid sight. They say it was bad, it was bloody. They say he protected her in the end,  threw himself over her. They say a single tear slid down his cheeks. They say he didn't let go of her hand... until they did. 

The paramedics' words echo in the hospital hallways. 

*****************************************************************************

Both lay unconscious in the same hospital room. 

They were unstable. They were at death's door. They might not wake up. They might be paralyzed. They were together. 

Separating them was space. Space between the beds. If they would just wake up and reach out, they would touch each other. 

That's all they have to do. After so much they have been.... all they have to do is to stretch out. 

Two lives.

Two people.

Two souls.

One heart. 

Kwon Ji Yong and Lee Chaerin died together on the same day. 

******************************************************************************

A beautiful day, marred by silent tears, gentle sobbing. Twin graves lowered in the ground. White roses scattered on the freshly turned soil. 

"Silly, stupid Chaerin, and that bastard Kwon Jiyong." The tall model takes a deep breath, looks at his fiancée for courage, and continues speaking. "I bless you guys. Not even death can do them apart. They say there is no story of more woe than Juliet and her Romeo. Then, there is no story of more beauty and heartbreak than this story of Lee Chaerin and her Romeo... Kwon JiYong." 

Blinking back stubborn tears, he whispers, "And in that new world that you guys have created on your own... wherever you guys are... I hope you are happy." 

A scattering of claps as he walks off stage, a silent tear finally sliding out. He hugs his fiancée tight for support and cries, sobbing. 

But gradually his tears dry up too, and a simple smile makes its way past his tears. 

"Bommie... I love you. Because of you, I can feel the happiness and bliss I'm sure Jiyong and Chaerin feel now." Bom nods her head, her eyes filling with tears. 

And if someone looked hard enough, they might be able to see two angels, side by side in the clear blue sky, their hands gently entwined together. 

Woe,be gone. 

***********************************************************************************

A/N: 

This is the SHORTEST story chapter I have ever written for this story, haha XP 

But that because that's not the end! There is a bonus... 

WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN HEAVEN

So stay tuned, keke~ ^^ Ahh... i dont think i did well for this chapter...And please subscribe and comment! X) I miss you guys... T-T