Chapter I : Life Introduction

Woebegone

"Americano for ya?" Her hand snapped up and grasp the Americano dangling in front of her head. 'Yah, careful! These are brand new," she mock-scolded as she sipped her coffee while gesturing to her killer heels. "Babe, I know you love me." the other only grinned in response and winked winningly at her. She could never resist that sly fox. 

"Shut up Jingyo Oppa, we're gonna be late." she turned and walked away, hiding her smile. Sure enough, not a heartbeat later, pounding footsteps could be heard as his familiar warm hand caught her free one. "Aww Hunchae~" he whined, snuggling up to her while pouting adorably as they walked along. 

She could resist his charm no longer and burst into tingling laughter as he joined in. They walked hand in hand as their peals of laughter echoed around the busy streets of Seoul. 

**********************************************************************

Their meeting was years back, and it wasn't what you would call a chanced encounter; more of a spat. 

School had never been so eventful. 

He was a residental hottie, the typical badboy with unbelievable gorgeousness, smartness and popularity. Money, Looks, Brains, Friends, Charm. He's got it all.  

She was the new transfer student from France, but was well rumoured. Reason being? Her passport is unbelievably filled with many stamps from different countries. Besides, she was a total walking translator. French, Japanese, English, Korean, she could speak it all. 

He pulled up in school with his sparkling white Bentley. 

She pulled up in school with her gleaming black Lamborghini. 

They set their eyes on the same shaded parking lot. 

"Yah, I don't know who you are but I reached first." he yelled out of the window, squinting his eyes to see her through the windowpane of hers.

He couldn't discern her facial features well hidden behind shades which he conveniently chose not to wear in favor of a beanie today, but judging from the blonde hair, it was a her. 

She didn't reply but neither did she budge. In fact, was that her tapping her fingers impatiently against the dashboard like he was the one holding her up? The imprudence of her! 

He stepped out of his car and knocked on the other's window. 

The other winded down her window and turned to look at him, a look of disdain on her face. 

"I'm sorry, but could you move? I want to park or I'd be late for school." he tried to sound polite but damn, she was unnerving. She was just looking at him with lips pressed disapprovingly together. Did she know who he was? 

"I'm sorry too but could YOU move? I would like to park here too." she quirked an eyebrow as she lowered her shades. She spoke with a faint, barely discernable accent but he still picked it up. Her tone was fatally y. 

What caught his attention was her eyes. Her eyes were well-lined in charcoal black that defined her gorgeous black-brown orbs. They looked like a cat, undeniably sensual.  

"That won't be fair would it, Miss?" he replied, widening his eyes a little at her appearance. 

"I go by the name of CL, or Lee Chaerin. Well, then what do you want to do? I don't fancy being late on the first day of school."  she replied, eyeing him. 

"First day? Something about luck? Um... Scissors paper Stone?" he replied, scratching his neck sheepishly. 

She found him cute, adorable and overflowing with swag and iness but she would reserve judgment for now. 

"I'm a transfer student, hon. Sure, why not."

She won, but they both got detention for being late. 

From then on, there were no more Bentley's and Lamborghini's. 

It was always either or. 

They became best friends, sticking through thick and thin; through schools, college, universities, good and bad...

It came as no surprise that they both now work in the same company under the same jobs. 

They were best friends, after all. 

 

*************************************************************

 They were just besties, fated to be. They have been arguing over toys,games, CD's (they had the same taste), clothes (they had the same taste), accessories (they had the same taste), idols etc and have been sharing the same things between them for as long as anyone can remember. 

They were inseparable, and one came with another. 

Lee Chaerin & Kwon Jiyong

CL & GD

Ciel & Dragon 

The sky and its dragon. 

 

************************************************************

He pushes open the door with his free hand, the other still entwined between his fingers as she replied to whatever he had asked earlier. "Yah, HunChae, see? We're 5 minutes early!" he crowed triumphantly as she couldn't help but giggle at his antics, and responded by childishly sticking her tongue back at him as they headed for the elevators. 

"Hunchae you are so cute~" he giggled as he reached out and squeezed her cheeks together.

She slapped at his hands harshly and he released her, muffling a squeal in pain. 

"Yah Oppa!" she frowned at him as the elevator arrived and they walked in hand-in-hand. 

The receptionist smiled at them knowingly: The two were acting like a couple that they were bets pending on when they would really become a couple. 

But they always said they were but best friends. 

************************************************************************

 

'Jingyo, where would we be going for lunch today?' She asks in the comfortable silence of the elevator.
 
It was only the two of them, enclosed between the four glass walls. 'Mmm... HunChae, I'd take a rain check on that? I've got a date today.' He looks at her apologetically as he plays with her fingers. Ignoring the slight tightening of her heart, she forced her tone to be light and playful as she smirked, 'Ooh, date? Who?' 
 
'It's a blind date, pabo! She seems nice, kind and innocent and pretty~' he replies, his eyes getting dreamy and happy. 
 
'Yah. Don't forget to be a perfect gentlemen!' She stuck her tongue out at him as he released their entwined fingers. She already misses the warmth as she felt the elevator slid to a smooth halt on the 7th floor.
 
'It's my stop. Annyeong HunChae. See you tonight~ don't over work okay?' 
 
He stepped out of the lift as he waves, and she waves back. 
 
He blew a kiss at her but the elevator's doors were already shutting.
 
'Oh she's nice, she's kind, innocent too. She's probably pretty, the right one for you. So just forget me, I'm only a friend. Though I'll be with you until the end.'  She whispers as the elevator slides shut with mind-numbing finality. 
 
****************************************************************
 
A/N: Little Insight on their life. Subscribe and Comment! <3 
and a new chapter will be coming soon !!! :)