Chapter 2

Cinderella Twist

Changmin woke up and blinked. His alarm clock was silent, but the windows made the sunshine into the room so bright. 

"OH CRAP I AM LATE!" He said when he looked at the clock. 8:30 a.m. He quickly changed into better clothes as he dashed upstairs, wanting to wake up his stepmother. He carefully pushed the door open, and was surprised to see the bed prefectly made and no sign of stepmother. 

"Hello, Changmin."

The voice literally made him jump. He turned around, praying it wasn't that certain someone... but as usual, he was wrong. It was that certain someone. His stepmother bulged her eyes at him. 

"I told you at 8! Thank god I woke up by myself of my poor Yunho would miss his bus!" She said. "Now, I need to go for my spa and manicure, but I came back to give you your punishment."

Please beaten. Please beathen, he silently prayed. 

"Give me your hand." She instructed. Silently, Changmin cheered. "Wait, I'll just do this all over your body like I did before." She said, changing her mind. Changmin shut his eyes tightly and waited for the impact to come. 

BAM

There on his head. 

BAM

There on his neck

BAM 

There on his shoulders 

BAM 

There on his arms. 

BAM

There on his hips

BAM 

There on his legs

BAM

There on his back

Changmin just whinned in pain as his stepmother beated him with a cane. At least he wouldn't starve, right?

"And you can't eat today." Darn it. 

Changmin just held his breath until his stepmother allowed him to leave. He made a mad dash towards his room and locked the door. No, he told himself. He won't cry like some sick girl. He told himself, he was a man. He was a freaking man, for crying out loud. He won't cry. 

He is just a loser. A tear slipped his eye. He quickly wiped it off. He was a man, he repeated. He was a man. But still, he is still a human being with feelings, so he couldn't help it. He burried his face into the his pillow as truck full of sobs escaped his eyes. 

"I thought you were a boy. But I guess not." A voice said. 

Changmin sniffed as he whirled his head, and saw a very pretty lady perced on the pile of boxes at the corner of his room. She was only wearing a white knee length dress and she was barefoot. Her flawless skin and big eyes were mesmerizing. Her soft black hair waved down her head to her hips as he looked at Changmin. 

"Excuse me?"

"Excuse yourself. You are a man and you are currently crying. Oh god, please wipe that snot of your face. It is just disgusting." Her face wrinkled in disgust looking at Changmin. Changmin sniffed again as he grabbed some tissues and wiped clean his nose. 

"Who are you? And what are you doing in my room?" He demanded. The lady wrinkled her nose. 

"You call this a room?" Her head looked up and scanned the room. "Ew, you , man. Living under a staircase." She said and tsked. Changmin was dumbfounded. 

"I asked who you are!" he demanded again. 

"Oh, me?" She asked while she puts a hand over her chest. "Me? I am Choi Sooyoung. Your..." She tried to retrain herself. Changmin's curiosity perked up. 

"My what?"

"Your..." She bit her lip. "...fairy godmother." She finished as she looked up to see his response. 

"My who and what now?" Changmin wasn't sure he heard right. Maybe his stepmother hit him too hard on the head until he was hearing and seeing things. Sooyoung rolled her eyes. 

"Your fairy godmother." She repeated. Changmin can't help it. 

He fell of the bed, laughing while clutching his stomach. Sooyoung got up and placed her hands on her hips. Changmin literally wiped away his tears that was forming because he laughed so hard. 

"Really, you don't believe me, don't you?" Sooyoung asked. 

"No, no I don't. Sorry." Changmin cheekily apologized. "It was good laugh, though." Changmin said again. Sooyoung snapped her fingers, and a pair of wings began to form other back. Changmin's laugh died when he saw the phenomenon. Sooyoung smirked when she saw his reaction. 

"Still don't believe me now?" She asked. Changmin's jaw dropped as Sooyoung pinched a strand of thread from her dress and that thread transformed into something hard.

"What is that?" Changmin innocently asked. 

"Duh, stupid. It's a magic wand. Haven't you seen any before? And to think you are a Harry Potter fan." She said and tsked. Changmin rubbed he eyes as he lay back down and pulled his covers till it covered his head.

"This is just a dream. Stepmother hit me too hard. Now when I wake up, everything would be back to normal" he mumbled to himself. Sooyoung rolled her eyes as she made her way back to him. She pulled the covers, and sw Changmin under them was shutting his eyes tightly and muttering something under his breath.

"Yah! Pabo! Get up and do some wishing!" Sooyoung said as she yanked the covers off Changmin till it fell to the floor. Changmin opened his eyes and sighed.

"you are still here..." He mumbled.

"Of course I'm still here! Duuhh!" She thwacked her knuckles on Changmin's head. 

"Yah! What was that for?"

"For being stupid!" She retorted. Changmin jumped off the bed, forgetting that his body was still sore from the beatings.

"Who are you to call me stupid? I didn't even wish or want you here!" He wailed.

"Like I wanted to be a fairy godmother to an eighteen year old. No thank you, mister!" She said. Both of them could just breath angrily at each other while trying to kill the other with invisible daggers. Sooyoung retreated and raised her hands up.

"Okay fine! I can't fight you cause we can't disobey godchild's orders." Sooyoung said in defeat. "But, there are a few rules." She stated.

"What?"

"You cant request my magic to be used to hurt people. And, I can't make anyone fall in love too. So, there you have it." She said. Changmin scratched his head.

"Um, what now?" He asked as he slumped back on to his bed. Sooyoung smirked as she leaned in.

"Tell me your wish."

 

"Where's Changmin?" Sulli asked when she sat on Yoochun's bed. He rolled his eyes.

"You mean my servant?"

"I mean, you stepbrother." She said. Yoochun flopped on his chair.

"I don't care what he does and where he goes. He is just a burden to carry by my mom." He said lazily while looking at his girlfriend. " Why do you even care about him, anyways?" 

"Oh no, just wondering." Sulli answered. Yoochun nodded. They started talking, and in the midst, arguing. Yoochun wanted this, but Sulli thinks differently. They were exact opposites.

"Look,if you want that, buy it yourself!" Yoochun said as he grunted. Sulli huffed as she sat back on the bed. Yoochun felt a little hungry, so he called Changmin to bring in some snacks.

"Thank you, Changmin-sshi." Sulli said politely to thank Changmin for bringing the snacks in. Changmin nervously smiled as he offered her a sandwich. Yoochun just huffed. While Changmin was bending over to adjust the snacks tray, Yoochun grabbed his shoulder and turned him around. Changmin was holding a cup of tea, and accidently spilled it over on Yoochun.

"Yah! What the hell?" Yoochun spat when his shirt got stained. Changmin's eyes widened. 

"Hyung, m-mianhae." He stammered. Yoochun's eyes grew dark with anger. Withought thinking, he gabbed his glass piggy bank and slammed it on Changmin's head. The glass shattered and the heavy coins fell from his head. Sulli stared in shock at what his boyfriend did.

"Yoochun!" She angrily exclaimed. Changmin felt his eyesight getting blurry as he felt something trickling down his forehead. He felt it with hisnfingers, and almost out at the sight of the blood. "Changmin-sshi, are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm fine... Just..." He muttered as he staggered back downstairs to his room. Sulli took one more look at her boyfriend in disgust.

"That's it, Yoochun! We are over!" She spat as she grabbed her purse and and stormed out of the room, trying to find Changmin, yet didn't notice the door below the staircase. When she can't find him, she sauntered out of the house, leaving Yoochun behind.

 

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Sooyoung was shocked when she saw Changmin stagger in the room with blood trickling down his head.

"I'm.... F-fine..." He said weakly. Sooyoung pushed him to sit on the bed as she tapped her wand three times on his head. The wound slowly closed, but it was still there.

"Damn. I knew I should have taken healing classes seriously." She said. She wiped the blood off Changmin's head. "Stay strong." She whispered to Changmin before he out.

 

Changmin groaned as he blined his eyes open. All he saw was a blurry sight of a pretty woman. 

"You awake yet?" 

Changmin's eyes fluttered open when he heard the voice. 

"mhmmm..." He muttered. Sooyoung breathed a sigh of relief. 

"Its a good thing you are okay." She breathed out. Changmin looked at her and blinked. 

"Who are you again?"

"I am Sooyoung, your fairy godmother." She said. 

"Ahhh.." Changmin nodded. He pointed at her. " i remember you.." He said. His head was still fuzzy. "Wait, is my stepmother home?" He asked, panicked. 

"Nope. You out and came after 5 hours. " Sooyoung said and looked away. They heard doors rattle. Changmin's eyes widened. 

"Oh no! She's back!" He said. He grabbed Sooyoung's shoulders. "Quick, hide!"

"Changmin." The voice said as her stepmother barged in. Changmin eyes Sooyoung worriedly while Sooyoung just relaxed. "Changmin, make me and Yunho dinner. Yoochun is out somewhere, so don't bother him. I'll be upstairs." His stepmother said and slammed the door back in place.

"Wait, she didn't see you?" Changmin asked, clearly confused. Sooyoung chuckled. 

"I am only visible to your eyes, Changmin. Relax."

"Oh.." Changmin said as he went out, Sooyoung following him behind. 

"Hyung! Look! I bought you a t-shirt!" Yunho trampled over Changmin, waving a shirt in front of him. 

"Really? Aww, thank you Yunho." Changmin thanked the boy, clearly touched. "Now go and play or watch tv. Hyung needs to make dinner." Changmin said softly. Yunho cutely nodded as he ran to the living room. Sooyoung gawked at the cute child. 

"Aww, he is so cute!" Sooyoung squealed. Changmin rolled his eyes. 

"Sure... Darn! I forgot to buy ingredients!" Changmin hit himself when he found that the refirgerator was empty. Sooyoung rolled her eyes. 

"Dude, fairy godmother, magic wand, unlimitted wishes here?!?" She said and pointed to herself. Changmin scratched his head. 

"Okay.. umm.. I wish I had carrots...?" Poof, carrots appeard. Changmin eyes widened.

"So you are real!" He gasped. Sooyoung poked his hips. 

"Duhh, genius! Why don't you wish for food instead? think logic.." Sooyoung said. 

"Oh right, I wish for.."

That night, Changmin wished for food, and Sooyoung happily obliged. When Changmin callled his step family, his stepmother was impressed by the cooking, but never admitted it while Yunho had seconds. When all was done, Changmin walked tiredly towards his bedroom. He slumped down on his bed, wished that he was changed into his pyjamas and looked at Sooyoung.

"Sooyoung..."

"Yes?"

"Thanks."

"Whatever. Just go to sleep, Changmin." Sooyoung said as she rolled her eyes. Changmin looked at her. 

"But, how will you sleep?" He asked. Sooyoung raised an eyebrow.

"Me? I sleep like this." Sooyoung said as she flew to a hanging wooden pole and leaned her head on it. 

"Okay." Changmin shrugged. "Night, Sooyoung."

"Night."

"I am thankful that-"

"Just go and get your freaking sleep already!" Sooyoung snapped. 

"Okay, shesh." Changmin muttered before he drifted into a sleep.