Late Night Stroll

You Aren't My Sister!

 

The family gathering ended only a few hours after the ‘replacement’ incident and everyone had said their goodbyes, leaving with genuine smiles on their faces. Junhong still hadn’t come back down like he said he would. He stayed locked up in his room and Ms. Choi started to grow concerned.

 

“Chaerin, could you please check on Junhong? Just to see if he’s okay. He’s been up there for a while.” She muttered solicitously and I nodded once and stopped helping her clean the foyer before I made my way up the west wing stairs.

 

Believe it or not, I was kind of worried about him too. Being shunned by family isn’t exactly the greatest feeling in the world.

 

I knocked softly a few times on Junhong’s door and a few moments later, he opened it, wearing nothing but a revealing black wife-beater and gray sweats that hung low on his hips…

 

Oh god, here comes those ‘weird’ thoughts again.

 

“A-are you alright?” I questioned with my eyes focused else where. I absolutely did not want Junhong to find out that I found him somewhat attractive. Like, do you know how bad his ego would get if he knew?

 

“Do I look alright?” Junhong’s brusque tone broke my train of thought, but it still wasn’t enough to make me look his way, so I kept my eyes glued to the floor instead.

 

This wasn’t like me. I was usually quite bold, always holding eye contact when talking to others. I just hope Junhong doesn’t notice this sudden change in my behavior.

 

Click!

 

My head shot up after hearing the brief sound and I finally met his amused gaze.

 

“…Did you just take a picture of me?”

 

“Yeah” He mumbled, showing me a snapshot of me staring down idly at the floor with a distraught expression on my face.

 

“Erase it.” I demanded.

 

“No,” Junhong held his phone away from my reach and visibly saved the photo. “I like this picture.”

 

Ugh! Why does he have to make everything so difficult?

 

“Erase it now, Junhong.”

 

“Shiro, I’m saving it as my wallpaper right now.”

 

“You better not!”

 

“Too late, it’s been done.”

 

“Junhong!” I groused in a whiny tone, standing up on my tip-toes as I extended out my arm to grab the I-phone, but Junhong only held it higher above my reach; the smirk on his face widening teasingly.

 

Curse his tall stature!...And that stupid smirk!  I oughta smack it off his face!

 

“Call me ‘oppa’ and I might erase it. “ He offered amusingly and I nearly choked on my spit.

 

“W-what? Never!”

 

Junhong shrugged. “Then I’m ‘never’ erasing the picture.”

 

I groaned in annoyance as I reached even further for the phone, almost succeeding in grabbing it when I suddenly noticed how close we were. My face only a mere few inches away from his, and our bodies barely pressed up against one another…this is becoming a regular thing and I’m not liking it at all.

 

My cheeks began to heat up at the sudden realization as I hastily looked else where and Junhong (noticing every aspect of my obvious frustration) chuckled in response, his breath tickling the hairs of my neck as he did so.

 

No, no. This is not good for my health.

 

Junhong tilted his head to make eye contact with me and when I adverted my gaze once again, he cupped my pink cheeks with his free hand and forced me to look up at him.

 

“You’re acting weird again.”

 

“I-in a nice way?”

 

Junhong shook his head. “No, in an ‘I’m losing the game’ way.”

 

I hastily took a step back after I pried his hand from my cheeks, still refusing to look directly at him as I shook my head. “I’m not losing the game…”

 

“Yes you are.” He chuckled in an amused manner. “You’re crushing on me…hard.”

 

“I-I don’t have a crush on you!”

 

“See? You’re even stuttering. Sounds like you’re crushing to me.”

 

“I’m not!”

 

“Tell me, Chaerin. What do I get if I win this little ‘game’ of yours?” Junhong stepped forward, slowly closing in on me. “Money?...The satisfaction of winning..?” He leaned down teasingly, his face close to mine. “A kiss...? But then that’d be more a prize for you, wouldn’t it?”

 

TOO CLOSE. ABORT. ABORT!

 

“I-I’m gonna go now. Keep the damn picture, .” I sputtered angrily (in masked embarrassment) and hurriedly made an escape to my room.

 

I needed to get some fresh air to clear my mind of a certain blonde jerk and this red satin dress wasn’t exactly all that comfortable to walk in, so I quickly changed my clothes into something more suitable for a late night stroll before I skipped down the stairs to the foyer.

 

“I’m going out for a walk, I’ll be back soon.” I informed Ms. Choi and she smiled in return, telling me to be safe as I made my way out the front door.

 

It was a bit chillier than I expected, but I managed to keep myself warm, occasionally blowing hot air into my hands before I stuck them back in my jacket pockets. More thoughts about Junhong clouded my thoughts and I couldn’t help but question my feelings towards him.

 

They say that when you love someone, you begin to notice every little thing about them…does that mean that I love Junhong after suddenly noticing how attractive he is? It can’t be. What I feel towards Junhong is only a mere physical attraction…right?

 

…What is love in the first place? I have yet to experience it. I only know that it can hurt you…really bad. I don’t want to get hurt…

 

I groaned in frustration, running my fingers through my straitened hair before I kicked a nearby pebble on the sidewalk, sending it tumbling into the street. I had been walking for a while now, alone and a bit cold. The street lights flickered on and off every so often, not really providing much light to see where I was going, but when I finally reached the neighborhood park, I was assured that I wasn’t too far from home. However; just as I was about to turn around and leave, I heard a faint sound of sniffling and halted my movements.

 

Was someone crying?

 

I looked around briefly for the source of the saddening sound until my eyes landed on a figure sitting on the swing set. Curiosity took over me and I found myself walking over to the sobbing figure, feeling the need to comfort who ever it was (yeah I can be nice sometimes too).

 

“Wanna hear a joke?” I questioned, sitting down on the swing beside the stranger. The long hair and skirt helped indicate that she was a girl, because I honestly couldn’t tell at first considering that she had her face buried in her hands.

 

A little startled by my voice, the stranger quickly wiped her eyes, but kept her head down as she coldly replied, “Why would I want to hear a joke?”

 

“Hmm…” I began to draw small circles in the sand with the heel of my shoes as I pondered. “Then would you like to have a Mr. Flibble hug instead?”

 

“Who’s Mr. Flibble?”

 

“An insane sock puppet that can shoot deadly hex beams out of its eyes, wielded by a dead man in a gingham dress.” I answered casually.

 

There was a long pause of silence from the stranger (probably contemplating on whether I’m insane or not) before she finally spoke again.

 

“Why would I want a hug from a sock puppet that can shoot rays or whatever from its eyes?” She questioned rather agitatedly.

 

“Because, as weird as it sounds, a Mr. Flibble hug can make anyone feel better.”

 

“Why would you care whether I feel better or not?”

 

“I don’t. The sound of crying just really annoys me, so when I hear it, I try my best to put an end to it.” I answered, earning a nasty scowl from the girl when she finally raised her head to look at me.

 

I was going to tell her that I was just kidding; that I was just naturally prone to comfort someone in need of it (because I’m just that nice), but seeing that she was my childhood bully, Kim Minah, I opted to stay silent, suddenly hoping that she’d take it offensively.

 

What is she doing here? Oh god, don’t tell me she actually lives in this neighborhood too. My life just got a little bit sourer.

 

“Thank you.” I heard her mumble solemnly and I looked back at her in confusion. “I’m no longer sad…just annoyed.” She crossed her arms with a slight pout. “I guess your presence actually does make a difference.”

 

I smiled back in triumph, tenuously swinging back and forth on the swing. “You're welcome, brat.”

 

Minah’s face contorted in sudden realization  after hearing the nickname I’d given her back in our orphanage days, but before she could say anything about it, someone tapped me on the shoulder from behind.

 

Both Minah and I looked back to see an oddly familiar stranger (well, familiar to me), smiling down at me. He had two intimidating looking guys standing at his flanks wearing all black and I immediately started to feel as if something bad was about to happen.  

 

“Long time no see, clown girl.” The one that had tapped my shoulder greeted with a contempt smirk and soon as he did, I knew he had to be one of those guys that had confronted me and Jaehae a while ago. No wonder he seemed familiar.

 

I quickly stood up, Minah following suit as I took a cautious stance. “What do you want?”

 

“You’ve become a great asset to our boss, Chaerin.” He replied vaguely and I bore him a puzzled look.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean? And how the hell do you know my name?”

 

“One of my acquaintances told me.” His smirk slowly died down into a serious stare. “And it ‘means’ that you’re coming with us, conscious or not.” He then nodded once at the two guys beside him and they both began walking towards me and Minah.

 

“Yah, get out of here. Find some help.” I muttered to her as I took a fighting stance and she hesitated at first, but obliged to my demand when I assured her that I’d be fine on my own. I had to get rid of her; she’d only get in my way. I don’t need a potential hostage at my side.

 

Thankfully, they didn’t attempt to go after her, but now I was faced with the challenge of not getting myself caught. I haven’t fought for real in a long time, so I would probably be a bit rusty. I only hope that I will be able to defend myself well with the remaining of my fighting skills that haven’t completely rusted over.

 

When the shorter one of the two reached out to grab me, I reacted quickly and caught his arm, spun around, putting my back to him with his arm still in my grasp before I flipped him over my shoulder and onto the ground in one swift movement. However; I had to cut my small celebration of victory short when I felt the taller one grab me from behind. I jabbed my elbow into the attacker’s stomach, making him immediately release me with a pained grunt before I ran my fist across his jaw my hardest and finished him off with one of my deadly head butts, sending him down for the count. I guess I wasn’t as rusty as I thought I was.

 

“Well done.” I heard ‘leader guy’ clap amusingly and I turned around, meeting his half-hearted smile. “I’m impressed. I wasn’t aware that you could fight so well, but now it’s my turn.” His smile suddenly darkened. “This is your last chance to just come along without any complications. I assure you that I won’t be nearly as easy to beat as the other two if you decide to fight me.”

 

I rolled my eyes, deciding to take my chances. I wasn’t the type to back down no matter how hard the challenge and I was most certainly not going to start now.

 

“Fine,” Leader guy slowly began to make his way over to me as he cracked his knuckles. “Have it your way.”

 

I took a cautious step back, still holding my fighting stance as I got ready to throw my first blow, but halted when I heard someone frantically yell, “Oppa! There he is!” causing me and leader guy to look up towards the voice.

 

Minah had come back with one of the BAP members at her side armed with what appeared to be a gun!

 

“A gun?” Leader guy stepped back from me and held up his hands defensively. “How cheap.”

 

He didn’t look frightened or concerned. He still wore that same look of amusement. This guy is crazy! How could you not be frightened with a freaking gun pointed at you?! Minah looked scared just standing next to it.

 

“Come on, Doojoon. You should know by now that I’m all about being ‘cheap’.” Minah’s ‘oppa’ retorted as he cocked the gun.

 

Doojoon…? That was ‘leader guy’s’ name? The same guy that would take precautions into his own hands if Junhong doesn’t make whatever ‘decision’ that has to be made soon?...Was kidnapping me one of those ‘precautions’?

 

“Put the gun down and fight me like a man, Youngjae.” Doojoon demanded.

 

“What, so you can take yours’ out as soon as I’m unarmed? I beg to differ. How about you get the hell out of this neighborhood and never show your face here again, instead?” Youngjae replied with a scoff. ”I won’t hesitate to shoot you if you don’t comply.”

 

Doojoon chuckled briefly, but slowly began to back away along with his two goons that had gotten back up not too long ago and when they made it back to their car, they quickly drove off.

 

I sighed in relief. It was finally over…for now.

 

“Are you crazy?!” Youngjae suddenly snapped at me and I visibly flinched at the volume of his voice. “Doojoon's not somebody to with, and yet you tell Minah to run like you’re some kind of ‘hero’. You should have run away your damn self!”

 

“What, and have him chase me all the way back home, possibly endangering the rest of my family too?” I snapped back, earning an irritated sigh from him.

 

“I’m not in the mood for this. I got woken up this late to save your . You should be thanking me.” He huffed; pulling out his phone as he quickly dialed a number. His phone rang a few times before someone finally answered. “Yeah, hello? I found your little ‘girlfriend’. She’s here at the neighborhood park. I got here just in time too. Doojoon was here and apparently wanted to kidnap her.” There was an angry sputter of words on the other end when Youngjae paused, but I couldn’t really make out what was being said. “Well don’t yell at me, I didn’t make her come out here. Just hurry up and get your over here. It’s cold, I’m ready to go back to bed, and I still have to walk Minah back home.” Youngjae sighed once again after hanging up before he looked back at me. “Zelos’ pretty pissed that you were out here alone. Are you sure you two aren’t dating? It’s not often that he cares about a girl so much.”

 

“Am I- Am I sure?! I’m positive! I’d never date a jerk like him!”

 

“If you say so.”

 

The next eight minutes was filled with an awkward silence between the three of us as we waited for Junhong to make an appearance and when he finally did arrive, he spared no words, only grabbing me by the wrist as he began dragging me back down the empty sidewalk with him.

 

“Y-yah, Junhong! Let go, you’re hurting me!” I tried to pry him off and he tightened his grip in response.

 

I was sure that there would be a huge purplish bruise on my wrist later on.

 

“As I’ve said before,” Junhong suddenly said with his eyes still focused up ahead. “You really irk me, Chaerin.”

 

 

 

Let us all take a moment to ignore my horrible fighting descriptions.

Forgive me xD It's not exactly my strongest point, but eh i tried =P

Now lets take a moment to aknowlegde the fact that it didn't take me two weeks to update WOOT!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you subbies for putting up with a peasant like me. I love yew all ^O^ (And thanks to my readers that have upvoted me lol)

As always, welcome new readers! =D Comment/subscribe if you haven't already.

I'll see you all another time.

Peace~!