"Pain is beautiful"

Between Hello and Goodbye is I Love You

I wrapped my arms around his waist as tight as I could. With all the strength I had left I pulled the both of us back.
We fell roughly on our backs, as soon as my back and spine hit that division line between the concrete side walk and grass, I bared with the pain.

The suicidal maniac that I held in my arms, I pushed to the ground. I got on top of him and grabbed a hold of his shoulders.
I couldn't even begin to speak. What did he have to suicide over? Why?

My eyes laid on top of the stupid piece of human under neath me. 
I wanted to slap him, I wanted too, but even if I did, it seems the old Jeongmin wouldn't come back.

If I were to call him names, he wouldn't fight back.

We were both soaking wet, the rain didn't seem like it was going to lighten up.
As I looked at him once more, his eyes seemed hollow, his mind was some where else.

The grip I had on his shoulders tightened even more.

"Jeongmin....why?" I began.

The thunder howled in the gray sky, the rain seemed to pour down even more. 

"Jeongmin answer me!" I yelled once more, even shaking him even harder.

The only response he gave me was turning his head to the side, avoiding my face.
He felt souless to me, my fingers could feel a heart beat, but no love?

No emotion.

No feeling.

"Jeongmin please.." I begged. 
I tried, I tried my hardest not to cry, but I couldn't help it.

My tears started to fall with the rain that fell upon us.
The cold, wet, sorrowful situation we were in was miserable.

But Jeongmin, what happened, why would you do this?

Why won't you answer me?

But enough was enough, if he wasn't going to answer me, I'd force it out of him.


"Jeongmin! You ! How could you do this! What were you thinking! Did you even stop to think about your family? What about Hyunseong, what about your friends, your dreams your---"

As I cried even harder, my grasp became weak.

"What family.........?" Jeongmin spoke softly.

My eyes opened, before I could say anything, he continued.

"What friends?............ I have ...no...one...it's just me and Hyunseong."
He sat up and gently pushed me off to stand up.
I looked up at him.

The sad prince that stood before me, slowly looked up at the sky.

"My parents....are gone......my relatives are gone, my friends aren't all true, and my brother and I just live in a big house....alone.
The one person that I loved the most, was taken away from me. The two most important people were taken from me. Now I have one, but he's never home.
My life, I've been praised, admired, loved by many, but..."  He clenched his fist, a grip too tight it started to seep blood.
"Those people have only loved me for my looks or the money I have, no one has ever loved me for me. Except her.....she was the one who mended my cold heart. She was the one who loved me for me." 

He gave a painful look and then address his atention to me.

I tried to stand up to say something but.
"Why did you save me! I could have finally been with her!" He yelled.

He looked so scary, his voice, the sorrow and anger all in one voice.

"Jeongmin..." Was all I could manage to say.

"You idiot! You always get in the way. I was fine until you showed up! Why can't you just leave me alone to dissapear!" He yelled even louder.

His voice was just as loud as the thunder.

"You're the idiot! How dare you! You selfish jerk! Did you even start to think about the people who love you! How would they feel! What about your friends?"

"I don't have any." He replied with anger.

"What about Hyunseong? He's your brother. Your only big brother. You act as if he would be okay if you left this world. He lost his parents too you know. He lost his relatives as well, all he has is you. How do you think he would feel if he lost his little brother? Then he'd have no one."

Jeongmin began to soften up a bit.

"He has your sister, he'll be fine..."

"But he'd have no family.......family is so important to have Jeongmin. Sure he's happy with my sister, but you're the most important person to him. You're his sweet loving brother, whom he loves a lot. Sure he may never be around, but he tries."

Jeongmin shook his head.

"I'm only a burden to him....besides him.....no one really cares for me. Ever----"

I charged at him. I pushed him down as hard as I could to the ground. 
As soon as I heard a thump from his back smashing down onto the grass I took his shirt and pulled him up.

"You listen to me and you listen good you selfish !" 

I yelled as loud a I could with the tears streaming from my eyes, as they were washed away by the rain.

"I CARE!" I looked deep into his eyes, making sure he got the message.

"I CARE YOU IDIOT! If I didn't care, I would have just left you jump off that rail and fall to your death, If I didn't care, I wouldn't have even ran after you, you know I was worried to death about you because we couldn't find you this morning!" 

I cried even more.

"Jeongmin......I care about you.........alot okay." I was losing my mind.

The words I said, the words that came out of my mouth weren't exactly coming from my head.

But from some where else.

"Jeongmin.....please don't..."

I gently let go of his shirt and hugged him instead.

Hugging and crying into the soaking wet clothes of his.

Begging and hoping he'll come to his senses.

"Jeongmin.....I.....I---"