Coincidence

Triumph over Vengeance.

The first day of classes was finally over, but I'd already received a decent sum of homework. I also noticed that this school had covered some subjects my old school wasn't at yet, so I had some catching up to do. I decided to head to the library. It's the first day, so I didn't expect to find anyone there.
It took a bit of wandering before I found it, but eventually I made it in the library. It was magnificent, as expected of such a school. I could see rooms branching from the side of the library that lead to computers. At one of the tables there were two people talking over an open workbook. I always thought you weren't meant to talk in the library, but I guess they thought it was ok since no one else was here.


I made my way to one of the other tables, and glanced at the pair again. They were male, and one of them looked familiar to me. I would have sworn I'd seen him somewhere...
At that moment, he stopped talking to his friend and glanced at me, I suppose he noticed my gaze... how awkward. I moved to take my books out and get started on my studies, when he spoke.
"Yah!"
I froze. Was he talking to me? We just met, why was he being so rude..?
"Yah..!"
I looked up. "Yes..?" I asked. He gestured for me to come over, so I did.
He scrutinised my face. "You look familiar....." He said after a moment.


So we had met before, I thought he seemed familiar too. He continued, "Ah, I remember! You're Kim-Ssi's new step-daughter." He suddenly had a bit of a scowl, but quickly changed his expression to a bright one. "I'm Woohyun, it's a pleasure to meet you!" He grinned, "And this is my buddy Sunggyu." I was surprised how quickly this 'Woohyun' person's mood could change. I turned to greet his friend, but he was still glaring... or was he? His eyes looked like a glare, but his mouth was smiling. "And this is Minhee," Woohyun added. I nodded to the glaring friend.


"You still don't recognise me?" He said, "I don't blame you, you must have met a lot of people at the workplace. I met you over the summer break, I work for Kim-Ssi when I have time."


I suddenly remembered my step-father introducing us among many others, but Woohyun really should have stood out for me. He was one of the youngest there, but he was in a part time position with a lot of responsibility. My step-father even told me he had been considering training Woohyun to take over the business after his son left the company. But that changed after I joined the family.


"Join us," he prompted, gesturing to the seat across the table from him. I would have sworn his friend Sunggyu was still scowling at me, the smile was gone. I felt a bit nervous, but I sat down anyway. I glanced at the book that was open between them as I pulled out my own worksheets. It looked really complicated, I was no idiot but I wasn't quite sure what the book was on. Sunggyu seemed to be explaining it to Woohyun. I figured he must be smart, and hid my worksheets a little as I tried to work on them.


We didn't speak much, but Woohyun offered me a snack and was very friendly. He tried not to bother me too much so I could do my work, when he noticed I'd made an error.


"Ah, Minhee. You need to switch those around," he said, pointing to my working out.
"Thanks," I said with a smile. "My old school hasn't covered any of this yet, so I'll admit I'm a little lost."


For a moment, I thought I saw something like disgust on his face. Did he not like people who weren't genius's like himself and Sunggyu? But it was gone so fast, I thought I must have imagined it.


"You know what, Minhee, we're here most days so do feel free to come join us and I'll help you out." He grinned.


Woohyun was certainly being nice to me, and I couldn't understand why. Maybe it was because I was now related to his boss. Either way, I was thankful for any help I might get. This school wasn't easy..!


Suddenly he ruffled my hair a little, "I'll see you here tomorrow?" He asked, and I nodded. "It's a promise, then!" He winked, before leaving with Sunggyu. I turned back to my work, and decided to leave as well as soon as I finished this sheet.

- - - - - - - - -

***A/N: I just noticed... grandpa didn't say anything.

Oops.

o A o;;