Do You Have Someone You Like?

Unexpected Love

 

It seems that the only place I go anymore is this cafe. It's nice- calm and serene.

 

Okay, seriously. I need to stop being such a damn wuss and just face Shin Woo. How bad could that be?

 

Go Mi Nam loves Jeremy and Jeremy doesn't even have a clue- even though they're together a lot. Although he is kind of stupid anyway.

 

So how would Shin Woo ever find out my feelings, since I don't really spend much time with him? 

 

Exactly- he wouldn't.

 

So then I'm safe. I could just make an excuse for that kiss. Something like, "Oh, I was just caught up in the moment." or "Well you explain why you kissed me first!" Yeah that would work. A smirk creeps upon my face; I feel more like myself than I have in a while. I just need to brush it all off'; Admit it and then brush it off. Aha.

 

I'm a grown man for god's sake. I'm not some stupid little school girl who just had her first kiss taken from her. Damn.

 

I finish my cup of coffee and decide that a long walk would be good for my mind.

 

I leave my car in the cafe parking lot and walk down the sidewalk; Of course I make sure to pull the hood of my coat over my head. Being recognized will only make things worse.

 

I walk down the sidewalk in silence. A small smile forms on my face; This walk is quite relaxing. It's quiet and tranquil. There's not many people out, and the sun's shining. It's a nice day. That is, until I spot Shin Woo on the other side of the street. Instantly, I freeze. It's amazing how this man affects me so much. Seriously, what the hell?

 

I try to continue my not-so-enjoyable-now walk without staring at him- it's impossible. I look away for about two seconds and then my eyes are back on him. What's he even doing? I can't really tell, but when I take my eyes off him finally, I almost walk into a pole. I quickly stop in my tracks and look around, wondering if anyone noticed. Even though I didn't technically run into it, it still hurt my ego.

 

I grumble and try to focus on the damn sidewalk, it seems to be working, and for a while, I feel better again... Until I feel a hand around my arm, pulling me away. 

 

"What?!" I flip around and see Shin Woo giving me an unreadable expression. "Ah-"

 

I stare at him, completely flabbergasted. Why is he here and why is he touching me...?

 

"Come with me." He states, reaching down to pull my wrist while he walks away. I can't say or do anything- too shocked at the moment- so I just go along with him.

 

The entire walk is silent. Shin Woo's hand is is still gripping my wrist; But it's a gentle hold...

 

"Where are you taking me?" I finally say, frowning to hide the blush I've had for a while.

 

"You'll see." He says quietly.

 

Ten minutes later, we're in a park that's more or less empty except for a few families letting their children play. He takes me to an empty swing-set and sits down, gesturing for me to do the same.

 

Shin Woo stares off into the distance, while I'm just staring at him. I wonder what he's thinking about... 

 

What am I in, some kind of cheesy drama? What has my life turned into?

 

"Tae Kyung." He says quietly, keeping his gaze wherever it is.

 

"Hm?" I try not to seem too interested, but it's seriously killing me inside. What's going on in his mind?

 

"Why do you seem to be acting strange lately?"

 

Oh, I'm the one that's acting strange? I'm just...going through something. God forbid people think I'm human or anything.

 

"What do you mean?" I scoff and look away.

 

"I saw you staring at me the entire time you walked down the street. At first I didn't think it was you, since you're really not someone who cares about others, really."

 

Ouch. Am I really that awful?

 

"I wasn't staring at you!" I try to defend myself, but I sound so obvious. Damn!

 

"Then what were you doing while you almost ran into that pole?" He chuckles. I can't see his face, but I know he's grinning. Yes, my misfortune just makes everyone's day, doesn't it?

 

My silence gives him his answer.

 

"Tell me, Tae Kyung... Do you have someone you like?" Shin Woo turns to me, his face so serious and unreadable that it throws me off guard. I can't help but avert my gaze.

 

"I...I- yeah." I can't help but be honest, his face isn't something I can even try to lie to.

 

Shin Woo closes his eyes and looks away, a small, sad smile forming on his lips. 

 

"Well then I hope you and her the best." He stands up and turns to leave.

 

"...But I don't think that person feels the same." I call out, being louder than I meant to. I just don't want him to leave yet.

 

He freezes and doesn't say anything.

 

"Shin Woo...Why did you kiss me...?"