Chapter 23

Love Like This

His POV:

 

Laying on the sofa in the living room, staring at the ceiling with the television playing the popular variety show, 2 days and 1 night, his manhwa spread out on his chest, his mind was somewhere else; to the previous night, the night he went to meet Hye Sung’s parents for the first time. It was a few days after the New Year. At first he was shocked to find that Hye Sung’s house was very similar to the resort & spa used as Yoon Ji Hoo’s house, the character he played in the Boys Over Flowers drama when he sent Hye Sung home after their movie and dinner date.


“This is your house? But, this is like the house they use in Boys Over Flower,” he exclaimed, surprised by the familiar surroundings.


Hye Sung nodded her head, “Yes. After they aired the drama, I, well, I asked my dad to renovate the house to look like your house in the drama but only on the front part and the landscape. I’m a bit spoilt, I know.” She hung her head low, embarrassed by what she had just proclaimed.


Hyun Joong looked at her and shook his head, “You’re out of control with all this. It’s a waste of money. Why did you ask your dad for something like that?” Having worked since an early age to earn money by himself so that he will not be a burden to his family, he really felt annoyed by what rich kids like Hye Sung did in wasting their parents money.


“I know what I did was wrong and spoilt, but I’m trying to make it up to them, you know. I promised to study hard and helped out at home and earn my own money by working too,” Hye Sung said, trying to defend herself, just to cover her image a bit in Hyun Joong’s eyes.


Hyun Joong patted her head and said, “Be sure you don’t act all spoilt anymore. Your parents have done their best to let you have a wealthy life, just be more understanding and appreciative.”


Bobbing her head up and down, Hye Sung looked at him, “I don’t normally ask for something like this, but things always happened when it involves you and SS501.”


He was shocked to hear her words. “SS501 and me? Then, I shouldn’t act as rich people anymore. I don’t want to burden your parents.”


Hye Sung laughed at his comment. Seeing her laugh, he smirked. He like listening to her laugh since she seldom does so. ‘I just have to make her laugh a lot more. Whenever she laughs the feeling of happiness swept by me and I like that.’


He didn’t meet her parents that night but a couple of days later, a day after his MVIO photo shoot, he made his visit, bringing a basket of fruits and two packs of bird nests. Smiling, he remembered how her parents was very happy greeting him as if they had known him for a long time which made him really awkward and a bit embarrassed by the affection.


“So, finally I managed to meet you in person. I have been seeing you in the television shows and Hye Sung’s posters all these while. You have no idea how many times I have seen you in the shows. She keeps watching them over and over again. Not to mention talking about you all the time. It seems that I already know you,” her mother chattily expressed her feelings towards him.


Hye Sung ran across to her mother and hugged her, “Eomma, please stop. Are you trying to embarrass me here?”


Her dad who sat beside her mother laughed at Hye Sung’s outburst, “And not to mention how she begged me to let her direct the MP3 CF shoot and ask for your group to be the spoke person. I have tried a long time to ask her to call you guys for the CF but she always denied my request and all of a sudden she came and begged me for it every day for a week.”


“Appa, please…the two of you are killing me here. Hyun Joong ah, let’s go to the back of the house. We have a fish pond there. If you want, you could fish there as well, and stay away from in here,” she grumbled, eyeing her parents who are still laughing at her.


Hyun Joong chuckled at what have been told by her parents and her idea to stop him from hearing a lot more about her from her parents. ‘So, she have been behaving like this all the time. And the CF shoot, it was her idea. If she had declined her father’s offer before, why did she beg afterwards? Ha…must be because of the journal. She must’ve suspected one of us have it.


Hye Sung stood in front him when he didn’t say anything about her request to go to the backyard. “Hyun Joong ah, let’s go. Please?”


Looking up to her, he smiled, “I’m sorry aemonim, abeonim…your daughter wanted me to follow her.” Her parents just laughed and told him to go with her to the backyard and feed the fish.


His phone rang suddenly and woke him up from his daydream of the meeting. He got up from the sofa and stretched his body before taking out his phone from his khakis. ‘Just the person I have been thinking about,’ he said to himself, smiling widely.


“Yeoboseyo? Hye Sung ah…been thinking of you. What? Today? I have a photo shoot with Yoon Eun Hye for Basic House at 12. Wae? Help you to buy presents for your cousin’s birthday? Sure. Well, it would probably finish at 6. Ok, I’ll pick you up at your house. See you soon.”