What Is This Feeling?

Unexpected Love

 

Somehow I managed to walk myself back to my bedroom. Now I'm all alone. My entire body just feels...warm. The only thing on my mind is that kiss...

 

...Huh?

 

Shin Woo kissed me. Why is my head so damn fuzzy?! Why is my heart pounding like I'm about to have a heart attack?!

 

Why did I kiss him back?

 

Why don't I feel disgusted by it?

 

These questions bring back that time when Go Mi Nam told me she likes Jeremy.

 

Jeremy.

 

I suddenly remember the accident. Our mouths collided. That would be considered a kiss, right? But it didn't make me feel like I do now...

 

What is this feeling, anyways?

 

Maybe I'm getting sick. Or is it something more...

 

Maybe I'll figure it out after some sleep.

 

"I wish someone would just tell me!" I slam my fist down on the soft sofa and sigh.

 

"Tell you what?" A voice makes me literally jump in my seat. Sure enough, it's Go Mi Nam, invading other people's privacy like usual.

 

"Who said you could come in, Go Mi Nam." I state with a sigh.

 

"...Are you having problems, Hyung-nim?" Leave it to little miss good to want to help.

 

"I don't see how that's any of your concern." I scoff and look disinterested. She puffs her cheeks.

 

"Is it...because Shin Woo Hyung kissed you?"

 

...

WHAT?

 

"Go Mi Nam." I frown. "Has anyone ever told you to mind your own business?" I say angrily.

 

"Hyu-"

 

"But...how do you know about that?" I narrow my eyes at her.

 

"J-Jeremy saw the two of you." After saying that, she lowers her head, looking rather...sad.

 

Not that I care.

 

"Do you like Shin Woo Hyung?" My eyes widen. This girl never ceases to catch me off-guard.

 

"I...don't know." I admit, despite my pride feeling torn apart.

 

"Well, how did you feel when he kissed you?" She asks innocently.

 

Does this girl have no sense of...whatever.

 

"Go Mi Nam. Stop concerning yourself with my problems. Now, if you don't mind. Leave." I point my finger to the door and give her an annoyed look.

 

She stands up and nods. As she opens my door, she turns around and says, "Hyung-nim. If you found your heart beating so fast you thought it was going to explode, if you didn't want that moment to end, if you feel weird at even the slightest thought of him, or if you want that moment to happen again... You like him, hyung-nim." And with that, she leaves.

 

I think she just gave me the answer I've been looking for. Although I don't want to admit it... I grimace, trying to push the thoughts away, although it doesn't happen.

 

I'm...I like Shin Woo? What do I do? What would Shin Woo do if he found out...? 

 

I shake off those laughable thoughts and chuckle nervously. There's no way. It can't be true. But the more I deny it, the more it seems like I'm trying to hide it..

 

I look around as if I'm being watched and frown. Maybe I just need to sleep. Is that the solution to all my problems now?

 

I sigh. What a headache.

 

After some much needed sleep, I wake up with a clear mind.

 

"Okay I just need to think this through and it should fix itself, right?" I say to myself.

 

I stand up and walk to the shower, still lost in my thoughts.

 

Maybe I should just face the truth and agree with Go Mi Nam?

 

Yeah well maybe I should just jump off a bridge. Same thing!

 

I shake my head at my ridiculous thoughts and sigh bitterly. This is so difficult.

 

I give the bridge idea another thought. It would be easier. Aha.

 

No, the world loves me too much. And what would the news say?

 

'Famous singer Hwang Tae Kyung kills himself over denial of being in love with another man'

 

I wince at how stupid that is. Really, now. I'm supposed to be a genius! What's happening to me?

 

My thoughts are rudely interrupted by the freezing cold shower water hitting my body. Have I really been in the shower for that long?

 

I hurry and turn off the water before I catch a cold. That's just what I need. To get sick while I'm having this stupid love-struck moment. I shiver. Thoughts are dangerous.

 

Clean and dressed, I make my way out to the kitchen, only to find that Go Mi Nam and Jeremy are sitting at the table. Go Mi Nam looks up at me and smiles.

 

Jeremy doesn't look at me at all. I guess he's upset about yesterday's accident. Well, it's not like it's my fault. So I don't have to apologize again, rig-

 

"Good morning, hyung-nim." She says with her innocent, little smile. Although I barely hear her- the thoughts are returning.

 

"Nn, morning." I mumble. I give Jeremy one last look before I realize that I don't care. I sit down in the nearest seat which happens to be the one next to Go Mi Nam.

 

"Jere-" I'm cut off by Jeremy quickly standing up from his seat, mumbling a, "I have somewhere to be" and practically high tailing it out of the front door.

 

I give Go Mi Nam a confused look and she only sighs.

 

"What happened to him?" I ask, almost disinterested.

 

"I told you he saw you and Shin Woo hyung kiss last night." She says nonchalantly. I blush at the memory.

 

"So? Why's he acting like that?" Go Mi Nam's shock shows on her face.

 

"You mean you don't know?"

 

"Know what?"

 

She's silent.

 

"Well?" I try again. She stays silent.

 

"It's not my business, hyung-nim. So I can't tell you." She looks away. I swear, this girl...

 

I frown. Whatever, then.

 

"What's going on?" 

 

I freeze.

 

I don't dare turn towards him. Shin Woo. He might see how red my face is! I need to leave...

 

"Good morning, Shin Woo hyung." Go Mi Nam says with a smile.

 

"Good morning." Shin Woo gives her a smile. "Where's Jeremy?" He asks, yawning.

 

So the first thing on his mind is Jeremy. Something in my chest burns at this thought. I frown and stare out the window, my chin resting on my hand. I don't even hear what they're saying now. The only thing I can think about is how much I don't want to face Shin Woo.

 

I stand up from my chair, frown apparent on my face, and mumble, "I have somewhere I have to be." As I grab my keys, I hear Go Mi Nam giggle and say, "It's the same predicament as Jeremy." to a confused Shin Woo.

 

"I don't get it." I say to no one in particular, thinking about her words as I drive myself to the nearby cafe that I seem to be frequenting lately.