Sweet Destiny - Chapter T H R E E - Hospital

Sweet Destiny

 

“DAD! Please! I NEED to go to the hospital!” Sora pleaded with watery eyes as she held onto her father’s arm.
“No Sora! You’re a girl and it’s late! I’m not letting you go-” her father argued, shaking his head.
“Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaase, please please please please,” she begged, feeling rather hopeless as her father placed his palm a few inches away from her face.
“For the last time Sora. NO!” she was rewarded with a loud disapproval. She had no choice left, her mother was not in the country and her father is the only person to seek permission to.
She kept quiet as she stood beside her father who is flipping through channels on TV while sitting on the long sofa, shaking his legs. Her chest area getting colder as her surroundings turned hot. Her vision blurred by the threatening tears.
“Dad, please. It’s urgent. Please… Dad, I need to see him,” she spoke in between sobs. Her father looked at her with concerned eyes, his brows raising up in surprise.
“Hey, hey. Don’t cry. Okay fine. You can go, just come back before 11. Or you’re grounded for a month. And I mean it,” he said, looking back at the TV screen.

Sora smiled and rushed out of the house, waiting for an ‘On Call’ text on a taxi which she ordered previously.

________________________________________________________

Sora walked briskly to Leeteuk’s room as her stomach churned. She read the room number twice before pushing the door open. Leeteuk was lying on the bed, his face pale. She took a chair and carried it closer beside his bed. She sat down and his hair cautiously, incase she woke him up. Her eyes automatically got dewy. Her fingers went down to his cheeks, caressing it. Her heart stopped for a second as her finger pads brushed with his smooth pale skin. It was the first time seeing him without his thick glasses, she admired his fascinating features. From his long eyelashes to his sharp nose and down to his soft lips.

"I'm really sorry.. Really, really sorry. You don't deserve this.. This was all my fault. I know regretting wouldn't change a thing and I can't turn back time, but today was one of the best and yet the worst day of my life. Do you know that.. I noticed you when you were in the hallway, alone. But there was something in you.. that I just love. I didn't know then, but I observed your little moves. Your stare when you look at your friends, they're genuine and pure, your smile - it's so sincere and the dimples, it just made me fall for you even more. Today when I saw you getting treated that way by that jerk.. I just, I hated it.. so much" Sora paused as her words were stuck in , "I don't understand why are there such people in this world, but you're different. You have a kind heart and you're a great person and any girl being yours is just plain.. lucky," Leeteuk’s tear rolled down from the corner of his eyes where Sora couldn’t see. 

“I-I.. I love you, Park JungSoo-ssi, I don’t know how I can describe how much. I really love you,” She put her head down against her arms as she twined their hands together.

“I love you too…” Leeteuk managed to whisper.