Promise

Taeyeon One Shot Collection | Taeyeon's Intimate Note

 

Note : Italic ---> Flashback

 

 

 

“ Remember, when I was younger, I said to you that I will always be here and never leave you..? but I think after this.. I.. I’m afraid I will break the promise.. “ 

 

Never said promise if you knew you can't keep it..

 

 

 

 


 

 

Taeyeon sit inside her brand new car. Her eyes keep staring at one house right across her car parked now. She sighed couple time as she still don’t have courage to get inside.

“ Stupid.  Pabo. Idiot. Moron. “ she muttered as she hit her head before slummed it to the wheels and groaned frustrated. She feel so guilty right now. She wish she can choose not to go on the business trip before and be here instead. She really need time machine now!

Taeyeon is number one business woman in Seoul. She young, smart, talented, charismatic and rich. She everything man and woman want as their partner but she can’t do anything about it because she already engage.. with her work. Yes she workaholic, her job is her passion. She might be have everything in her life and talented in every aspect but only one she lack off.. Love. It’s not like she never tried, she have a lot woman and some man before and all of them is great people, just she too attached too much to her work and make them leave her alone at the end.

Taeyeon take her phone out. Her finger fiddle on the device as she can see clearly the countless call of miss call. And all is from one person.

“ Aish that girl. I wish she don’t have phone. “ Taeyeon said before sighed again but suddenly her phone ringing. Someone call her. Taeyeon look at the caller name but it only make her eyebrows arched.
“ Hello? “ she answer the phone but only get the silent. “ Hey I know you- “
“ I hate you! “

Suddenly someone cut her words.  Taeyeon close her eyes and try to calm.
“ I know but- “

“ It’s your fault! You make her sad. I hate you! “

Taeyeon words got cut again but this time she start lose her patient.

Aish this kid!

“ Hey young lady watch your mouth okay now give- “

Taeyeon groaned in frustrated as her words got cut again but this time because the caller cut the line. She almost hit the phone to the wheels if someone not knock on her window car. She turn look at the person and open her car window.
“ Hey. “ she said at the person outside.

“ Hey. “ the person smile to Taeyeon as her eyes look at her with worry yet still there’s visible aegyo on it. “ You missed it. “ she said to her.

“ I know. I’m sorry. “ Tayeon said guilty.

“ Oh I’m not the one who you should ask apologize Tae.”

“ But I.. I.. “ Taeyeon try find some words to say but she just slump her shoulder down as she can’t find any.

“ Fine. “

“ Good. “ she rise her hand to pats Taeyeon head softly.
“ Is she okay? “

“ She upset but I guess she okay. “

Tayeon only can nods her head as she heard the words from that person.
“ Don’t blame yourself much. Just go to her and apologize. Okay? “ 

“ But- “

“ Just do it. “ that person cut her words and give Taeyeon quick peck on her forehead before walk away.

“ Sunkyu ah~ “ Taeyeon call her best friend softly. Almost inaudible but the latter still can hear her. She turn around and just look at Taeyeon questioning.

“ I’m so sorry.. about what happen to us.. “

Sunkyu or Sunny, which she prefer you call her smile softly and walk back to Taeyeon.

“ Taeyeon ah, forget it, it’s long time ago. I move on, we move on. “ Sunny said softly as she recall what happen in past..

                             

 

...

 

“ I love you.. Kim Taeyeon.. “ Sunny eyes shut close as she finally have courage to said what her feel toward her best friend. She never knew she can fall deep, with her friend. It’s not she try not too, she knew she always have special feeling to  the latter, but she never know that it’s love until couple days ago.

Sunny waiting for the answer from her fellow shortie friend but it never come. So she open her eyes and only see how Taeyeon is too immersed with the newspaper she read right now.

She sighed and waves her hand to her.
“ Tae. “

“ … “

 “ Tae do you hear what I said? “

“ The B company lose their profit because wrong strategy hehm gotta be careful later.. “

Sighed and having mood down, Sunny take a the fork and purposely throw it on her plate hard. Making very loud clattering but finally catch Taeyeon attention.

Taeyeon avert her eyes from newspaper and look at Sunny with eyebrows rise.

“ Er.. are you okay? “

“ No. I’m not okay. “ Sunny answer her coldly.

“ Okay.. “ Taeyeon confuse with her sudden change because 10 minutes before Sunny still all over her throwing a lot aegyo.

“ How could you do that? “

Taeyeon confuse about what her best friend trying to said. “ What..? “ she ask her confuse.

“ I’m sitting here in front of you, tremble, because I just confess about how I fall to my own best friend.. and you not listen any of it..?  “ Sunny look at her disbelief.

Taeyeon completely blank after hear what Sunny said. Her brain, try to recall if she hear any words from her best friend. But  no, all his head can remember is how to prevent wrong strategy to her company.

Taeyeon cleared before she start speak.

“ So.. you fall with your own friend? “ Taeyeon ask as she look at Sunny reaction, but she got none so she keep talking. “ That’s good.. “ she smile widely. “ Who is it? “

Right after she finished the sentences Sunny get up and scream frustrated before leave her completely confuse about what happen.

 

...

 

 

“ But I still feel that I treat you bad.. “

Take a deep breath, Sunny open the  car door and pull Taeyeon out from it.

“ Come out and let me hugs you. “ she said before embracing Taeyeon warmly.

“ I love you.. “ Taeyeon softly said as she buried her face on Sunny shoulder.

“ I know. “ Sunny chuckles and pull back to look at the girl in front of her. “ But now you really should go inside. Don’t make her waiting more longer and more importantly don’t make her go away from you. “ she pats Taeyeon cheek softly as she heard car horn from somewhere not far from there. “ Okay that’s my clue I really need to go now. “

“ Who’s that? “ Taeyeon squint her eyes as she try to look at the car which stop across the street.

“ You know who, that Shikshin can’t even wait couple minutes for food. “ Sunny sighed as she give quick  at peck Taeyeon cheek and walk to the car.

Taeyeon only chuckles and look at her best friend walk away from her. There’s something tug in her heart as she look at the girl happily meet her girlfriend. It can be her, the one who Sunny hugs and kiss gently now. But then again, it’s all in past, now time to move on.

Taeyeon eyes still stare blankly at Sunny car, she stand there helplessly before some cold yet sweet voice come from behind her.

“ What. Are. You. Doing? “
Suddenly Taeyeon feel chill run down her spine and she gulps hard before turn to the person.
“ Sica~ “ Taeyeon try give smile to the latter but completely failed in the end because Jessica only stare coldly to her.

“ Where in the world are you before? “ she fold her arms and give Taeyeon her famous icy glare.
Taeyeon just stand still like 5 years old kid get caught stole some cookies. She look down and play with her finger. The sight actually adorable for the Ice Princess although at the time she really upset.

Jessica roll her eyes and shake her head before call her leader in front of her.

“ Taengoo come here. “

The Kid look up and her kiddies eyes lock with the Princess.

“ Stop looking me like that and just come here! “ she said frustrated because if Taeyeon look at her like that once again she will definitely forget anything she feel before and just want hugs and cuddle her tight. But no, she won’t just give up, not now. She need give the girl her piece of mind because Taeyeon make the same mistake over and over.

Slowly Taeyeon scooted closer to Jessica.

“ I’m sorry.. “ said Taeyeon softly right after she stand in front of the Highness.

“ What’s your reason this time? “

“ I lose track of time.. “

“ You always lose time when it comes to your work Taengoo ah. “ Jessica sighed disappointed. “ Until when you will make us the second? Until everyone gone?  “
Taeyeon shake her head faster and close her eyes.

“ You know what just go inside and apologize. “ Jessica said to her softly and rise her hand to fix Taeyeon hair softly. “ I need to go home now okay. Please take care of yourself more Taengoo.”
Jessica give her little smile before start walk to opposite direction.

“ Is that why you broke up with me before? “ Taeyeon ask to her.

Jessica stop her step and turn around.

“ It’s in the past Taengoo. “
“ Is it? “ Taeyeon tilt his head as she keep demand answer for her question.

“ Okay yes.. “

A sighed come from Taeyeon lips as she get the answer.

“ But like I said before.. “ Jessica quickly added. “ It’s in- “

“ .. the past.. yeah I know. I’m familiar with that sentences lately. “ Taeyeon finished Jessica words as she put her hands inside her pocket pants. “ How are you? “
“ I’m good. “
“ Do you happy? “
“ Very. “ Jessica smile softly.

“ More than with me before? “ she look at her and bite her inner cheek.

“ That’s not fair question. “
Taeyeon arched her eyebrows. “ Why? “
“ Because we all know Taengoo.. you awesome lover.. but you just lost your way. “ Jessica answer sadly.

“ I’m really sorry.. “ Taeyeon softly said and it make Jessica soften a bit because she know what her sorry meant for this time.

Jessica walk back to Taeyeon and pull her into hug. The warm and protective one. Because she know, how fragile Taeyeon can be. Specially when it come to their past.

 

 

...

 

“ Ms. Kim we feel such honor that you finally agree to merger with our company, I’m looking forwards your genius work to get us big profit in future. “ The CEO of company M shook Taeyeon hand as he can’t stop admire his new partner.
“ It’s pleasure to mine Mr. Ahn. I hope I’m not make any mistake by- “ Taeyeon words cut by sudden ring from her phone. She take it out and look at the screen before turn to Mr. Ahn, “ I’m so sorry, I need to take this “ she smile and bows before walk to the balcony as soon as she sees Mr. Ahn nodded his head.

“ Hello? Sica, I told you, I’m in meeting I can’t talk- what? Okay, okay wow.. relax, what? “ Taeyeon confused with sudden outburst right after she pick up the phone.
“ I DON’T CARE WHERE AND WHAT YOU DOING RIGHT NOW, KIM TAEYEON YOU NEED COME HERE NOW! “
Taeyeon need to pull the phone little bit off from her ear when she heard Sica start yell at her, “ What,  I can’t do that, I’m in London now, and stop screaming geez. “

“ LONDON?! “

Taeyeon heard sudden dolphin scream and something broken in back ground.
“ What the- Sica? Baby? Are you there? “

For moment there’s nothing hear except scream, yell, something broken again and someone crying, before someone yell at her again.
“ WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THERE ON YOUR WEDDING DAY?! “ suddenly she heard Hyoyeon voice, and it sound so frustrated.

“ Wedding? What? Who’s wedding? “ Taeyeon blinks in confusion.

“ YOUR WEDDING, PABO MIDGET! “

“ I have a wedding? “ she furrowed her eyebrows as she try recall something.
“ Oh God, I give up. You talk to her while I try calm Sica. “ Hyoyeon said as she toss the phone to someone else.

“ Hello? Hyo? What do you mean my wedding, I’m not gonna married before December 12, and that’s- “

“ Today. “ Someone finished her words from another line.

“ Sunkyu? Is that you? Glad you there, listen, Sica and Hyo is being crazy, she keep yell at me and scream and said why I’m not at my wedding day when the- “

“ Then why you not here? “ Sunny cut Taeyeon rumbling.

“ I married at December 12th  Sunkyu ah. “ Taeyeon answer like Sunny never know about it.
“ And that’s today, Taeyeon ah. “
“ … what? “
“ Today is December 12th, you supposed to be here, the wedding start like within an hours.
Still confuse Taeyeon dart her eyes  towards anything, when suddenly her eyes catch some man who read the newspaper. She walk to the man and look at the date on it. It’s written December 12th and her world suddenly crumble.
“ No.. way.. “ she said in horror when she realize what she might miss.

“ Yeah.. you screwed. “ Sunny sighed as she catch that Taeyeon finally get it.
Put hand on her forehead, Taeyeon start sweating bullet. Her mind try figure something out but even the fast jet can’t take her back to Korea within an hours. Oh how she wish she have Doraemon and his magic pocket.

“ I- I will go there now, c-can you tell them to wait? Please? “ Taeyeon start run towards the exit door to go to airport.
Taeyeon heard she sighed before gain her wish, “ I don’t know Tae, I’ll try okay. “
“ Thank you so much Sunkyu ah, I will be there as soon as I can. “ Taeyeon hang up the phone and call the airlines right away to buy some ticket home.
But, her attempt  failed since she arrived 6 hours later..

“ Sica baby! “ Taeyeon run around the house to try find her fiancé but she got nothing. Literally. All her stuff and clothes is missing too.
Out of breath Taeyeon slump her body on couch and close her face. Guilty, mad, sad, anything mix all over inside her heart and she can’t help but break down and cry.

 

...

 


 

“ Listen, whatever happen to us in past, I never regret fall in loved with you before. “ Jessica said softly to the older girl before pull from the hugs and smile to her. “ Now go inside and apologize, she wait too long, don’t make her wait more longer. “

Nods her head Taeyeon give Jessica smile.
“ Oh, she was called me before. “ Taeyeon suddenly remember the call before.

“ Who? “ Jessica look at her blankly.
“ You know, “ roll her eyes, Taeyeon pouting, “ She scold me cause I make her sad. “
Jessica giggles when she finally get what Taeyeon mean.

“ Well, don’t blame her, you know she can be very protective to her. “
“ Yeah she really like you when she mad. “ Taeyeon mumbles under her nose.

“ What? “ Jessica stare coldly to her.

Shake her head Taeyeon start walk backwards towards the car. “ Naah, she just sweet and cute like you, haha “ she laugh awkwardly as she get something green from her car and quickly run towards the house. “ Thanks Sica, we meet again soon okay. “ she waved at the Ice Princess.

“ That dwarf need eat her insoles once in time. “ Jessica mumbles as she stomp her feet away.

 

Taeyeon take a deep breath before she finally open the door and walk in. The house is empty. It’s so quiet. Taeyeon took off her jacket and walk around to find another person there, she was at living room when she heard sound from kitchen and quickly walk there.
“ Hey, “ Taeyeon laid herself on the door way as she stare at the back of the person who currently focus doing the dishes.

The person turn around and crescent moon eyes smile welcoming her.
“ Taetae, you home. “ she quickly drying her hands on her apron before approach Taeyeon and give her hug. “ Take you long time. What make you late this time? “
“ Er.. work? “ Taeyeon answer as she hug the latter back.
“ Sure, why I’m not surprise with your answer. “ pull from the hug the person look at Taeyeon with puppy eyes. “ You should stop this habit Taetae ah, your work is not something you will bring when you die nor something who warm you up at night. “

“ I know, I’m sorry, I feel so bad and guilty, I promise this is the last time, I won’t do it again. “ Taeyeon looking back at her with sad face.
“ You always promise, but you never do what you said. “ the person walk back to continue the dishes.
“ Fany ah.. “

“ What? It’s true “ Tiffany glance at her before back focus on the dishes.
“ Fine I deserve it, but I really serious this time. “
Tiffany not answer and only silently do her job before she gasp when Taeyeon hugs her from behind and buried her face on her nape neck.
“ T-Taetae.. ? “
“ Please.. “ Taeyeon whisper, “ Give us one more chance.. “ she ask her softly.
For second Tiffany only can close sigh and bite her lips before she pull out from Taeyeon embrace.

“ I got to go. “ Tiffany said as she took off the apron and take her bag from above the fridge.
“ Fany ah.. “
“ I can’t. “
“ Why you always said that, you don’t even want try, how you- “

“ I’m engage “ cut Tiffany as she turn around and rise her right hand, showing her the ring on her 4th finger.
“ What..? “ Taeyeon throat feel dry with the sudden news.

“ Dennis ask me marry him a while ago, I’m so sorry Taetae.. “
“ What..? Why I don’t know anything about this? Why you never mention it to me?! “ Taeyeon suddenly feel upset.
“ Because you never there! “ Tiffany retort back, “ It’s always work, work, and work.. I’m tired of waiting.. “
Taeyeon bite her inside cheek hard as she only can look away and silently cursed herself.

The silent broke after couples horn heard from outside the house.
“ That’s Dennis, I really need go. “ Tiffany adjust her bag on her arms before walk to front door but stop for seconds as she open the door, “ And you still owe apologize to her. Go on and talk, okay, see you Taetae.. “ Tiffany smile a little before walk out and close the door.


From inside house, Taeyeon only can bite her lips as her see Tiffany hugs her fiancé and he kiss her cheek before they drive away happily, leave Taeyeon with another broken heart. Sighed Taeyeon drag herself up stair. She stop at the first door near the stair and knock it.
“ It’s me, are you there? “
There’s no answer.
“ Come on, I bring you birthday present, please open the door “ Taeyeon look at the green frog plushy that she hold since before but still there’s no answer.

“ Look I know I miss your birthday.. again, but I promise this would be the last time.. “
Taeyeon wait couple minute but still there’s no answer.
“ Okay I’m coming in then.. “ she decide to open the door and walk into the room. Her eyes scan trough the room before find the owner stand in front of window and stare at outside.
Smiling Taeyeon put the plushy on bed and slowly approach her before kneel down right beside her.
“ Hey, daddy is home. “ Taeyeon said as she turn her daughter around so she can see her face but only find it full of tears. “ Oh sweetheart, why you cries? “ Taeyeon rise her hand to wipe it the tears away.
“ Why mommy go again? I thought after I wish on birthday cake mommy never go again.. “ she sobs make Taeyeon heart feel like it pinched  “ Is it because daddy come late again? “ she ask Taeyeon as she look at her with her innocent eyes.

“ Seohyun ah.. I- “

“ It is, isn’t it? “ Seohyun demand her answer.

“ I’m so sorry.. “ was the only words that Taeyeon can say. It can’t change anything but she hope it at least can’t ease the guilty and sad feeling inside her. She bite her lips and look down to hide her tears for her only daughter with Tiffany before they got divorce. The only one person left for her when everyone go because her crazy workaholic.

Slowly Seohyun lift her daddy face and look at her in the eyes.
“ I know daddy now is being bad, but Seohyun promise will always be here for daddy, so please don’t cry, Seohyun loves daddy.. “ she said before wipe Taeyeon’s tears away.
Chuckles after she heard her 8 years old daughter speech, Taeyeon hugs her tight.

Seohyun return the hugs as she smile before suddenly broke it when her eyes caught the plushy on her bed and run to it fast.
“ Wow.. it’s limited edition of Keroro! “ her eyes sparkle as she reach and hugs it tight forgetting all her sorrow before.
Wipe her tears away Taeyeon answer it, “ Yeah do you like it? “ she smile as she walk to her and sit on the bed.
“ Yeah! I love it so much, thank you daddy!“ she hugs Taeyeon before sit beside her “ I will show it to Yoong tomorrow “
“Yoong? Yoona? Yuri and Sica daughter? Since when you be friend with her? “ Taeyeon ask her curious.

“ Since forever daddy, she’s my best friend. “ Seohyun said with wide smile.

“ Yeah but your best friend is scold me before when she call me. “ Taeyeon pretend to pouting as she lay herself on the bed.
Giggling, Seohyun lay down beside her daddy and snuggle closer. “ That’s because she love Seohyun and don’t want see Seohyun sad “
“ Alright, alright, now it’s time for you go to sleep okay “ get up from bed Taeyeon tuck Seohyun on the bed, cover her with blanket and kiss her head before walk to door but Seohyun call stop her
“ Daddy.. “

Turn around Taeyeon and look at her daughter “ Hehm? “

“ You not gonna leave again right? “

Smile Taeyeon shake her head and answer,

“ This my last promise cause after this I won’t be ever broke it again. I swear.. I will always be here for you..“

Satisfied with her daddy answer, Seohyun smile before close her eyes, “ I love you daddy.. “
“ I love you too.. “ Taeyeon smile never leave her face as she admire her daughter, “ Oh Seohyun ah.. I forgot.. “
Sleepily Seohyun only nods,without open her eyes, “ Hehm? “

“ Happy birthday.. “ said Taeyeon softly.

Turn off the light Taeyeon goes to her room with the image of her daughter who sleeping with smile tonight.

 

 

_________________

 

 

 

 

 

17 years later…

 

 

“ Where in the hell Taeyeon now, I swear I’m gonna kill her and put her on jar if she late again. “ Jessica voices her frustrated before walk back and forth.
“ Sica relax she said she’s on the way~ “ Sunny chuckles as see Jessica cursed Taeyeon under her breath.
“ Relax? How could I relax, there’s wedding happen in minutes, and she not here! “

“ Now, now Sicababy what did I tell you about control your anger? “ Yuri hugs Jessica from behind as she cupped her .
“ What the heck are you guys doing?! “ Hyoyeon who just get in suddenly scream in horror.
“ It help to calm her down, “ Yuri convince them as she start massage the gently, make Sunny eyes almost fall from the socket.
“ Oh no my eyes, my eyes! “ she and Hyoyeon quickly run from the room when Sooyoung walk in with hand and mouth full of snack as she witness Yuri and Jessica change saliva.

“ Wow.. .. cool~ ouch “ Sooyoung feel someone suddenly hit her head and hand pull her from there. “ Bunbun why you keep hitting me~ “ she whining along the way.

 

At another room..

“ Mom, did you call daddy already? “

“ Yeah she’s on the way, don’t worry okay “ Tiffany peck Seohyun cheek and tidy up her dress.

“ But what if she missed it..? “ Seohyun bite her lips, can’t help but worry if her daddy old habit back again.

“ I’m not. “ a voice interrupt them and Taeyeon walk into the room with wide smile.
“ Daddy~! “ Seohyun run to her and hugs her tight.

“ Oh gosh, my little princess will get married today. “ chuckles as Taeyeon return the hugs.
“ I’m not little again daddy, “ Seohyun pout as she pull from the hug.
“ Nu-uh you always my little princess~ “ Taeyeon pinched Seohyun nose and admire her when she sees a little uncertain on Seohyun eyes. “ Sweetheart are you okay? “
“ I.. I’m.. I’m sorry.. “ Seohyun said softly make Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows cause confuse.
“ For what? “
“ For breaking my promise.. “
Taeyeon tilt her head, still don’t get what she said.

“ Remember, when I was younger, I said to you that I will always be here and never leave you..? I'm sorry but I think after this.. I’m afraid I will break the promise.. “

Taeyeon feel so moved and only can nods as she look at her daughter with smile on her face, while Tiffany slowly walk closer to Taeyeon and hold her hand.

" It's okay, daddy let you broke it.. " Taeyeon said softly as she bring Tiffany hand up and kiss it.

Seohyun smile seeing it, “ And again, you have mommy now beside you.. I mean, I’m so glad you stop the wedding before daddy and I’m so glad too that you give her second chance mommy, if not, I would never seen this..” Seohyun pointed at Taeyeon and Tiffany intertwine finger before continue, “in my happy day.. “ tears start fall on Seohyun face cause happiness.
“ Aw~ bride can’t cry yet, I mean your make up “ chuckles Tiffany grab tissue and start wipe her daughter tears when Seohyun suddenly throw herself to hugs both of her parents.
“ I love you guys so much.. “ she said before pull away.

“ We love you too Seohyun ah “ said Taeyeon with so much affectionate.

A knock heard from the door and Sunny head appear after it “ Hey guys, it’s gonna start in minutes  “she said with smile.
The three of them nods and start get ready.
“ Are you ready? “ Taeyeon ask her daughter.
Nods her head, Seohyun smile surely as she hook her hands around Taeyeon and Tiffany arms. The music play and they start walking in aisle while Yoona already wait in altar, her eyes can’t take off from her soon to be wife Seohyun.

“ I let you take care of her since now on Yoong “ Taeyeon smile as she let Yoona take Seohyun hand from her “ And please, make a lot cute grandson for us. “ add her softly as she grinning dorky right before the wedding start.

“ Ladies and gentlemen we gather here.. “

 

 

End
 

 


 


 

A/N :

Another one-shot story, I hope you enjoy reading it, pardon any typo and grammar error, again english not my first language ^^,

And for 'Inside The Bluesky' reader I really am sorry I'm not update for long time, I really have writer block, I got the end but the way to get there is still blank, I currently still try write it, little by little, I'm so sorry for inconvenience -bows deep- U_U