In Denial?

Unexpected Love

 

In Denial?
 
I'm at a nearby cafe... And I realize ever since I left I've been thinking about Shin Woo. Why? I still can't figure it out.
Grumbling to myself, I sip on my coffee and glare out the window.
 
"This is all Jeremy's fault. If he didn't lose Jolie, then none of this would have happened." I half-smirked to myself, pleased that I had some sort of lame excuse for an answer.
 
I drink the rest of my coffee and sigh. What do I do now? I want to go home and rest, but I don't want to be around...him.
 
In the end, I decide to go home. It's not like I HAVE to be around the,. I can just go straight to my room.
 
And that's exactly what I do. I drop my keys into the bowl next to the front door and slowly make my way to my bedroom. I try my best to avoid running into anyone. I manage to get to my room and shut the door without being caught. Sighing, I plop uncharacteristically onto my sofa and hold my head in my hands. That seems to becoming a habit lately...
 
It can't keep going on like this. Seriously. If my actions aren't obvious enough, I don't know WHAT is. Ugh.
 
I'm so lost in my own thoughts that I barely register the knocking at my door.
 
"What." I reply to the knock, not moving an inch.
"Hyung-nim..." Go Mi Nam answers, opening my door.
"Can't you see that I don't want to be disturbed?"
"Hyung-nim...I think you should apologize to Jeremy..." She says, moving into my bedroom fully and shutting the door behind her.
"And why should I do that?" I ask sarcastically.
"He's really...down...because of what you did earlier."
 
I look at her like she's insane.
 
"Please, Hyung-nim? I wish for Jeremy to go back to the fun, happy, bubbly Jeremy."
Bubbly?
"Tch, you seem to really care." I scoff. "You like him?" I ask with mild amusement.
To my astonishment, she nods and quickly makes her way to the door again.
"So please go and apologize, Hyung-nim!" She says before shutting the door behind her.
 
I didn't even register what she said, Hell, I didn't even know my eyes were as wide as they were.
 
Go Mi Nam likes Jeremy? Seriously?
This week is just getting weirder and weirder. If Go Mi Nam likes Jeremy, then who does Jeremy like? More importantly, does Shin Woo like anyone? Wait, why is that more important. I shouldn't care who Shin Woo likes. I should care who ANYONE likes!
 
Ugh, I'm just going to do as Go Mi Nam says. Maybe that will get my mind off of everything else. 
 
I walk out of my bedroom and head directly to Jeremy's. I open the door and hear a shout.
"H-Hyung!"
I blinked and realized that I just walked in on Jeremy changing. Oops.
"Ah- Sorry." I quickly shut the door and walk some doors down.
 
What is this? "Walk in on everyone changing week"? Damn this isn't right. Well, at least I haven't walked in on Go Mi Nam changing. That would just make me a ert. 
 
Then suddenly it hits me. I feel fine. ...I feel completely fine. Even though I just walked in on Jeremy changing. I don't feel that...funny, to say the least, feeling I got from Shin Woo. I feel fine, although a bit awkward, but still. No burning sensations in the pit of my stomach. No feeling weird at the thought of him... So what does this mean? It's just Shin Woo? Why? What even is this feeling?
Augh, I wish I could figure it out...!
 
I turn my head and suddenly lock eyes with Shin Woo. How long has he been standing there? We stare at each other for a while, my pride not letting me turn away and run.
 
"You needed something with Go Mi Nam?" He asks.
 
I turn around and, sure enough, I'm standing in front of Go Mi Nam's bedroom.
 
"Ah- Yes. I need to tell her something." I state, trying to be nonchalant.
"Oh, is that so? I could pass the message onto her for yo-"
"No, that's really all right." I shake my head and walk back to Jeremy's room, remembering to knock this time. When he let me in, I could have sworn I heard a 'tch' noise behind me. But I was probably just imagining things.
 
"Jeremy."
"Hn." Is his only reply.
I sigh. How does one apologize exactly...?
"...For what I did to you earlier today...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said such harsh words and then slam the door in your face." I look away, crossing my arms uncomfortably. 
I guess those were the right words because Jeremy is smiling brightly once again.
“It’s okay, Hyung!” He catches me off-guard and hugs me tightly for a moment. When he finally lets go, he throws me a big grin and pulls me out of the bedroom. He guides me to the downstairs room where we find Go Mi Nam.
 
“We should have a party!” He cheers. Go Mi Nam smiles with him. I can’t help but chuckle at their idiotic behavior.
“A party for what, though?” Go Mi Nam asks.
“To celebrate the first apology I’ve ever heard Tae Kyung hyung speak!” This makes me frown. But as soon as Jeremy said that, Go Mi Nam turned to me and mouthed a ’thank you, hyung-nim’.
 
I found myself smiling again.
 
As I turn my head, I catch Shin Woo’s gaze. Is he watching me..? 
He quickly turns and walks away, leaving me dumbfounded. He looked rather upset… Was something wrong?  
 
Ah, why do I even care…?
What’s wrong with m-
 
“Hyung!” I hear Jeremy call out.
“Hn?” He stops my thoughts.
“Lighten up! Have some fun!” He grins maliciously. I raise my brow questionably until I see him pull out a very embarrassing video of when we first debuted. My eyes widen.
 
“Oh hell no!” I yell, starting to chase Jeremy. I hear Go Mi Nam laughing behind us. 
“Lighten up! Lighten up!” Jeremy laughs, effectively keeping the DVD away from me.
 
Damn him…
 
Suddenly Jeremy accidentally trips and falls to the ground- and since I was chasing him, I trip over him and fall. Our heads collided and I swear our lips bumped as well.
 
…Huh?
 
“Ow…” I grumble. I open my eyes to find our faces still extremely close. Jeremy’s eyes are wide and his face is a bright shade of scarlet. I stare at him in shock. Did we just…? Before I can think, I feel someone grab me and roughly shove me off. I blink and turn to see Shin Woo gently helping Jeremy up.
 
…What?
 
Shin Woo’s disappointed…or is that disgust in his eyes…? Whatever it is, it makes me want to crawl under a rock and die. Why does my chest hurt so much?
 
“Hyung-nim…” I hear Go Mi Nam’s voice successfully snap me out of my thoughts.
I try to reply, but for some reason, my voice isn’t working. Instead, I just stare at her.
“Are you all right?” She asks. I guess she already made sure that Jeremy’s okay. Otherwise, everyone would be flocking the boy.
I nod my head and turn around. I don’t know why, but the scene before me hurts my chest. Did I hit my head when I fell? I turn my head one last time and let my eyes fall on Shin Woo. He’s talking to Jeremy. He’s even smiling. Ugh, whatever.
 
I quietly leave the room. It’s not like I have any business there, anyways. I walk out into the balcony and look up. All I see is black. Is that how I’m feeling? Black? Completely dark? I’m sure not feeling “bubbly” at the moment.
 
What does bubby even mean?
 
I hear footsteps behind me, but I don’t show that I notice them.
“Basking in the afterglow, Tae Kyung?”
Shin Woo? Why’s he…
Wait, what…?
I turn around and frown.
“What’re y-”
His expression catches me off-guard. He’s almost…glaring at me?
“What the hell are you talking about?” I finish.
He scoffs and glances away for a moment before frowning at me again.
“Oh, I’m sure you know what I’m talking about.” Shin Woo says as he walks up to me and grabs my arm roughly. He pulls me into him and…kisses me?
 
Quickly, my thoughts go fuzzy. For a moment, I forget my own name. All I know is, Shin Woo’s kissing me. I close my eyes and begin to kiss him back. This makes him flinch and pull away. Our gazes lock, and I bite my lip. My face is bright red and my eyes are almost hazy.
 
Shin Woo opens his mouth to say something, but decides against it and turns away to walk back inside.
 
I’m so lost in my own mind that I don’t notice Jeremy standing in the doorway, watching the entire scene and wiping away his tears.