Sweet Destiny - Chapter O N E - First Move

Sweet Destiny

 

 

The popular kids of the school team bounced their basketballs up and down the concrete floor with a constant beat, going out from their changing room, wearing their unusually tight white v-neck shirt, showing their chest muscles -even their s- clearly. Donghae, the team leader and girls’ biggest crush -the one with the stunning look, the expressive warm watery eyes and perfectly structured jaw line- bumped Leeteuk's small frame with his much bigger shoulder filled with hard rock muscles. 
Leeteuk let a tiny curse out of his lips as his books fell out of his grip, scattering on the school corridor. He pushed up his thick black glasses which gave him the geeky look. Donghae scowled and brushed the part his shoulder. Tongue poking his inner cheeks and walked down the hallway, getting tiny squeals and gasps from the ladies every now and then.

Her fingers brushed softly against his as they picked up the books and papers. Their cheeks unknowingly turned light shades of pink, Sora’s lips curved up into a weak smile while Leeteuk looked down and nodded his head in appreciation, taking his books from her hand. He bit his bottom lips as he felt his heart beating as if it was in a race.

“T-thank you, S-So-Sora,” he stuttered. Bowing a little, avoiding eye contact and hugged his books tight infront of his chest and walked quickly -almost running- to his locker. He didn’t forget to take a glance back at Sora who was still at the same place a few metres away. He swore she looked into his eyes and her smiled killed her. His cheeks getting hot as he recalled the incident.

_____________________________________

The bell rung, Leeteuk rushed to his seat in the classroom, the one next to the window. They were assigned to sit at a combined table with a pair in each row. It was literature hence his partner was Heechul. The younger was befuddled with his a-few-days-older-hyung’s cheerful mood.

“Yah,” Heechul smirked as he nudged Leeteuk's right arm with his elbow. The younger didn’t seem to realize and bit his bottom lip to reduce his smile.
“YAH,” Heechul said in a frustrated tone and poked his arm several times with a more force.
“Ouch!” Leeteuk whinced and rubbed the hurting spot, “What?” he replied harshly, mad that his dreamy bubble was burst.
“Aish, this guy. What’s in your mind?” his friend blurted.
“Are you facebook? Geez.” Leeteuk replied, uninterested. Then taking a short quick look to his right before giving Heechul his attention, Sora giggling with her hands covering . Her eyes smiled along. Leeteuk's cheeks flushed light pink, showing his deep dimple. 
“Ah! I was right! You’re in love! RIGHT?!” Heechul said in a loud voice as if showing his victory.
“Shh!” Leeteuk hushed him and shot him a “don’t-you-dare-look”.
“Okay okay,” Heechul chuckled, looking at his right and guessing which girl could have made his hyung’s heart finally worked to its job.

_________________

Sora opened her locker the first thing when she arrived in school, only to find a glass bottle filled with hard colourful candies with heart shaped pattern carved on it.
Her eyes shined in awe as she found a note sticked at the bottom.

“I hope you liked it.
Have a nice day! ^^”

She read the content and put the piece of note inside her diary. Her mind wondered who gave her those.

Days passed and she never failed to find a different type of sweets in her locker. It was a day before Valentines’. She anticipated the special surprise behind the metal door.
Her stomach churned and flipped as she went to school much earlier than usual, planning to peek on her secret admirer. The sky were still dark as her steps were light and slow. There were nobody at sight. Her eyelids dropped slowly as she stationed beside the telephone booth a couple of steps away from the row of lockers. Her phone started vibrating and EXO’s ‘What Is Love’ started playing.
“,” she cursed through gritted teeth as she rummaged her bag, finding her phone. Her heart pace quickens as she sensed someone coming closer. She tried to press the middle button to turn off her alarm but accidentally pressing on the snooze button which would ring the next 30 minutes. She hissed as she held her phone in her left hand, looking over the lockers. She saw a man figure coming from the other side. Putting her phone on top of the telephone box, she took out a book from her bag pretending to read and covering her face.
“H-hi, e-excuse me,” she heard the familiar voice stutters. Something hit her chest, her surrounding turned hot as she pulled down her book to look into the man infront of her.
“Hey,” she started off cool though inside of her was jumping.
A bewildered look struck the man’s face. He opened his mouth but the words were stuck. The blood drained from his face and rushed back especially to the cheek area. Sora broke the silence, “Uh, anything I can help?” she maintained a slightly cute smile, making her eyes arc like a cresent moon.
“U-uhm.. I-I..” Leeteuk stuttered, hands becaming sweaty as his heart pumped madly, he scratched the back of his neck and managed to give a smile.
“I-I was just.. I was going to.. Uhh.. ask about t-the d-dan, uhh I mean, p-prom n-notice,” his lips started shivering as his brain complained how stupid he must have looked and sounded. 
“A-ah,” Sora nodded slowly, “Do you want to go, elsewhere? I-it’s a little uncomfortable talking here,” she let out a small giggle which cause Leeteuk’s stomach to turn even worse. He nodded as Sora opened her bag and put her thick book back in. 
“Uhm- about the notice,” She hesitated as they walked slowly without a certain place in mind. Leeteuk gulped as he walked a little slower, purposely to admire her from the side. It felt as though creatures are crawling inside his tummy, he looked from the root of her hair and down to her jaw line, his fingers ached to trace it. His gaze moved to her hips, “Stop that,” he muttered to himself. Trying to stop his crazy mind.
He forgets everything and admired her pale white skin, she looked a little cold. His hands urged to wrap around her waist and pull her into a tight, warm hug. Sora stopped suddenly and turned her back to Leeteuk, her index finger pointing on the large wooden board, her lips stretched up into a grin.
“Here! The prom notice,” she said excitedly.
“A-ah! Yes!” Leeteuk woke up from his own dreamland, not sure what Sora had said. He looked at the purple sheet of paper and read it carefully.

“7PM, 14 February..” he mumbled to himself. Sora waited for his gaze to move, which told her that he finished reading. But Leeteuk was nervous and decided to look at the paper instead. After a few, Sora decided that she needs to take the first move since Leeteuk had always been shy.
“Uhm- Do you have any partner for tomorrow’s prom? Or, do you have anyone in mind?” she asked the slightly blushing man, adding the last question in hoping that her crush would say her name.

Not wanting to look lonely, Leeteuk nodded his head, “I-I have a-a p-partner.” 
The answer left Sora’s heart heavy and almost shattering. She sighed, tears slightly visible at the corner of her eyes.

Leeteuk looked at her face, knowing that she is defenitely not happy. 
“A-are you o-okay?” he stuttered, trying to get his words out miserably.
“N-no, j-just tired,” Sora covered and yawned. The tears fell over and rolled down the corner of her eyes. She put on a fake smile, pretty obvious for a girl who was really bad at lying.

Leeteuk walked closer to her and placed his thumb on the trait of tears and wiped it nervously. The condition of the heart was indescribable. He never felt so happy yet so upset.

“I-I’m sorry, I lied… I don’t have a partner,” Leeteuk looked down. Sora curved up her lips into a shy smile, she tiptoed and gave his cheeks a peck with her warm lips. Receiving a wide-eyed Leeteuk with blushing cheeks, she felt the embarrassment rising up just then. Causing an awkward silence. 
Leeteuk looked into her eyes, the moment would be perfect. But he was afraid.

The morning birds melodized each other, creating an art peace.
The Sun rose up, shining its light across the city. Sora bit her bottom lips and looked into his round, watery eyes. Her right hand went up to his grey vest, another his dark caramel locks. Oh who cares what were on their heads. They had that special connection. Sora smiled in return, as Leeteuk capture her hand, he held her by the wrist -still have not boost his confidence- and pulled her to his secret place. They went behind the school garden and Sora kept quiet, trusting the leading man. They got inside an old antique house, the door opened with a long creak. The roof top covered by glass and wild plants, allowing bits of light to shine through.
The space was just nice for the both of them. 
“I…” Sora started softly, looking at her fidgeting feet. Leeteuk held her chin up gently, tilting his head and leaned in as he closed his eyes, pressing his lips softly against hers. Sora tensed for a second and got use to the warm lips. They could hear each other’s pulse beating in sync, quick and loud. 
The man lets go first, looking into her now watery eyes. He gulped.
“S-Sora,” the name slipped off his lips.
“I-I.. I really like y-you,” he stuttered the few words and tried to maintain his normal voice. He couldn’t bear to ruin this moment.
“I, really like you,” he repeated, “I love you,” he mumbled, almost whispering as a lump grew in his throat. The tears in his eyes threatening to fall. He swallowed it back and took out the prepared heart shaped glass bottle filled with hard rock candy with the letter ‘S’ and ‘L’, their initials. He put the bottle on top of an old wooden drawer, then taking out a huge lollipop, almost as big as his head.
“Will you be my Valentine?” the words written on the huge candy. He held the thick stem with two hands and gave a sheepish smile, “Will you… b-be my Valentine?” he managed to let it out of his system. Sora’s smile stretched up to her ears. She took the huge lollipop and looked into his eyes once more. She wrapped her arms around his neck and said softly, “I really like you too, Leeteuk… oppa,” whispering the last word, causing the hairs on his neck to rise. Everything happened so quickly but the wait was worth it. The bell could be heard and Leeteuk took a step backward before taking his phone out and checking the time.

"I guess.. we've got to go now," Leeteuk smiled. Sora nodded as she took the candies and put it at the empty carrier she would always bring. Leeteuk never gives her a bag.

The couple neaten their clothes as they walked out slowly from the room. The number of students grew as the morning got later. The two walked together to their class, their hands stealing each other’s quick touch. Glad that they came early.