Chapter 4

Cinderella Twist

Changmin felt weird.

His fairy godmother, Sooyoung, was being distant after he got home from dating Sulli. He tried to be friendly, but she retorted back. 

"Look, if you could just tell me what is wrong, I'll fix it!" Changmin pleaded. Sooyoung huffed. 

"Nothing is wrong, okay! I am just tired." she replied. 

Changmin knew she was lying. Her eyes were full of anger, not tired. Changmin grabbed both of her shoulders. 

"Look, I am your godchild. You better tell me what is going on!" Changmin pleaded again. Sooyoung roughly freed herself and flew out from the room. Changmin panicked. What if other people saw her? Oh wait, she is only visible to his eyes. Changmin ran as he followed her until he was outside of the house. 

"Sooyoung?" He timidly called out. He heard noises from the roof. He looked up, and saw Sooyoung perched on the roof, right beside the chimney. "Sooyoung!" He called out. Sooyoung heard him, but she made no notice. Changmin fidgeted. He had to find a way to go up there. 

"Sooyoung! I wish I was on the roof, right beside you!" Changmin wished. Sooyoung wanted to protest, but her job as a fairy godmother to him, she had to oblige. Before he know it, Changmin was sitting beside Sooyoung. 

"What do you want?" She asked. Changmin furrowed his eyebrows. 

"Why are you being so distant and acting weirdly at me? I mean, we were fine the last time!" Changmin asked. Sooyoung looked elsewhere. 

"No reason."she stated. Changmin didn't believe it. 

"Please tell me." He begged as he grasped her shoulder and made her face him. Sooyoung looked into the eyes of her godchild. Her godchild that she somehow fell in love with. She sighed. "Don't make me wish for you to tell me." Changmin threatened. 

"Okay," She breathed out. Changmin leaned in, ready to listen. "Look, I would have to leave you when.." She bit her lip. 

"You would have to leave me? Why?" Changmin asked in disbelief. Sooyoung laughed a little. 

"Duh, I can't stay by your side until you're old. That's insane!" She said. 

"Okay, when will you have to leave me?" He asked again. Sooyoung looked at him. 

"I would have to leave you, when you kiss the girl of your dreams. Then you will be infinitely happy and I would have to leave." Sooyoung finished. Changmin looked at her in shock. "So this means, you have to kiss Sulli for me to leave you." She ended with a bitter smile. 

"But.." Changmin was baffled. "But.. I want you to keep being with me.. and I want to make Sulli happy too.." He said. Sooyoung bitterly smiled and gently squeezed his shoulders. 

"Well, you should pick Sulli then. She could make you happy, while I just make you feel worried, like now." She said. Changmin faked a smile. 

"Well, I think I should just keep my relationship with Sulli a bit slow if I want you to linger around for a while.." He said. Sooyoung slapped his shoulders. 

"Sure, but won't Sulli be mad? What if she dumps you?"

"Then you would be with me forever.." Changmin joked. Inside, Sooyoung was happy, but she can't show it. Instead, she put on a disgusted face. 

"Ew, no way." She said. They both laughed as they joked around. When deciding it was late enough, they went back into Changmin's room and fell into a deep sleep. 

 

"Changmin oppa, Changmin oppa, wake up!" Sulli waked Changmin excitedly. Changmin's eyes snapped open when Sulli woken him up. What? How did she get in here? He casted a look on Sooyoung who smiled. 

"Ah, Sulli? Who let you in here?" He asked groggily. 

"Well, the front door was wide open, and the door here is also wide open. I thought you might be robbed or something. But I see it is all safe." Sulli explained. 

'Sooyoung must have opened it,' Thought Changmin. He smiled at Sulli. 

"Oh my, I'm still in my pyjamas. Um, could you wait in the living room? Let me go take a quick shower and change." Changmin asked. Sulli nodded and skipped to the living room. 

"So, how do you like Sulli waking you up?" Sooyoung asked. 

"Do you want to leave me?" Changmin hissed. 

"No."

"Then?"

"I don't want to see you get dumped  either. " Sooyoung said. "Now go and shower!"

"I wished I was showered and wearing better clothes." He wished. Sooyoung smirked as she granted them. 

"Nice, you are getting used to this wishing stuff." Sooyoung said. Changmin smiled. 

"Now I wish I had a tray of snacks." Changmin said. Sooyoung poofed the snacks and Changmin plastered on a smile before walking out to meet Sulli. 

"Oh, Changmin oppa? Done already? And you made snacks." Sulli asked, clearly surprised. Changmin smiled. 

"I shower fast." He said. They sat down and started talking. Sooyoung just looked them at the gap of his room. Her heart ached as she watched Sulli wiped crumbs of Changmin's lips. Her heart felt like it was stomped on when she saw Changmin and Sulli laugh.

"Ah, oppa. Can we go? I want to show you this special place!" Sulli asked excitedly. Changmin nodded. 

"Sure." They went outside. When Changmin passed his room, he bade goodbye to Sooyoung and continued his walk with Sulli. 

"We'll take the bus to this place." Sulli said excitedly. Changmin just nodded and followed his girlfriend. 

They took a bus and stopped at a place before getting on another. The journey on the second bus took 1 hour. And when they reached the stop, they ate lunch together and then jumped on another bus. The journey took 2 hours, and when they reached the place mentioned, the sky was already orangy red. 

What Changmin didn't know that Sooyoung was tailing him since he left the house. She made herself visible to no one and followed Changmin. She stopped when the couple reached a beach. 

"A beach?" Changmin asked, completely confused. Sulli smiled. 

"Yes. I like comming here. It's nice." She said happily. They walked on the beach, hand in hand as the joked around, kicked sand and splash water. When the sun was about to set, they climbed on the metal fence, leaning to eachother while watching the sunset. 

Sooyoung felt her heart ache. Surely this is the time that Sulli finally kissed Changmin. Sooyoung turned and walked away, not bothering to fly even though she has wings. She somehow made herself visible for everyone to see, but no one seems to notice her. 

"I love it here." Changmin said as he chuckled. Sulli smiled as she cuddled closer to Changmin. 

"Hmm, I love it here too. It was my favourite place." She said. "My mother showed me here when I was 10. We've been comming here every summer break ever since."

"But it's not summer."

"Exactly. That's why I went here, when it is spring with you." Sulli said as she gazed lovingly in Changmin's eyes. 

"Wah, look at the sunset! It is really pretty!" Changmin said as he gawked at the picture perfect scene. 

"Yep. It is the most prettiest scenery ever." She said. 

"Have you... you know, been here with Yoochun before?" Changmin asked. 

"No. Your stepbrother didn't like sceneries and doesn't appreciates it. I have never brought a male over here, except my family before."

"So, I am your first?"

"Yes. That's because you are so special to me." Sulli said cheekily before snuggling closer to Changmin. Changmin smiled, clearly touched. 

Sooyoung who looked in the distance, felt her eyes water. She made herself visible to no one again as she fell on her knees and sobbed as she watched the happy couple. 

"Why Changmin.. why?" She whispered through her sobs. She held her chest. "It hurts... right here..." She said. Her heart felt betrayed and angry. So much for wanting to keep her lingering for a while. So much for staying by his side forever. Sure, it was a joke to Changmin. But it felt so real and like a promise to Sooyoung. 

"Oppa... you feel so warm.." Sulli said as she snuggled closer to Changmin, bringing her arms to wrap around Changmin's waist while Changmin did the same. 

"Hmm, and you feel so cold." He joked. Sulli chuckled. She looked up to Changmin's eyes, as if she was asking for something. 

"Oppa..."

"Hmm?"

"Would you give me something? Something that Yoochun never gave me?"

"If you are asking for a Prada, Loius Vuitton or Gucci bag, no, I also can't buy you those."

"No, not that.."

"Oh, so you want jewelry? Nope, my pockets are practically empty." Changmin joked. Sulli smiled as she playfully slapped his back. 

"No, not that also."

"Oh, so you want food? Chocolate? What, Ferero Roche? Godiva? No, my pockets can't handle those expensive chocolates." Changmin said again. 

"No oppa! Shesh! And I don't really like chocolate.." Changmin raised and eyebrow. 

"Really? But you are getting chubby. You must have eaten something.." Changmin said in disbelief.

"Oppa! I am not getting fat!" Sulli argued back lovingly. 

"No, you look 2% fatter when we both started dating. I told you to go easy on the spaghetti and the lamb chop yesterday on our dinner." Changmin said again. Sulli slapped him and pouted. 

Sooyoung watched from afar as the couple played around, joking, slapping, hugging, saying beautiful and sweet nothings in each other's ears. It was just a matter of time before they would kiss. 

And she was right. 

Sulli looked straight into Changmin's eyes as he looked back. They leaned in each other, lips almost touching. 

Changmin glanced back. 

And he saw Sooyoung watching him painfully. 

"I love you Changmin. Bye.." 

He heard the broken hearted whisper. His senses snapped open just before Sulli's lips almost touched his. 

"oppa?" She asked, clearly confused. Changmin jumped off the ledge. 

"I'm sorry Sulli. But I have to go!" He said quickly and ran towards where he saw Sooyoung. 

"Oppa!" He heard his name being called by Sulli, but ignored it. 

"Sooyoung, I'm sorry. I now know.. that I only love you now." He said under his breath as he fanticly searched for his fairy godmother.