Family Gathering

You Aren't My Sister!

I trembled in fear; my eyes squeezed shut as the bed dipped a bit more. Junhong had probably climbed on, possibly stark . I wouldn’t know though, my eyes have been closed ever since mentioned me ‘making it up to him’.

 

I overdid it. I interfered with his ‘time of ion’ and now I’m going to get because of it. I should have just gone upstairs to my room when I still had the chance.

 

I started swinging my fists wildly in panic when I felt Junhong’s weight hovering over me, but he swiftly grabbed my wrists, pinning them over my head with one hand, however; I refused to give up so soon. I struggled my hardest to break free; kicking everywhere I could until he quickly sat on my legs with a low grunt.

 

“Will you stop struggling?” He growled in agitation, but I only increased my struggles.

 

“No! Let me go, you !” I shouted at the verge of tears. “Please!...Don’t do this!”

 

I can’t believe this is happening. I can’t believe Junhong would do something like this. This is a new low, even for him!

 

I squeezed my strained eyes even tighter (if physically possible), expecting to feel some kind of ‘inappropriate’ touching, but heard an amused chuckle instead.

 

…Is he laughing? Does he find this funny?!

 

Junhong’s amused chuckle soon grew louder into a throaty laugh as he released his hold on my wrists and my eyes flew open in a mixture of confusion and shock. He was still fully clothed and had one of the cheekiest smiles known to man plastered on his face. My eyes narrowed into dangerous slits at him as I felt my blood boil furiously.

 

He didn’t. He wouldn’t!

 

“YOU BASTARD!” I exploded, violently pushing the blonde off of the bed. Junhong only continued to laugh his off despite the pain he was in from the fall. “HOW DARE YOU EVEN JOKE AROUND AND DO THAT, YOU PIECE OF !”

 

“I told you, you were going to make it up to me and you did.” Junhong’s cheeky smile grew wider. “The look on your face was priceless.”

 

“I’LL KILL YOU!” I leaped towards him, throwing punches left and right, but he easily dodged all of them, the cheeky grin never leaving his face as he caught both my fists in his hands. “I didn’t know you could fight, Chaerin-ah. I thought you were all talk.” He smiled amusingly, cocking an eyebrow. “Why didn’t you use these skills against me before? Or did you actually want me to take advantage of you?”

 

I scoffed incredulously at his ridiculous remark, pulling my head back as far as I could before head-butting him my hardest. Junhong immediately released my fists with a loud yelp of pain as he clutched his now red and swollen forehead before focusing his gaze back on me with difficulty.

 

He shouldn’t be standing right now. My head-butts are brutal. His tolerance for pain must be high.

 

“I can’t believe you just head-butted me.” Another cheeky grin appeared on his face. “That was kinda hot.”

 

I rolled my eyes angrily and kicked him once in the groins before I made my way back to my room, locking the door after slamming it shut behind me. Junhong’s groans of pain were still audible even with the door closed, but I didn’t care. He deserved it!

 

I paced around my room angrily before belly flopping onto my bed, screaming my loudest into one of the pillows as I childishly kicked my legs.

 

How could he have done something like that? Has he gone mad?! He’s lucky I didn’t kill him on the spot!

 

Letting out a long sigh, I turned my head so my face would no longer be buried in the pillow and noticed what seemed to be an envelope resting on top of my nightstand. I lazily reached out to grab it, looking closely at the familiar horrible handwriting on the front of it that read:

 

To: Chaerin, From: Your Lovely Twins

 

Oh that’s right I had forgotten that I sent that letter to them. This must be their reply letter. I wonder who put it up here.

I opened the envelope with haste, pulling the paper inside before I began reading it silently.

 


 

Dear Chaerin,

       First of all, I would like to state that I, Goo Chihoon, am most definitely NOT ‘lovely’. Jaehae insisted writing that on the envelope and I was just not in the mood to argue about it with her (You know how she gets). Anyway, it’s good to hear that your life is basically a living hell. If I was there with you, I’d sing my ‘I was right’ song. You should have just lived with me and Jaehae when you still had the chance Chaerinnie. Now it’s too late. Don’t get disheartened though, like you said, I’m sure we’ll see each other again some day and when we do, we can go back to fighting like we usually do before Jaehae breaks us up. Well...I have nothing else to write but good look on your new life and I hope we actually meet up soon! I hate to admit, but I’ve been missing your manliness.

P.S: Get a freaking phone! I feel like a caveman writing to you like this. The lady who adopted you is loaded right? Ask her to get you a phone!

P.S.S: You should totally go with the live castration thing. ㅋㅋㅋ

Sincerely,

Your favorite twin


I smiled at the words written in front of me, chuckling darkly before going on to read second part of the letter. I’m really considering the live castration now since Chihoon recommends it.


 

Dear Chaerin,

      CHAERIN!!! (Oh god, here comes the drama) I MISS YOU!!! Comeback to me! It’s not the same without you! Chihoon has been even meaner to me since you left! Though, it’s not as bad as how this ‘Junhong’ guy seems to be treating you. What a douche! I hate him already!...But not enough for me to approve of you doing any of those ‘revenge schemes’. I’m serious Chaerin. Don’t do anything! Violence is not the answer! Maybe you should try to sort out your differences in an orderly manner and become friends instead. When you and Chihoon first met, you two didn’t like each other at all, but eventually with time and my help you two became the best of friends!...Even though you both still fight occasionally. Look, all I’m trying to say is that you should try to be nicer, and I’m sure he’ll do the same. Good luck Chaerin! I hope we’ll reunite soon!

P.S: Chihoon died his hair blue! I told him to. It’s my new favorite color and it surprisingly looks good on him.

P.S.S: I’m your favorite twin and not Chihoon, right?

With Love,

Goo Jaehae


I scrunched up my face in confusion at Jaehae’s words.

 

Be…nicer? To that devil? Pssh. As if. My hate for Chihoon when I first met him isn’t nearly as close to the amount of hate I have for Junhong now. Our relationship is unhealable. Especially after the ‘’ incident he just pulled. Like seriously, who does that?

 

I pulled out a sheet of lined paper from my desk and began writing to Chihoon and Jaehae, making sure I told them about how I’ve made new friends and how Junhong’s behavior has done everything but improve and when I was finished, I folded my letter in half and set it on the desk for later. 

 

“Chaerin? Are you in there?” I heard Ms.Choi’s voice from the other side of my door, followed by a few soft knocks and I quickly scurried over to let her in.

 

When had she come home? Any sooner and she probably would have witnessed me beating her son’s head in.

 

“Sorry, I locked the door, I was…changing.” How awkward would it be to explain that her son had just pretended like he was going to me and I was currently locked up in my room to prevent myself from killing him in the most gruesome of ways?

 

“Oh it’s no problem at all. Your privacy is just as sacred as mine. I actually came here to tell you something.” Ms. Choi smiled gently as she sat down on the edge of my bed. “You and Junhong won’t be attending school tomorrow.”

 

“Why not?” Not that it mattered to me. I could use a break from school.

 

“Well, since you are now part of the family, I think it is essential that you meet the whole family and not just me, Junhong and Daniel, so I arranged a family gathering for tomorrow. I would have done it later on, but everyone’s busy for the rest of this month, not to mention that you and Junhong are going to be away on that field trip next week…”

 

A family gathering? For me? That means that everyone’s attention is going to be on me. As much as I love attention, this is not how I want it. What they judge me? Wait, they are going to be judging me.

 

“Don’t worry, it’ll be fine. Everyone’s anticipating meeting you.” Ms. Choi reassured as if she had sensed my insecurities as a wide, creepy smile suddenly spread across her face. “Now I can do what I’ve always wanted to do…”

 

“W-what’s that?”

 

“A Makeover!” She clasped her hands with joy. “Not that you aren’t already beautiful enough, but it’s just been a long time since I’ve had someone to give make-over’s to and go to the spa with and all that girly stuff. I can’t do those things with Junhong.” She chuckled a bit at the thought.

 

“Well, who’d you do it with before?”

 

“Ah…” All the joy present in Ms.Choi’s face suddenly drained away from my question for a split second before it came back in a more forced manner. “Just someone important to me, but they went away a while ago…anyway, Hanuel just started dinner so I’ll come back and get you when it’s done.” She smiled halfheartedly before taking her leave with haste.

 

Who was this ‘someone’ that Ms. Choi seemed so uncomfortable talking about?

 


I slept pretty good without having to worry about waking up to go to school, so good that I didn’t even hear the sound of people barging in my room at 12:30am, rudely awakening me frommy sleep.

 

“Miss Hwang, wake up. We have lots to do and so little time before the family gathering.” A woman whose voice I didn’t recognize gently shook me until I opened my crust-filled eyes.

 

“W-what?”

 

“Come downstairs as soon as you can, Miss Hwang. We’ll be waiting.” The woman replied as she and the rest of the women with her took their leave.

 

Oh that’s right. Today’s the family gathering. So much for sleeping in late.

 

I slowly dragged myself out of bed and out into the hallway, coincidentally walking out just as Junhong was.

 

Welp, any time is as good as now to test out what Jaehae was blabbering on about.

 

“Good morning.” I greeted Junhong casually with a small smile.

 

Junhong only stared back at me with a slightly puzzled expression before mumbling a groggy “Hey…”

 

I smiled inwardly, continuing on with my ‘nice’ act. “How’d you sleep?”

 

“…Fine.”

 

“Well that’s great. You wouldn’t want to fall asleep during the family gathering.” I feigned another smile and attempted to leave, but Junhong held on to my arm and narrowed his eyes.

 

“What did you do to me?” He questioned in a serious tone.

 

“What do you mean? I didn’t do anything.”

 

“Then why are you acting all ‘weird’?”

 

“Jeeze. Relax, Junhong. I’m just being nice. Is it that hard to believe?”

 

“…”

 

“Okay maybe it is, but I’m honestly not up to anything.”

 

“Well, whatever you’re doing, stop it.” Junhong huffed in annoyance. “It’s more agitating than how you usually act.” He released my arm and continued on down the hall.

 

Okay now I really don’t get him. It annoys him when I’m being regular old mean, vexing, sarcastic Chaerin, but it annoys him even more when I’m trying to be nice? What the hell does he want from me?!

 

I scoffed petulantly, doing my usual morning freshening up routine before heading downstairs into the newly decorated foyer. Well it wasn’t really ‘decorated’. There was a few things changed here and there like the pearl-colored silk draping added o the stairs and the tan floors were re-polished and shined, but others than that, there was no real ‘change’. Not that I had any problems with that…except the floor polishing thing. I nearly slipped and fell on my trying to make my way across the slickened foyer.

 

“Oh there you are Miss Hwang! We have been waiting for you. There’s much to do and we don’t have much time! Ms. Choi told us to make you look stunning and we intend on doing just that.” One of the ladies from before grabbed my arm and led me up the east wing stairs.

 

Ugh. I really don’t want to do this.

 


I hate wearing make-up.

 

I let Jaehae do my make-up once and I ended up looking like a clown. It doesn’t suit me. I look much better bare-faced, and yet here I was getting my make-up done for the second time in my life. I just hope it doesn’t turn out as bad as I think it will.

 

“I think we did great.” The stylist working on my make-up flashed a content smile as she did a few finishing touches.

 

“Yes.” Another stylist agreed. “She’s perfect. Absolutely stunning.”

 

“We’re going to go get Ms. Choi. Just wait here, okay?” The make-up stylist smile again and then vacated the room along with everyone else.

 

Was what they said true? Did I really look that good?

 

Out of curiosity, I finally stood up from the chair after three long hours with difficulty (because of the four inch pumps I had on) before making my way over to the mirror hanging on the wall and I couldn’t believe the reflection that appeared in front of me.

 

My usually messy hair was now straitened and flowed in waves at the ends, my skin shinned radiantly in the light, and the long fake eyelashes complimented my brown eyes nicely. The stylists had toned down on my make-up, only putting a soft amount of red blush on my cheeks, a thin coating of eyeliner on my eyes and a shade of lipstick on my lips. My attire was a simple strapless, tightly-fitted, red satin dress that stopped a little above my knees, but still a pretty dress either way. It was as if I was staring at the reflection of a complete stranger, a beautiful stranger, and I couldn’t help but smirk cockily, my reflection following suit.

 

Damn. I am gorgeous.

 

“Hanuel, have you seen my motorcycle keys? I can’t find them in my room.” I heard Junhong’s voice question from behind and I furrowed my newly arched eyebrows in confusion.

 

Did I look like Hanuel from behind?

 

“No…” I turned around to face him.”I haven’t, and why would you need them anyway? You need to stay here for the family gathering.”

 

Junhong looked up after hearing my voice instead of Hanuel’s as he locked gazes with me. He was silent for a moment, but kept his composure as he casually replied, “I don’t want to be here. It’s pointless.”

 

Not the reaction I was expecting, but eh.

 

“Seeing your family is pointless?”

 

“…In my case, yes.” He replied as he turned around to leave, but I quickly grabbed his arm. “What?” He questioned in a slightly annoyed tone and I released his arm before stepping back a bit for him to get a better view.

 

“How do I look?”

 

I was really curious about his opinion. He hadn’t said anything before and he didn’t really have a reaction that could give away what he was thinking either.

 

Junhong’s eyes wandered over my physique briefly with a stoic expression before he met my eyes once again. “You’re flat, and you have no hips. To be honest, you look just plain weird.”

 

I narrowed my eyes back at him, crossing my arms over my chest to shield it from his view. “Good! I was trying to look like you today! Thank you for the constructive criticism!

 

“I see you’ve given up on that whole ‘nice’ act.”

 

“Yep. Since you’re still an even when I am being nice, why the hell should I bother?” I huffed in reply, stomping angrily towards the door and somehow ended up tripping over my own feet.

 

I had expected to fall face first to the floor, humiliated and hurt, but thankfully, Junhong’s long arms caught me mid-way and locked around my waist to help steady me. I looked up; our faces a little too close to each other and suddenly…I noticed everything. His warm brown eyes, his creamy complexion, his lips, how good that blonde hair actually looks on him, basically everything Alice told me and more.

 

This guy…he really is…

 

“Are you done staring?” Junhong smirked slyly. “Honestly Chaerin. If you wanted me to hold you, you should have just asked.”

 

…a cocky bastard!

 

I roughly pushed the blonde idiot off of me with a scoff, disregarding the stylist’s orders to stay put as I stormed out into the hall way, making sure I didn’t trip on my way down the hall until I spotted Ms. Choi and Daniel coming my way.

 

“OMO! You look so beautiful~!” She squealed. “I was just coming to get you while taking Daniel here to the bathroom. Everyone’s eagerly waiting for you to make an appearance.”

 

I’m not looking forward to that.

 

“Thanks. You look beautiful too.” I smiled back, looking over to Daniel who was standing beside her with an expression of disbelief on his face.

 

“Wow. You clean up nice, peasant girl.” He said sincerely and Ms. Choi lightly bopped him on the head.

 

“Be respectful to your noona!” She scolded before turning her attention back to me. “I have to go now, but in the mean time, head on downstairs. Everyone’s waiting.” Ms. Choi smiled as she and Daniel continued on down the hallway and I suddenly started to feel sick.

 

I wasn’t usually this nervous when having to meet mew people, quiet maybe, but never nervous. However; this was Ms. Choi’s family we were talking about here. All of them were filthy rich and successful with their lives and I’m just…a ‘peasant girl’.

 

What if they don’t like me? What if they thought that I wasn’t good enough to be a part of their family? As wrong as that sounds, it could happen. Would Ms. Choi then abandon me like my real parents did if that were the case? I hope she wouldn’t….I don’t want to go back there.

 

I swallowed audibly, my hands trembling in fear of the worse happening as I stood frozen near the stairs. There was a loud chatter heard from downstairs, a lot of people were here. That of course didn’t make me feel any better. Not knowing how long I was standing there, I took a step back, getting ready to just bail when I suddenly felt a warm hand slip into my trembling one, fingers gently entwining with mine. My eyes wandered up the tall figure that appeared to be wearing a suit until they stopped upon Junhong’s face. God did he look good in that suit. His hair messily styled up and out of his face and all- What. Am. I. Thinking?! Why am I suddenly having these weird thoughts for him..?

 

“…I thought you weren’t staying.” I said in almost a whisper. I was still a little shaken up from my nerves.

 

“Hush up and be thankful that I’m here.” Junhong gazed down at me, his face expressionless as he spoke. “My family is honestly not as bad as you’re picturing them to be so stop being such a scardy cat and relax.”

 

As crazy as it sounds, his words actually made me feel a bit better. I guess even a jerk like Junhong can be nice at some moments…even though he has a weird way of showing it.

 

I took in long breaths before exhaling them back out in an attempt to calm myself and Junhong pulled his hand out of mine, offering his arm instead. “We’ll go down together.” He mumbled with his gaze focused else where. I could tell that it bothered him to actually have a heart.

 

I smiled faintly at his attempt to not be a total for once and slipped my arm into his as we both slowly made our way down the east wing stairs one step at a time, my confidence depleting the closer we got to the crowded foyer and when we finally made it down, heads turned, conversations ceased, and some glares were seen…actually a lot of glares were seen.

 

I lowered my head to avoid the menacing stares, feeling like running back upstairs and locking myself up in my room, however; as I looked back up, I noticed that their glares weren’t directed at me, but at Junhong instead.

 

Why were they looking at him like that? I’d understand if it were me, but why him? They’re family, right?

 

“This is why I wanted to leave.” Junhong mumbled loud enough for only me to hear. “While I still had the chance…”

 

I gave him a puzzled look, opening my mouth to question what he meant, but before a word could leave my lips, a refined looking woman approached us and extended her hand out to me.

 

“Hello, Chaerin. I’m Kim Sohee, Daniel’s mother and your new aunt, but you can just call me Auntie Soh It’s a pleasure to finally meet you.” She smiled and I nodded back in response as she turned her focus to Junhong. “Hello, Junhong.” She greeted him simply; a cold indifference present in her tone and Junhong returned a small wave.

 

“I’ll be back later.” He muttered more to me than anyone else before he took his leave back up the west wing stairs. He looked so…disturbed.

 

I wanted to go up and confront him on the strange behavior from both him and his family, but just as I was about to turn around and follow him, two more people came and stood by Auntie Soh.

 

“This is my husband, Evan Lachapelle.” She gestured to the tall foreign looking man at her left before gesturing over to the younger looking one to her right. “And this is my other son, Kim Jongin.”

 

I shook both of their hands with a small smile before glancing back up the stairs. It didn’t seem as if Junhong would come back down anytime soon.

 


The next few hours was filled with me basically getting to know everyone, and just as Junhong said, they weren’t nearly as bad as I thought they would be. Despite their intimidating aura at first glance, they were actually very humorous and kind. They really made me feel as if I were a part of the family. Though I still wonder what could have made these kind people treat Junhong the way they did.

 

“Where are you going, Chaerin?” Ms. Choi questioned when she caught me trying to sneak up stairs and chuckled back awkwardly.

 

“To the bathroom.” I was actually going to go change my shoes. My feet are killing me and these pumps are doing nothing to help the situation.

 

“Oh, alright. Hurry back.” She smiled and continued to chat with others as I struggled up the west wing stairs and when I finally made it to my room; I nearly shed tears of joy.

 

I quickly sat down on my bed, kicking off the torturous pumps before I began rubbing my aching feet with a content sigh.  Jesus, it felt good to finally sit after so long.

 

“Hey there.” A voice startled me and I looked over towards the door to see who the voice belonged to.

 

“Oh, hi…Jongin, right?”

 

“Please. Call me Kai.” He insisted, a small smirk plastered on his plump lips as he pushed himself off the doorframe and languidly strolled into my room. “So…” He ran his fingers across my nightstand, suddenly interested with the small amount of dust that had collected there before he turned his attention back to me.  “…You’re the replacement, huh?”

 

I bore the tan-skinned boy a puzzled look. “…Replacement?”

 

“What? You mean you don’t know?” He said almost mockingly. It seemed as if he enjoyed the confusion on my face. “Well, I wouldn’t want to ruin the rest of your day, so I’ll just leave it at that, but if you’re really that curious to know, ask Junhong. Though, I’m not sure if he’d tell you the truth.” Jongin shot me a privy glance before he disappeared back into the hallway once again.

 

Replacement.

 

The word echoed in my head like a mantra. A replacement for what?

 

 

 

Heeeyy you beautiful readers~! I missed you all!

 

 

 

 

 

 

I finally updated!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here's a picture of Junhong in a suit to make up for my absence:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Annd since it's been so long I made my update a double update! =D (I just smashed it all into one because i'm lazy and I didn't want to make up another chapter name.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And now since i'm finally out of the horrible place called school, expect faster updates! =D (If my job permits.) 

Welcome new readers and comment/subscribe if your haven't already! Dont be a silent reader!

I'll see you next update~

Peace~