Part 3

Best Friends?

"Hyo? Hyo?"

Sunny waved a hand in front of Hyoyeon, but the girl seemed to be in a daze.

It has been a month since the break-up of Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk, and throughout the whole month, besides going around her usual routine, Hyoyeon was half the time in a trance when nobody was around. When someone was around or when she was teaching, Hyoyeon would smile brightly, causing her eyes to disappear into half-crescents. She would talk and joke with her students and parents. To others, she may have seen normal, but to Sunny, she could see right through her facade.

"Hyoyeon, do you want to rest instead? We could close the school for a week, the students would understand."

Sunny asked softly and gently for the umpteeth time. Even though Hyoyeon had tried to mask her face with make-up, but Sunny could see the dark circles around her eyes. It hurt her to know that the younger girl had not been sleeping as well as she claimed and for that Sunny blamed herself. She should have taken greater care of Hyoyeon, preventing her from falling in love so that her heart will not break and she would not cry.

"No..."

For the umpteenth time, Hyoyeon shook her head before returning to her daze mode. Sunny sighed heavily at the sight of the girl. She knew the girl would never close the school even for an hour unless it was emergency. Gazing at the daze girl worriedly, Sunny knew there was only one thing she could do, and hopefully it helps.

---

Sunny walked into a cafe, which was full of customers. The cafe was white with light blue with huge windows that went from the top to the bottom, allowing sunlight to stream in freely giving it a cozy home atmosphere.

Sunny opened the door of the cafe, her eyes scanning around for a familiar face.

"Eunhyuk oppa."

"Oh hi Sunny. How did you know I was here?"

Sunny gave a sheepish smile before taking a seat.

"I asked around. I guess you are pretty famous in the area, almost everyone I asked knew you like you were their family."

"Yeah, in fact all of them are. So what do you come see me for?"

"Its... Its about Hyo."

The instant the name came out, Eunhyuk's expression dropped.

"What about her?"

"She's sad. I don't think she can forget you."

On hearing the sentence, Eunhyuk gave a sad smile as he took a sip of the coffee on the table.

"I'm afraid I can't do anything."

"Why not? I know you still love her and ypur reason for breaking up is just... Just crap!"

Sunny spoke softly but harshly. She could feel anger rising in her and it took all of her muscles and determination to keep it down.

"Why don't you help her? Aren't you her best friend? Or rather don't you love her too?"

For a moment, Sunny became confused. She did not get what Eunhyuk was getting at.

"I will help her, in fact I'm helping her now. And yes, I do love her as... As a sister, as a friend."

Once again Eunhyuk gave a sad smile.

"Sunny, why don't you just confess? I can see it everytime you look at Hyo and everytime Hyo looked at you, it's different from what she look at me."

"That's because we are best friends, sisters for almost 20 years..."

Sunny was quick to answer but in her mind she knew what Eunhyuk said was correct; at least the part about herself was dead-on.

"Sunny, who she needs isn't me, is you. Just... Just make her happy."

Gulping down the cup of coffee and gathering up his things, Eunhyuk made his way to the exit leaving Sunny staring his back.

---

"Hyo, Hyo?"

For the tenth time, Sunny tried to call out to the younger girl who was in a daze again. Ever since the meeting with Eunhyuk, Sunny was determined to make Hyoyeon become the girl she was before - cheerful, bubbly and lively.

"Hyoyeon-ah..."

Hyoyeon snapped from her daze and looked questioningly at Sunny. For a moment, Sunny was thankful that Hyoyeon had a different expression apart from her usual blank ones.

"Do you want to go to the amusement park with me? I heard they have discount on tickets."

Sunny eyed the younger girl as the latter pondered about the offer. Praying that the latter would take up the offer, Sunny bit her lower lips in nervousness. After all, amusement park was the place where they spent their after school days together, happily running around and trying on the rides. In fact they went so often that the people working there even knew who the two young girls were and they never fail to give them extra treats.

"So..."

Hyoyeon nodded her head slowly, a small smile gracing her lips. In an instant, Sunny let out the breath she had been keeping while waiting for her response.

The next day, the two girls went to the amusement park, the shorter one pulling along the taller one. Walking along the familiar routes from their school days, they were glad that nothing changed much apart from the addition to a few new rides.

"Soonkyu-ah... Hyoyeon-ah..."

"Kwonnie ahjuhssi..."

The two girls ran towards their favourite uncle.

"Wow! Look at the 2 beautiful girls, all grown up and beautiful."

The two girls just smiled brightly at their uncle. It was amazing how he managed to remember them after all those years.

"Here, a flower for each pretty lady. Go and find the others, they will be glad to see you."

With that, Jo Kwon waved the two girls away. The two girls went on to find the others whom they have grown friendly with during the times they went. They were delighted to find most of the people still working at their various stations and so were they to see the two girls.

For the whole day Sunny and Hyoyeon were there, they went on all the rides at least twice, even the new ones.

"Hyoyeon-ah, I'm tired..."

Sunny whined while tugging at the blonde's arm. During the whole time they were there, Hyoyeon had been excitedly pointing at every ride and game. Sunny watched smilingly as the blonde wore an excited expression.

"But, I want to go on that ride. The last ride, I promise."

Sunny looked to the direction that Hyoyeon was pointing and opened widely as she stared at the people screaming their heads off on the machine. It was 360 degrees turn flash tower, which keeps spinning in the sky.

After the previous ride of spinning cups, even though it was not dangerous, Sunny was already dizzy with all the spinning and to handle one more was really bad.

"Sunny..." Hyoyeon pouted.

"Fine, one more. Then we are resting."

"Yes Ma'am!"

Hyoyeon grinned before running towards the ride, pulling Sunny behind her.

---

"Hyoyeon... Have some water."

Hoping to ease the uncomfortable feeling in the younger girl's stomach, Sunny offered Hyoyeon a bottle of half-filled water. The girl had been vomiting after the ride, which had made her stomach turned and she to be unstable on her feet.

After what seemed to be ages and the girl emptied her stomach, the two finally left the bathroom and with a tired but light heart, both of them left for home.

"Thank you, Sunny."

Hyoyeon smiled at the brunette beside her before interlacing their fingers together. The three words had caused Sunny to feel light-hearted. It was best friends forever, isn't it?

-TBC-

As usual.. I'm being lazy... But since it's the last day of 2012... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!