[Oneshot] just when you think it's over (it starts again)

Before I Forget
Please log in to read the full chapter

Had Yoochun been forewarned that he would be vying for a woman's attention against his friends, he would not have been so surprised. But there he sat alone in a coffee shop looking down at his phone, aghast painted over his face.

He had finished calling each of them, about to ask if anyone was free and if they wanted a drink. He hadn't planned on treating but as Cassie, Jae and Yunho declined because of a thing or another Sophie-related, he had no choice but to pull out the big gun. But even Changmin declined. The maknae saying, I'll pass hyung (and we have to be clear on this, he passed on food) was a surprise in itself but to hear I'm having coffee later with Sophie noona nearly deflated his ego.

But never mind, he still had Junsu. His brother wouldn't say,

Aww hyung, Sophie noona and i are supposed to go to the soccer match now. Sorry! Next time?


But he did.


And he didn't even invite him!


So he huffs out a sigh and lays his phone down disbelievingly. This was far from what he had in mind. Sophie was supposed to be an extension of the group, somebody everyone could be with. Why does it look like she's being monopolized by them? What about him? He frowned.

 

 

~#~#~

He was still frowning, mightily now too, the next night when everyone miraculously had time to go for drinks. There was a small bar downtown that Sophie discovered a week ago and everyone was just eager to check it out. It was something of an open mic night and the crowd grew steadily.


Most of the people seemed to know each other, and the ones taking advantage of the open mic were pretty good. It wasn't long before Junsu was up there singing I Have A Lover and turning heads. When he was done, the crowd shouted for another and he shyly declined.


Sophie cheered for him the loudest and shifted to make space for him when he came back.


"I didn't know you could sing like that."


"He was showing off to his noona."


"Well, call me impressed," she laughs, giving him a double thumbs up.


To Yoochun's ever growing surprise, the second maknae blushed.

When drinks came, Yunho served her first. Jaejoong was chatting her up over mountain climbing and Cassie joined in saying they should definitely go while the weather isn't so hot. Camping sounds like a good idea too. Changmin ordered two cinnamon buns, and gave a whole one to her. Junsu, well he was just openly fawning over said noona. He had to laugh, head shaking.


"What?" Sophie asked, leaning to her right where he sat, an arm draped across the back of her chair.


"You practically have them wrapped around your finger." He said, tugging at her hair.


"It's one of my charms. Weren't you my first victim?"


He shrugs, "Spell's waning off."


"Oh no, we can't have that," she mock gasped. "I should let you drink my blood now, huh?"


"I drink nothing besides Grade A material." He proceeded to bare his 'fangs'.


"Que horreur," her eyes were wide, hand on her chest. "No wonder you've been such a prick."


He tugs her hair a little harder, and she's quick to retaliate with a bite on his wrist. Yoochun hisses while she glares playfully at him.


"That's almost hot," they hear Jaejoong comment from across them.


"Should i get a room for them?" Junsu asks, then nods a second later. "I probably should."


"Well, if we're into biting now I'd like to join the club." Yunho angles his face, the side of his neck exposed to Sophie. "If you please."


What should have been an amused reply from her is halted when her phone rings and she had to leave to take it. Yoochun throws peanuts at his hyung.


"Did you just --" Yunho was in disbelief. "Ya!"


"Back off, hyung."


"I'm not even doing anything!"


"You've been hoarding Sophie since last week. If she's biting anyone tonight, it would be just me."


The beat of silence that followed was telling. .


"Oh my god," Cassie laughed so hard Jaejoong jumped beside her. "You're jealous!"


Yoochun felt heat rise up his face. He was not going to let them bully him into this.


"No."


"You are."


"No."


They were doing that oh-but-you-so-are kind of smile and he cursed himself again,


"I'm just saying she had work and you people kept bothering her with going out and it left little for said work and --"


"You," They almost simultaneously supplied.


Okay, he wal

Please log in to read the full chapter