Chapter 1

Cinderella Twist

Changmin yawned as he looked at the sink. Dishes to do, and he was tired. He was also tired with his life. Everyday the same thing and the same chores. 

Wash the dishes

Sweep the living room.

Dust the fireplace.

Scrub the stairs.

Wipe the windows. 

And blah blah blah. 

All he could be thankful is that the house isn't that big. If it was, he could have fainted, now and there. He felt a tap on his shoulders. He whirled around and saw his younger stepbrother, Yunho. 

"Um, hyung... the apples.." he mumbled. 

"What about it?" Changmin asked lazily as he used the broom he was holding to support his tired body. Yunho fidgeted at his rough voice as he played with his fingers for a while. 

"Well, the apples.." He started again. "...it's finished.." He said. Changmin sighed. He patted the 11 year old boy's shoulders. 

"Arasso. Hyung will buy it more tomorrow, okay?" Yunho's face lit up. He thanked Changmin and bade goodnight as he ran back upstairs. 

Unlike Yunho, his older brother, Yoochun, was not a 'friendly' type. He is rough with him and always rude. Never said nice things, and never gave nice chores, either. Changmin do this, and Changmin wipe my shoes, clean my shirt, wash my tie, and all sorts of crap like that. 

But Changmin could never argue. He was lucky that his stepmother still accepts him in the house after his father abonded him when he was five. Still, she didn't give him an easy life. When Changmin found him voice to speak up, all her answer was:

"This is a punishment for what your low and stupid father did to me."

Sure, it was all Changmin's fault to carry. Who even asked the woman to love a drunk and drug addict guy like his father? Nope, not him. He can't either disobey or run away. 

Can't disobey because if he did, it will just increase the chores list. If he runs away, where would he crash into? He has no money, let alone a place to stay. He could just toughen up a bit by the chores and tortures. Sometimes, he felt like he was a male version of Cinderella, but then slapped himself for thinking nonsense. 

"Yah! Changmin!"

Changmin snapped out of his daze when Yoochun called him. Changmin tossed the broom away as he hurried towards his hyung's room. 

"Yes, hyung?" Yoochun snorted. 

"Sulli is comming tomorrow. Make sure not to make googly eyes at my girlfriend again. If I catch you touching her again, you will be so toast." Yoochun said arrogantly. He adjusted his hair in the mirror. "Anyways, I am going out. See you, dirt." Yoochun said as he left the room. Changmin sighed again for the uptenth time that night. 

Sure, he liked Sulli. A lot. 

And Sulli was taking a little interest in him too. Well, better little than nothing, right? Too bad Sulli already beloned to his brother. Stepbrother. Changmin dragged his body towards the kitchen to do the dishes. 

"What a sad life i live.." Changmin muttered to himself while he scrubbed the plates. 

"You don't say." A voice sounded. Changmin whirled around and saw his stepmother. 

"Ah, Mother! I didn't notice you were there." He stammered. His stepmother rolled her eyes. 

"I don't care. Just make sure you wake me up early tomorrow. I need to send Yunho to his field trip and then get my spa and manicure." She said. Changmin just nodded like a bobble head chinaman. "Remember, Changmin. 8 a.m . Sharp. If you are late.." She didn't fininsh her sentence. 

Changmin gulped. It wasn't necessary for his stepmother to explain what would happen if he was late. He would probably be beaten up or starve for one day. 

Honestly, Changmin would rather be beaten up than starve. That was just Changmin's opinion anyways. 

He watched as his stepmother stepped out of the kitchen and upstairs towards her room. Changmin quickly finished the remaining dishes and dashed to his room. 

No, it wasn't on the attic like a normal Cinderella would live. 

And no, it wasn't at the same level as his step family. 

His room is under the staircase. Harry Potter style. But at least he had a window with a pretty decent sight from the bottom. That is, if the neighbour's poodle doesn't do his buisness at the windowframe. 

Changmin switched on the lights and stepped into the small and cramped room. Although it was a bit dusty, he was happy with it. He had plenty of books to read, thanks to his late mother. His stepmother just dumped everything that she didn't want under there, so it was a pretty fun game of tresure find. 

Yes, Shim Changmin who is 18 finds tresure find still fun and quite interesting. 

He flopped onto the bed and looked at the bookshelf that over towers the bed. Someday he swore if Yoochun ever jumped on the staircase again, those shelves would fall on him and bury him alive if he was asleep. He grabbed a book from the shelves and started reading. 

You may find it weird, but Changmin still finds fairytales and dreams come true interesting. He had read every princess story the old shelves had to offer, and maybe now already mesmerised the story by heart. 

Now he was reading Lord Of The Rings. 

Yoochun once about being a nerd and all, but Changmin made no notice. He was so engrossed in the book that he didn't even notice the old grandfather clock in the living room striked twelve. Deciding it was late enough. He set his alarm clock for 7 a.m. and switched off the lights. He crawled under the sheets of his bed and looked at the window. Now that he was lying down, he could see a partial of the sky. 

He could see a star twinkling. Smiling to himself, he mentally slapped himself for believing that making a wish to a twinking star could come true nonsense is true. Nothing could never happen without hard work. 

That was Changmin's policy as he drifted into a deep slumber. 

 

 

"Choi Sooyoung!" A man called out. Sooyoung lifted her head up. 

"Yes?"

"Head Fairy wants to see you." The man, or should I say, dwarf hobbled away. Sooyoung gulped. 

Please not be about the time I accidently run over a pixie, she prayed in her head. I mean, the freaking pixie wasn't looking anyway and just crossed. 

Wasn't her fault, she told herself. No no.

She gripped her palms nervously before knocking at the door. 

"Come in.." A faint voice answered inside. Sooyoung carefully turned the knob and poked her head inside the room. The head fairy was on her table, looking rather dissapointed and frunstrated at the same time. 

"Oh, just come in child. You don't have to keep poking your head into doors, you know?" She said without even looking up from her paperwork. Sooyoung smiled sheepishly as she made her way in. 

"Yes, maam. Did you call me?" Sooyoung asked. The head fairy looked up and sighed. 

"Yes. I have a mission for you." Sooyoung's eyebrows shot up. 

"A task?" She asked excitedly. She loves her job as a fairy godmother to children. She loved granting all the ridiculous wishes and demands. She loves them. 

"Yes a task... but it is a bit complicated." The head fairy said. 

"Complicated? As in...?" Sooyoung asked, curious.

"It is a boy.." The head fairy began. Sooyoung blinked. 

"But I have been with little boys before. Nothing big or complicated, maam." Sooyoung said. She couldn't see what was the problem. So what it was a boy? It might be cute!

"But..."

"But..?" She asked, impatient. The head fairy looked at her eager brown orbs.

"Are you sure you want to this task?" She asked for comfirmation. Sooyoung nodded her head eagerly. The head fairy sighed. 

"It is a boy.. but he is.."

"He is what? Tell me, for god sake!" She begged. 

"He is.. well... eighteen..."

"WHAT?!?"