Standing In The Dark

Taeyeon One Shot Collection | Taeyeon's Intimate Note

" I love you too, goodbye love. " 

She unwillingly to go, but she knowthat this time is not up to her again


Sitting here wide awake, thinking about when I last saw you
I know you’re not far away, I close my eyes and I still see you
Lying here next to me, wearing nothing but smile,~ 

Once again Jessica end up in same place. Its been her new hobby for couple of week. There’s nothing special, beside that she been comeback to this particular café only to standing across the street and watching over someone, a very ordinary but pretty girl who worked in that bakery. She don’t know how she end up in the café for first place. She not even know the girl, but she somehow feel attached to her. Emotionally. She feels full each time she look at her, even from a far. The girl give warm in her heart, something that she forget how it feel.

Today that girl is baking something, a cookie. She wore cute pink t-shirt with flower lace on each arms. She look so serious when she trying to decorate every each of cookie and it makes Jessica chuckles when watching every expression she made. Oh how she wish just have enough brave to walk across the street and say simple word, like ‘hi’ to her. Jessica bite her lips as she ponder if she should do that or not, but like the other day she end up forgetting her plan and just continue watching her.

“ Back here again Jessica? “ someone suddenly appear behind Jessica, startled the girl from her staring. Jessica turn he heard to see the person only give him a rolling eyes as she turn her head back to the café.

“ Should I ask you same question? Why you following me? “ Jessica ask in unfriendly manner to the tall man who now lean against street lamp post and follow Jessica eyes to see the girl who working across the street.

“ I’m not following you, how can I when you always comeback to same place, here. “

Jessica ignoring him, she pretend to not notice that he around as she try focus on that girl instead who now served customer who buy the cookies from her. Jessica smile when she see the girl cute way of talking and serving. Should she go there and buy some cookies from her too?

“ Do you think she will notice you who only staring at her from across the street? “ the man talk again and it bring frown to Jessica lips when listen to his words, “ One day you will see her with some guy or girl, walking hand in hand and all you can do is staring. “

“ Shut up. “ Jessica said as she feels her mood suddenly down, thanks to him.

The man sigh and walk closer to Jessica, “ Then go to her, its almost a month Jessica, you owe yourself that. “ he said to her. “ And maybe we can finally go. “ he mumble his last word so that only him  can hear it.

Jessica now contemplate again after listen his word this time. “ What do you think she will do if I approach her..? “ Jessica ask to no particular person, more like she asking to herself.

“ I don’t know, for sure she will finally talk to you, and if you brave enough you might ask her number, or if you lucky you can ask her to walk her home. “ he said all good possibly things to her, when he actually know what would happen if she approach her, but he will not say that to her, not yet, its Christmas night after all, he want she feel at least happy when they leave.

Jessica still staring at the girl and finally with last push, she decide to go to her. “ I will talk to her. “ she said before take a deep breath and walk across the street. To the girl who stole her heart.

The man only nod his head as he watch Jessica walking inside café, a mysterious wistful smile appear on his face.

Jessica never feel so nervous in her life, she always been brave girl, but right now she almost can’t feel her legs. The girl she been longing for is only a meter away from her, all she need to do is walk in front of her and say simple ‘hi’ but seems so hard to do.

The girl now is stand in front of cashier area, a couple just buy her freshly baked cookies. Jessica slowly step closer to her, she grateful that there’s not much customer on the café tonight, so she can take as much time she need to able to reach to the girl.

When the couple gone, Jessica finally reach the girl, close enough to see her face very clearly. Jessica is holding her breath as her eyes running at every inch of the girl face. She so beautiful, she thought when suddenly the girl turn to her and see her right into her eyes.

Then suddenly a rush memory come into her mind. Memory of her and the girl. She finally knew why the girl is so familiar to her. Why she so attached to her. A warm tears fall on her cheek as she remember the first time she met the girl. Her hand slowly rise to reach the girl who still look at her blankly. She stretching her hand to hold on to her face but she feels nothing as her hand goes through her.

“ Jessica, its enough. “ a familiar voice said from behind her.

Jessica still try to touch the girl as she move her hand slowly to her face but in the end she give up and just stare at the girl. “ I remember. “ she said to the man with trembling voice. “ I remember everything.. her.. my past and how I end up here. “

He silently sigh as he knew what she talking about, sometimes he hate his job so much just because something like this. There’s people that he thinking supposed to live happily ever after, but their fate said otherwise. He feels little bit guilty to ruin the girl happiness, when it’s not really his fault.

“ I miss her so much.. “ Jessica said again and this time he let his feet walk closer to her.

“ I know. She also miss you. “ he said to her, to comfort her, but this time he tell the truth.

“ H-how do you know? “ Jessica wipe her tears and glance at him who now standing beside her.

“ Believe me, I just know. “ he smile to Jessica and let her stare at girl for couple seconds before saying, “ Jessica it’s time. “

Jessica unwillingly to go, but she know that this time is not up to her again, so she nod her head before lean closer to the girl ear, whispering word ‘I Love You’ to her and wish she can hear her just for last time.

After that she don’t know how, she back stand at across the street. She watching the girl for last moment, before turn and walk to the man who waiting for her at corner of street, then both of them silently goes through darkness of night.

Meanwhile inside the café, the girl still staring blankly into the air in front of her. She feels something pull string on her heart and she don’t know why.

“ Tae? Taeyeon. “

“ Yah Kim Taeyeon! “

The girl startled by the loud voice and a smack at her back and turn around to look at her friend slash co-worker who look at her back with grinning on her face. “ Is that necessary? “ she protest as she glare at her.

“ Sorry, I’ve been calling you this past five minutes and you just froze. Are you trying do mannequin challenge just now? “ her friend teasing her but then suddenly arched her eyebrow when she notice a tears on Taeyeon’s cheek.

“ Yah are you crying? “

Taeyeon blinks at her confusedly before reach up to her cheek, only realize that she indeed crying. “ I don’t- “ she stop talk when her friend cut her.

“ Are you thinking about her again? “ ask her friend.

Taeyeon not answer her and just goes silent. Her friend, Sunny, sigh and leave her work to console the girl. “ Tae you really should move on. Its been six month since Jessica.. “ she paused a bit before continue with low voice, “.. gone. She will sad if she know you become like this. “ Sunny said as she hugs Taeyeon and caress her back.

Taeyeon sigh as she know what her friend talking about, ever since the accident, she never been same. Since Jessica dead she never been whole.

“ Do you know what she will said if she see you moping around like this? “ Sunny ask as she try to cheers her up, Taeyeon smile as she nod and recall what her beloved once do to cheers her up.“ She will run across the street and screaming ‘Taeyeon mansae’ until you get embarrassed. “

Taeyeon laugh when she remember Jessica unique way to cheers her up, automatically her eyes goes to across the street where she almost can see Jessica running around with wide smile on her face, screaming how much she love her to every people who want listen to her.

Once again a tears fall on Taeyeon cheek but this time she promise will be last time, because from now on she will try cherish Jessica by remembering her free and lovely spirit.

“ Go back to work now, we close soon its Christmas night Taeng,~ “ Sunny pats her before back to her station, baking another cake.

Taeyeon nod and take a breath as she continue working at her new cookies, but then once again her eyes land on place across the street and smile as she whisper her last goodbye to her beloved, “ I love you too, goodbye love. “

I’m standing in the dark, she’s dancing on the table
I’m looking through the glass, she’s someone else’s angels
It may sound stupid that I want you back, but I want you back girl
And now I’m standing in the dark,~

FIN

 


an : ey I finally update this story haha I get inspire when listen Lawson - Standing In The Dark, its good song I recommend it^^ I wish next story not wait too long, meanwhile, enjoy! ps - merry christmas, hohoho!