Why does it matter anyway?

Is this really just pretend?

 

 

 

He led to them to a nearby park, their hands still together in a tight hold. Jongup blushed. Daehyun was still holding his hand and the thought made the younger feel like jelly.

They were approaching a swing set and they both sat down. Daehyun let go of Jongup’s hand and Jongup, although a bit upset, swung his legs back and forth swinging himself lightly. He couldn’t bring himself to look at the other, so he kept his focus on his lap as he swung. Daehyun watched the brunette quietly. A smile crept onto his face and he took Jongup’s hands.

“Jonguppie, we’re friends right?” Daehyun asked with a serious look on his face.

Jongup seemed to choke on air. His face was flushed and he looked at the older in surprise. Daehyun smiled.

“Is it alright if I call you that? It’s such a cute nickname and I thought it went well with a cute guy like you” Daehyun said

Immediately Jongup shot up from the swing and retracted his hands from Daehyun’s. He couldn’t take it, the clenching in his chest. The blush on his face darkened and now even his ears were red.  

“uhh…uh… we just met.” He responded silently. The blond laughed.

“Okay, I’ll take that as a no. But I really want to be friends so I’d really like to get a chance to know you. Would you like to spend the day with me?” He got up and offered his hand. After a moment of hesitation, Jongup gave Daehyun his hand. Jongup just couldn’t reject his offer. The latter smiled and they rose to their feet and headed to a café to eat at.

~~~

Jongup ate his cake as Daehyun blabbered about random subjects. Like how he liked to sing, how he enjoyed eating cheesecake about five times a day, and stuff like that. It wasn’t as awkward as he thought it would be. It was comfortable to Jongup. Daehyun’s excessive talking really made up for Jongup’s lack of it.

“So enough about me, what about you? What do you like to do?” Daehyun asked sipping his coffee.

“…I like to dance” Jongup said gently. It was true. The boy loved to dance. He and Zelo would practice on the weekends and make up new moves. But never had he showed or presented his skills to anyone. Even though Zelo and Yongguk had pestered him to try out for the school’s dance team or the talent show, Jongup just didn’t have the guts for it. And now he’s wondering why he’s telling Daehyun one of his secrets.  

It’s probably just because he seems really nice and trustworthy. Jongup thought

“That’s amazing. You should really show me sometime” he winked

“Uh okay” Jongup smiled for the first time. He was starting too really like Daehyun now (as a friend) and would really like to dance for him. Jongup though, did find something weird. Why was Daehyun being so friendly and chummy when yesterday he was all flirty and asking him out? It didn’t make sense but all he knew was that Daehyun was a nice guy and he liked being around him.

They finished their food and walked out of the café. They walked around the park again and talked about some more random things. The brunette was opening up more to Daehyun now.

As they were talking, they accidently bumped into someone. Jongup bowed and apologized. He looked at the tall handsome guy in front of him. Sure he wasn’t as good looking as Daehyun, but sure enough he was a close second.

“Oh! Hello Daehyun nice to see you!” the stranger said. He looked at the Jongup with surprise in his eyes then looked at Daehyun.

Jongup noticed his face twitch a bit before curling up into a smile. One that Jongup found kind of scary.

“Hey Himchan hyung. It’s nice to see you too. This is Jongup.” He said and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. Himchan looked at the shorter one and for some reason, Jongup felt embarrassed. He looked away and played with his fingers. What a bad habit he had.

“Nice to meet you Jongup. You’re… really cute.” Himchan said with a smile.

“Thanks. It’s nice to know that my boyfriend’s cute.” Daehyun smirked. “Well it was nice seeing you, but my Jonguppie and I need to get going. I’ll see you around. Bye hyung” he grabbed a baffled red Jongup, turned around and left a heartbroken looking Himchan by himself.

~~~

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Did you see the look on face when I said that!? Priceless!”  Daehyun was laughing up a storm while they were walking to Jongup’s house. Jongup, face no longer blushing, was lost. What had just happened? He was certainly not Daehyun’s boyfriend. Why would he tell Himchan that? Daehyun noticed Jongup’s puzzled face and silent treatment.

“I’m sorry for what happened back there. Let me explain. So that guy back there, Himchan, was my old friend from high school. I guess he still thinks of us as friends, but I don’t think that way. I hate him. He took my girlfriend away from me. He knew I loved her. But he still took her.” Daehyun sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

‘I’m sorry.” Jongup said. Honestly he didn’t know what to say. This Himchan guy sounded like a real jerk, but he didn’t know why he was involved.

“No it’s okay” Daehyun smiled and Jongup’s hair tenderly. The younger reddened at the elder’s gentle touch. “Well anyway, I knew he had an interest in you. A while ago I heard him talking to his friends about you and how he noticed you or something like that.”

Jongup froze. He knew where this was going, but he was hoping it wouldn’t go that way.

Please please please don’t say it

“So I was wondering…would you go out with me? Just pretend?” Daehyun asked with hope in his eyes.

Jongup’s world came crumbling down. No wonder the other’s actions were so strange. First the spontaneous confession, then the whole “let’s be friends” thing just so Jongup would trust him, and then the hurtful truth that this was all an act to get back at someone. Jongup wasn’t stupid. He could put the pieces together. He couldn’t help but feel sadness well up inside of him. So was all of Daehyun’s kindness fake? Was he just acting? He really thought they could be friends…

“I’m sorry! Why are you crying?” Daehyun asked and wiped the boy’s tears. Jongup brought his hands up to his face and felt the wet waterfalls steaming down. He felt so dumb. Why was he even crying? He barely knew Daehyun to feel this way.

“No it’s not you… I j-just remembered something really sad and uh I guess t-that’s why I’m crying” he lied. Daehyun sighed in relief and continued to wipe the boy’s tears much to the other’s disagreement.

After a while of awkward silence, Daehyun asked Jongup again

“Jongup, please, help me out. Will you please pretend date me to get back at Himchan?” Daehyun begged.

Jongup looked at Daehyun, his chest hurt again, but this time it wasn’t the same as it was this afternoon. It was much different and hurt a lot more. But being the kind person he is, he couldn’t not help a person in need. And to be truthful he liked hanging out with Daehyun Sure they were would pretend to date, but that didn’t mean they couldn’t be friends. Right? So before answering, he took a deep breath.

Why does it matter anyway? I don’t even like him that way…

“S-sure. Why not?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

*bangs head on floor and asking for forgiveness* this was such terrible chapter and i apologize. I just really wanted to update as soon as possible! Please forgive me!!! *bangs head some more*

Anyway I hope you guys are enjoying the story and anticipating what's going to happen. If anyone finds this confusing so far or anything please comment! I will change/ add it to te next chapter (probably)

Please dont hate daehyun! just please dont.

And thank you for the 31 subscribers and such wonderful comments. Thanks for puking rainbows and unicorns ^^ I love it.

Bye!~ and i'll try to update again soon!