Chapter 1

The Girl with the Broken Smile

"Yah! Kim Jaehee. Stop daydreaming  and get your working!", said the manager at Sweet Confection's Bake Shop. SCBS is a bakery known throughout Seoul. They make hundreds of thousand cakes a year. Even passerbys get allured just by smelling the sweet aroma this bake shop beholds. Truly, it can make someone feel at home. 

 

"Yes...Boss.", Jaehee answered mockingly. Jaehee. She's one of the many out there who admires Sweet Confection's Bake Shop. She has worked there for 2 years now. She's already familiar with everyone and everything in the bake shop. This bake shop is practically a second home to her. 

 

"Stop it. We're working~", Manager Shin retorted in a sing-song manner. Actually, Manager Shin or Shin Yeseul is the daughter of the owner of the bake shop. She was Jaehee and Seohyun's high school buddy. One day, a worker retired from his station. Knowing Jaehee is quite hardworking, why not hire her, right? 

 

"I know~", Jaehee answered in the same manner after stealing a glance at her boss. She proceeded to wipe the counters. They were few customers coming since it was office hours and everyone should be working or studying. The people who were there were mostly secretaries or assistants in formal attire, getting coffee for their bosses. It was always like that. The two friends would joke around when the time allows them to do so. Their lives are as normal as it can be. 

 

 

 

"CNBlue! You're up in 5!", yelled a staff member. 

 

People running here and there. Cameras rolling. Coordinator noonas/unnies trying their very best. Managers assisting them in each and every schedule. Production staff trying to put the idol members in place. Tension. Pure, unadulterated tension. But it was quite normal. For them anyways...

 

Shouts, screams, squeals and shrieks bouncing off the four corners of the studio. Fangirls are going crazy. Well how can they not? CNBlue is right infront of them! CN-freaking-Blue, baby! 4 inhumanely gorgeous creatures rocking the stage: Jung Yonghwa, Lee Jonghyun, Kang Minhyuk and Lee Jungshin. Their faces are one thing. But their talents will surely leave you begging for more. 

 

With one last note to belt, one last strums of their guitar and last beat to execute, they bowed and thanked the audience for always being there for them. The usual thank you speech idols would give their fans right after they performed. Except, they mean it like no other idol does. That's another thing about them. Them and their rookie mindset. 

 

"That was a blast!", yelled Jungshin as they got backstage. The members all agreed.

 

When they got to their dressing room, they quickly found a place to sleep on. They all raced to the couch. But of course, Jonghyun, being the most athletic out of the four, got it, which left the others grumbling.

 

"Dongsaeng-ah." Yonghwa pleaded with puppy eyes. 

 

"Noooo~", Jonghyun answered playfully, eyes closed, trying to rest his mind and body. He wants nothing else than to make his hyung leave him alone. But he can't just shoo him away. No! That would be very rude. He closed his eyes even tighter, hoping that would convince his hyung, but to no avail.

 

With no choice at all, he scooched over and let his hyung rest beside him. The 2 maknaes were contented enough to sleep in the floor. Yeah, the floor's hard and they will probably have back aches after their nap. But hey, when you're tired, nothing else matters. 

 

Five minutes. Ten minutes. Twenty minutes. Twenty-five minutes. Thirty minutes has passed. A loud bang on the door rudely awoke the tired CNBlue members. Their manager barging in their room, almost out of breath. 

 

"Oh hyung.", said the ever alert Minhyuk, rubbing his eyes, trying to make the sleepiness go away. 

 

With the sound of loud, low breathing, Yonghwa suddenly got up, hitting Jonghyun square in the face. "Oh hyung? Waeyo? Our schedule's not until 6:30. It's only 3. Why the rush?" Yonghwa said.

 

"An emergency came up. We had a conflict in schedule. Mianhe. But you all would have to get up. Get ready. We're leaving for Busan." 

 

Their life has always been like this. Travel here travel there. But they like it. Love it even. To be able to share their emotions and feelings through their music. To be able to prove them wrong that they are a fake band. That's their goal. And they were very clear from the start. Nevertheless, this is the lives of an idol. Unusual

 

 

How was this for a first chapter? Please tell me what you think. I don't bite! =)