Wait, What?

My School Years

 

Sungyoung’s POV

 

The next day, everyone was supposed to be here but then only Chanyeol and myself sitting in the library alone. Nobody else. None of the students were here, just the two of us; starring at the book and no words could describe at this moment. Why do I feel so awkward here? I used to talk to him in anyways but today, I can’t even look him in the eyes. Not just that, including his face.

 

“Where is everybody? I thought they should be here by now. It is already three quarter past three. Where is your Suho?” Chanyeol asked. I don’t know how to tell this but I feel gasses are going to burst out in any minute. Mwo? My Suho? Since when he is mine?

 

“How should I know? He is your friend and I thought you know him better.”

 

Then we went back silent. I stared back at my book and he did the same. A little while, two girls passed by our table and “hey, do you see the news from our school website? About Hayi dumb Chanyeol sunbae”. “Oh. Yeah. I saw that. It just happen today right? I heard the five of them having a study group. To what I know is Suho and Joomi sunbaenim are having their own job right now. So they couldn’t make it. But Hayi sunbae is so damn cruel. How dare she do that to our Chanyeol sunbae. And that guy is a middle aged man. Eyeeekkk bad taste.” I looked up while my face still facing the book and Chanyeol tilted a little. One of them saw us and she gasped, dropped one of the books from her hand. She patted her friend’s shoulder and the other turned around. Her eyes widened and the two ran away from there when they saw Chanyeol already raised his chin.

 

“If you still believe in your girlfriend, then don’t trust those rumours.” I said. After a while, I received a message from Joomi that she is not going to be here. She has something to do but Suho didn’t tell us anything. Chanyeol his phone and browsed the school website. I did the same thing and it was undeniable.

 

It is proven with a very clear image of her and someone else. But not to rush because maybe it is her father, uncle or maybe grandfather. No. Grandfather is too old for a middle aged man. Maybe uncle or father. Chanyeol still look calm because it was not proven yet. As what I saw he is thinking that maybe someone from Hayi’s relatives.

 

-Hayi and Chanyeol- Somewhere in the school

 

Silent occurs for a while but it broke by Hayi after then. “I want to break up with you”. “What?” I think I cannot take this anymore. I’m too afraid if my parents saw me with a guy. Let’s just stay until here. “Mianhae” She stood from the cemented brick and Chanyeol spoke out. “Is that why you wanted us to separate? Because of that guy is it?”

 

“Who is that guy?” she turned around, looked confused.

 

“Don’t bluff me anymore. Rumours about you with a middle aged man are spreading around in the school. Are you trying to make myself embarrassed in front of the public for not taking good care of his girlfriend?” Chanyeol turned beckoning her.

 

“Don’t say such thing if you don’t know anything” she replied and walked away.

 

The next day, rumours about Chanyeol and Hayi fought spread again. So many controversies about them in the school until Suho and Sungyoung get some peace when they were not around. Without any news, Hayi said something to Chanyeol and he accepted her again to be his girlfriend. He believed Hayi will never lie to him.

 

“What? They are back together again?” Joomi asked.

 

“That is what happening now.” Sungyoung said while playing with the pen.

 

“I mean, is it Chanyeol who is dumb or Hayi is the ?” Joomi nearly blurted.

 

“None of them I can answer.”

 

“Seriously….”

 

Then Suho came, approach them.

 

“Heyya, what’s with the serious face?” he asked, landing his on Sungyoung’s table.

 

“Some random s.” Joomi cursed.

 

“Err…ha…….?” He eyed one and another.

 

“No. We were talking about Hayi and Chanyeol. That’s all.” Sungyoung replied.

 

“Oh. That one. The word stupid must be setting in your brain right? Haha, I know. Somehow, they even get back together after broke up. Maybe there must be a reason why. Nah, don’t bother it. None of our business also.” He replied. Suho has been always positive. I rarely see him cursing like Joomi. Maybe he came from a good family background that teaches him not to use foul languages.

 

One week passed like that without any much interesting event, I walk towards the guard house. There is a small building for the students to wait for their transports and I saw Hayi and Chanyeol were sitting together. I didn’t mean to interrupt but my feet kept on walking and hid behind the pillar.

 

“Chanyeol ah, what is it? Share with me if you feel it burdens with you. We promised to share our problems together right?” Hayi asked but seems he doesn’t paying attention on her. He kept on stare blankly. Hayi proposed him again and he looked annoyed when she keeps on forcing him to tell his problems.

 

“AISH! You are such a troublesome! Our relationship ends here!” He smacked her hand and walked away. Hayi looked so shock but then what is the reason behind this? I thought they got back together? Chanyeol walked out from the school gate as if he is stomping his feet.

 

Hayi cried alone there, hugging her legs towards her chest. I’m not a person who is good at comforting but maybe Chanyeol, I’m pro at it. I took my bag and followed him. He stopped at the lake behind our lower secondary school. He threw the rocks into lake without noticing me behind.

 

“I knew you would be here if you are sad.” I said. He turned around and shocked when I really at his back.

 

“How long have you been here? I mean how do you know I’m here?”

 

“This is the place where we will be always hanging out no matter how busy we are. Sad, happy, mad, all feeling expression threw into this lake.” I replied and took the stick stirring the water. “Regret for breaking up?”

 

“I……..Yes”

 

“Then, why don’t you just say sorry to her and asked for another chance?”

 

“Not that I want her back but I was just too mad for seeing her with that old man. I can’t hold any longer and burst out.”

 

“Isn’t that is the same thing? So you mean regret for breaking up but then in the same no?” It is none of my business after all. I walked to another part of the lake and watch the fishes swimming. He came and approached but I felt hot breath behind of my neck.

 

Shadow formed on the surface of the water with the higher height compared to me. A man’s gesture as he hugged my waist, leaning his chin on my right shoulder. Wait, What?

 


 

sorry for the late update AGAIN. Haih, I'm too busy with school but not to worry because I have a week holiday and can update more! YEAY!