Chapter 7

Love Like This

His POV:


Kim Hyun Joong was at home, packing his things for the event at Japan that SS501 will depart to the next day. After he had packed his clothes and toiletries, he looked around his room trying to identify any other things that he ought to bring along. He then remembered that his final exam was just around the corner. Getting up from the floor, he went to get his school bag from the living room, where he left it there since the last few days. Going through the bag, he took a couple of books out. That was when he noticed the dark purplish book that wasn’t his. He put the book on the table and took his other note books back to his room. Satisfied with his packing, he zipped the bag and brought it to the entrance hall and left the bag at the side, where he can see it clearly tomorrow. He then went back to the living room, switched on the television, picked up the purplish cover book, make himself comfortable on the sofa and start to going through the book.


On the first page was the picture of So Hye Sung, the one he saw earlier when he picked the book up at his classroom. Underneath the picture were her name and probably her kitty’s name, and some scribble, ‘lost in their world, lost in his…’ he read in silent. He noticed that there a lot of stickers affixed on the page. He smiled, “Cute.”


He turned to the next page; there was a picture of a room that has a lot of posters hung on the wall and CD collections all over the bed. Scribbled below the picture was ‘my collections’. He looked closely at the picture. “Eee…that’s our posters!” he exclaimed. He flipped to the next page. There are more of those stickers and the stickers are pasted in between numbers, abbreviations and words. He understood the words but he can’t understand why the words are there.


For example, there were writings like ‘1 and then a sticker of books, followed by another sticker of a smiling frog, another sticker of a saw, the number 4 and then abbreviation of DL’. He can’t make it out what it meant.


He turned to the other pages. There are a lot of pictures of SS501 from magazine cuttings and newspaper clippings, reports of their activities. And he also noticed that there were a lot of those weird scribbling when the pictures of him alone are around.


“Is she cursing me? Or praising me?” he spoke aloud, expressing his confusion.


He flipped through the book and found a few pages that has a printed out writings pasted on them that has a lot of heart shape stickers and smiling frogs sticker glued on them. He read the printed article and to his shocked, it was his fan fiction writings that he published online while he was bored one day. The one where he wrote Jung Min was a sick, obsessed fan girl of his. And underneath the pasted article, the owner of the book wrote ‘I can’t believe he wrote this! He is so 4D. HSLY.’


He looked at the abbreviation, ‘HSLY. Why is that sound familiar? Wait a minute, isn’t that the nickname of the fan that Hyung Joon said that always send the weird message everyday?’ he suddenly realized.


“Are you the one, Hye Sung? You are our fan? If you are a fan, why do you run away from me every time? Am I the least likeable member of SS501? But if I’m the least likeable, why would she paste this fan fiction here?” he asked himself, “and why does this style of writings looked so familiar?”


He stared at the book, thinking hard why he found it was so familiar. Then he understood…the stickers! Hyun Joong put the book down and dashed to his room. He came back with his wallet. Pulling out a piece of paper, he put it side by side with one of the book entries.


“It is the same! The style and types of sticker that she uses are the same! Hye Sung was the one who sent me this letter? But what does this mean? She liked me before and not now? Why would she confessed to me a day before she left and never once tried to contact me back and now, after 4 years, she practically looked like she doesn’t know me and loathed me,” he cried out.


He turned back his gaze to the left, to the letter. He brought that letter everywhere he went, always in his wallet, all this years because he fell in love with the content of the letter. The letter captured his heart and it became his charm. He never got the chance to found out who was the writer ever since he got the letter at school, but now he knew. Is he to late? What happened in between that 4 years that made her changed towards him?