Giving Up on Someone You Love is Hard

Unexpected Love

 

Well it's safe to say the photo-shoot went well. I realized how important Jeremy's words were to me.

 

"Giving up on someone you love is really hard..." 

 

They kept running through my mind over and over again while I watched Shin Woo. Before, I thought that if he didn't feel the same, then it would be over and done with; that I would get over it and get on with my life. But no. It doesn't work like that. I guess that's why they call it a crush. It literally crushes you. Love is either wonderful or a total hell. I guess it could be both sometimes. That's how I feel, anyway. The fact that it haunts the back of my mind constantly... But whatever. I'm a man. I can deal with this stupid heartbreak. Or whatever it is.

 

I feel someone pat my shoulder, quickly snapping me out of my thoughts, and look up. It's president Ahn. He's smiling his usual smile and laughing wholeheartedly. 

 

"Tae Kyung! Why are you sulking so much? We're about to leave for out dinner party. Lighten up." He claps his hands together and laughs more while he looks from me to all the others. It seems that I'm the only one "sulking". Go Mi Nam and Jeremy are laughing with him and Shin Woo is no where in sight. Bathroom maybe? Ugh! Not that I care.

 

No matter if Shin Woo is around or not, my mind always goes back to him. God. 

 

"So where are we all going?" Mi Nam asks the President.

 

"What about that new Italian restaurant that just opened up a couple weeks ago?" Jeremy cuts in, smiling like the idiot that he is.

 

"Sounds good. Shall we g- where's Shin Woo?" President Ahn looks at me, expecting an answer. Does everyone think we're best friends or something?! I just shrug and look as disinterested as possible. Not caring is becoming harder. Geez.

 

"Is Italian food any good? I've never had any before..." Mi Nam says, rubbing the back of her neck and giggling nervously.

 

Seriously? Who hasn't eaten Italian food before?

 

"How have you not eaten Italian food before?" I raise my brow and look at her like she's insane. Although I do believe she is, anyway.

 

"Not everyone grew up with fancy clothes and money, Tae Kyung." Shin Woo walks up cooly and smiles at Mi Nam. Wow he really knows how to make me feel like an .

 

"Well since everyone's here now, let's get going, shall we?" He begins walking with the rest of the group to the company van. When we get to the van, the President sees that Shin Woo brought his own car and looks over at me.

 

"Yah, Tae Kyung. Ride with Shin Woo. Otherwise he'll be riding by himself. We want to celebrate!" He smiles and hops on in to the van. The others don't even take notice of my facial expression. No one seems to take notice of anything! Before I can even say anything, they drive off, leaving me stranded with Shin Woo as my only way of transportation. 

 

I quietly curse under my breath and sigh deeply before turning towards Shin Woo's car. He's just silently sitting there. Like he was waiting for me. Or am I just paranoid? Neither one of us say anything as we eventually drive off, too. It's silent and I can feel the tension. It doesn't take a genius to know this is awkward as hell. After about five minutes of awkward driving, I can't take it anymore. I look out to the road and notice that the van we were supposed to be following was nowhere in sight. Does Shin Woo even know where this place is?

 

"Tae Kyung, have you ever been to this restaurant?"

 

...Well that answers my question.

 

But then I realize I don't even know what restaurant we're supposed to be going to.

 

"Which one?" I ask quietly, looking out the window.

 

"You don't know the name?" I hear him sigh. "I don't know, either."

 

What! Then how are we supposed to get there?!

 

I sigh with irritation and rub my forehead. . Now what?

 

"So then what are we suppos- Oh, wait. I'll try calling." I state, quickly pulling out my phone. I'm Tae Kyung, I always have good ideas!

 

As the phone rang and rang and rang, my confidence started to dwindle. I tried calling Jeremy, Mi Nam, the President, the Manager, Coordinator Noona- no one answered. 

 

"Are they kidding?" I said with escalating irritation.

 

"They must already be there." Shin Woo stated calmly. I angrily shove my phone back into my pocket and subtly slump in the seat. They're all probably having a really great time eating their stupid Italian food without us. Ugh. I feel the car come to a stop and look around. It seems that Shin Woo pulled over. Shin Woo doesn't say anything, he only stares at the passing cars. 

 

I can't help but stare at him. I feel so transfixed by him. The night sky must be having a strange effect on me. The street lights shining down on everything while the only noise are the cars passing by. The images of the photo-shoot, the looks he gave me, the kiss... I can't forget any of it. How does a person forget those kinds of things? Especially when they won't stop playing in my head. I scoff to myself without realizing it, and it makes Shin Woo catch me staring at him. He gives me a serious, yet calm look.

 

"You.. Is staring at people considered normal to you?" He asks, almost looking like he wants to chuckle. Is he making fun of me? "You were doing it at the photo-shoot, too."

 

Oh . Oh . He's onto me again. Ah, hell. Now I have to come up with quick, lousy excuses.

 

"I wasn't staring, I was watching everyone's technique. Including yours." Technique? Good one...

 

"Is that so? How was my technique?" He doesn't even trying to hide his smile anymore. He looks rather interested. 

 

"It was...fine. Yes, it was fine." I nod, trying to get this conversation to end.

 

"How about a little detail?" He grins, keeping his eyes on me. I can't even look at him. I keep my eyes focused on something outside. Not that I care to know what it is.

 

"...Well, the way you looked at the camera, where you put your hands, you made sure you looked professional. That alone added to your attractiveness." I state calmly. Wait, did I just-

 

"Did you just call me attractive?" I swear I hear him laugh. That doesn't sit well with me. I feel like i'm being mocked. I don't like getting mocked.

 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I try to stay calm. I really do try. But when it comes to Shin Woo. Him. I can't stay my normal, collected self.

 

Shin Woo laughs and says, "I think you're just proving my point now." He has no idea what he's putting me through.

 

"And what if I did, hah?" I say louder than I meant to. So much for composure.

 

His laughing stops and I freeze. Did I just say something that I shouldn't have? Great now he's going to think I'm a freak of nature. A disgusting disgrace to society. I quickly turn my head to try and fix my mistake any way possible.

 

"Shin Woo-"

 

I'm cut off by a pair of lips hungrily locking themselves on mine. If I had any kind of composure before, I certainly don't have it now. I can't move whatsoever. It's like every inch of my body was paralyzed by this...this feeling that I can't even name or explain right now. Although I never could. My mind can't even process anything except the feeling of his lips. They just seem to fit so perfectly with mine. Everything about him is perfect. 

 

But everything has to end eventually. When Shin Woo pulls away, I can't stop staring at him. His eyes are just too mesmerizing. His own gaze doesn't leave mine, either. Even though I have so many questions going through my mind, I can't say a word.

 

'Why do you keep doing this?'

 

'Is this some kind of sick joke?'

 

'What am I to you?'

 

But I say none of it. Instead all I do is curse under my breath and quickly lean back in for another kiss. This time it's not as sweet or gentle, it's more electrifying. It sends that almost forgotten fire throughout my body. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer; albeit there's not much room in this car. We kiss harder, breath be damned. I gave up my pride a while ago. My mind is so clouded that nothing he has said has made it through. All that I can think about is this damn good kiss.

 

I part my lips in shock when I feel Shin Woo's tongue run across them. When he bites my lower lip, I have to stop myself from .

 

"Sh-Shin Woo..." I breathe against his lips. I can feel his hands roaming my back, making me shiver. By the time we pull away, we're both panting messes. Shin Woo looks away and breaks the spell I was under. I look at my hands, unsure of what else to do. The quiet spell we were under turned right back into that awkward silence again. However, the tension was twice as bad as it was before.

 

I clear my throat and speak without thinking, "You said it was a mistake."

 

He's silent for a while. The only thing he's good at his making me feel like a fool! Damn. I open my mouth to yell at him or something, but I'm unexpectedly cut off.

 

"You said you have someone you like." He fired back at me.

 

All I can do is gulp as he continues.

 

"Was that a lie? Or..." He turns his head towards me. His gaze seems to be piercing right through me. "...were you talking about me?" There is no hint of any kind of emotion on his face. No flicker of anything in his eyes. It makes my stomach twist with anxiety.

 

. I'm caught. How the hell did he manage to catch on so quickly. Oh, that was probably because I kissed him back. Twice. But he wasn't supposed to find out. How did we get here? When did exchanged glances become steamy kisses in his car?

 

"I asked first, Shin Woo." Avoid the subject. That's all I can do now.

 

"Fair enough." He says in a quiet, yet bored tone. Is he letting it go? "I wasn't planning on doing it like this."

 

"What does that mean?" I ask, utterly confused.

 

He gives me a blank stare before sighing and looking away.

 

"Tae Kyung, what would you do if that someone you liked...felt the same?" Shin Woo asked.

 

The question catches me off guard. I subconsciously run my fingers through my hair. 

 

"I don't know. I'd be happy about it." I admit.

 

"Even if you thought that person didn't feel the same, would you still confess?"

 

My heart drops and I can't help but to smile bitterly.

 

"I wouldn't. I have my pride to hang on to. And doing that would only make a damn fool out of myself."

 

"But then how would you know how they felt?"

 

I frown and glare at Shin Woo.

 

"Why are you asking me these stupid questions?"

 

He shrugs with a small smile gracing his lips. It only makes me frown more.

 

"I guess I'm just curious about the one you like." He smiles mischievously.

 

"...Why?" I ask without even thinking about it.

 

What are we doing? Playing twenty questions?!

 

His smile drops and he only stares at me. After a moment he says, "...Because I-"

 

My phone rings, making both of us jump in our seats. We stare at each other before I just give in and answer it.

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Tae Kyung, you answered! Jeremy and Go Mi Nam are drunk. Could you come and pick us all up?" I hear Manager Ma ask with a hint of desperation in his voice.

 

I roll my eyes at their idiocy. Shin Woo raises a brow in confusion.

 

"Why doesn't President Ahn take you all home?" I ask in a dull, bored tone.

 

"He had something to attend to and since he thought you and Shin Woo were coming, we could just go with you. ...Where are you two anyway?"

 

I quickly come up with an excuse.

 

"I didn't feel like going so we drove back." I sigh, refusing to look at Shin Woo. I know he's probably holding in another laugh. A couple seconds later I do hear a chuckle. Figures.

 

"Okay, well do you know where this place is?" Manager Ma asks and when I told him to tell me the directions anyways, he did. Now I know where that restaurant is. "Thank yo- Oh, Mi Nam wants to say something." 

 

I hear him hand the phone to her.

 

"Hyung-nim..." She slurs. Wow she really is drunk. Idiot.

 

"What."

 

"Sorry to bother y-you... I'm sure it ruined your ren- rende-... Rendezvous with Shin W-"

 

I quickly click the end button on my phone and try to act like she didn't just say that. But my eyes are wide and I'm pretty sure that Shin Woo heard.

 

"What's wrong?" I hear Shin Woo ask. Is he smiling?!

 

"N-nothing." I clear my throat and my thoughts. "We have to go pick up everyone except the president. I guess he ditched them and took the van. They're all drunk off their asses."

 

"All right." Shin Woo starts his car back up and drives off. I tell him the directions and it turns out that we aren't that far from it. After about ten minutes of driving, we arrive. As soon as we walk in to find them, I wish I just went home. Mi Nam is out cold and Jeremy is just giggling at everything. I can just smell the alcohol on them. 

 

"Thanks for picking us up, boys." Manager Ma says before walking to the car and getting in. What about the drunkards? Jeremy follows the Manager and stops by the door. He seems to be really intent on figuring the damn thing out.

 

"How do you...open this thing." Jeremy slurs, gently knocking on the car window.

 

I sigh with an already large amount if irritation on my shoulders. Shin Woo opens the door for Jeremy who thanks him to the best of his ability. Which was pretty much a "S-sanks, hyuuung.."

 

While Jeremy struggles to get in the car, I look for Mi Nam. Where'd she go? I look around and find her staring at the sky. 

 

"Go Mi Nam. Get in the car." I called after her, but she doesn't hear me. I'm glad there's lights around, otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk over to her. 

 

Again I state. "Get in the car."

 

"I caaan't." She giggles. "I'm looking at the stars.. They're very bright tonight." She smiles up at the sky at something I can't see. I shrug and grab her arm. It's not like I'm missing out on anything. They're just stars.

 

"Come on already." I sigh and pull her with me as I walk back to the Shin Woo's car. 

 

Once Go Mi Nam was in the car next to Jeremy and Manager Ma, I sat myself back in the passengers seat next to Shin Woo. He seemed tired. It was late after all. I stifled a yawn and buckled in. The car ride is silent, save for the soft snores from behind me. At least it wasn't as awkward as it was before. We finally arrive to our destination, no one moves. Well, no one meaning me nor Shin Woo. Everyone else was out cold. 

 

I wish I was asleep, too. It would save us all from the sudden tension in the air.

 

Without thinking, I ask, "Shin Woo... I don't think I ever asked you. Do you have someone you love?" Out of the corner of my eye, I see him flinch. But why?

 

"...I do." He says with a sigh.

 

After thinking for a moment, I ask, "Is it Mi Nam?" It would make sense. The way he always smiles at the girl would be a dead giveaway. But why would he kiss me? If he has someone he likes, too, why would he do that? I frown to myself, trying to make sense of my weird thoughts.

 

"Tae Kyung, did you really just ask me that?" Is that irritation on Shin Woo's face?

 

Am I wrong?

 

My silence makes him chuckle.

 

"For someone as smart as you, you're very dense." What does that mean...?

 

"I'm not dense, I'm just asking a simple question. Sorry I don't know about your personal love life." I smile sarcastically and frown right after. 

 

He chuckles again. "Don't worry, though. I'll tell you one day." With that, he steps out of his car and walks into our building. I huff and slump into my seat, feeling really lost. I, Tae Kyung, am the only one who doesn't understand something. I hate this feeling more than anything else.

 

When I hear a snore, I realize Shin Woo just left them all for me to deal with.

 

"Damn you, Shin Woo..."

 

I hear Mi Nam giggle quietly and continue snoring.

~~~~

Reviews are loved! Tell me what you think. :3