Chapter 18

He’s Gay…But Why am I Attracted to Him?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

18. He’s Gay…But Why am I Attracted to Him?

 

“He’s a gay…the boy that I thought I would’ve had a chance with…is gay. And he kissed another…guy…” you cried loudly. “Wae?!” you shouted, pounding your chest. “MINA!” Baekhyun shouted from a far distance. He had searched everywhere and couldn’t find you. “Why did she have to follow me?” he thought to himself. He started to panic, running around the nearby areas.

 

You continued to cry loudly to yourself. You always trusted your instincts and yet you had overlooked the possibilities. You knew there was something about Baekhyun the first time you met. You somehow knew Baekhyun was gay but after he had told you he was not that kind of guy, you felt a little happy. You knew you had a chance to start...something.

 

You didn't even know when you started to have feelings for him. Maybe it was from the constant bickering and abuse. Or maybe its because Baekhyun is different. In other words, you do have those type of feelings for Baekhyun and it was a lot.

 

Even though you and Baekhyun didn’t start off on good terms, gradually, feelings started to develop. Well, on your part of course. But all of that shattered into tiny pieces like a broken glass.

 

Byun Baekhyun is really a gay. "EXO-K’s Baekhyun is a gay man," you repeated, sniffing in between.

 

“MINA! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!” Baekhyun yelled as he turned his head left and right, in search for you. You heard his voice, calling for you at a close distance. You wiped away your tears and stood up. You wanted to run away, away from all the lies. You wanted to run down the street and let the street lead you to somewhere you haven’t been to before. But before you could even take a step, someone grabbed onto your arm and turned you to face him.

 

“Why are you crying?” he asked. You turned your head away, dare not to stare him in the eyes as you wiped away the last remaining tears from your cheeks. “Why are you crying, Jung Mina?” he repeated himself, a demanding tone to his voice. You shook your head, refusing to answer him. He grabbed your face and turned you to look at him again. You blinked twice and looked down at his feet. “Look at me,” he said. You shook your head slightly. “Your eyes are red and you look horrible. What happened?” You shook your head again. Chanyeol shook your shoulders and startled you, “Mina, why are you crying huh? What happened? Please answer me...” he pleaded.

 

“Mina?” Baekhyun’s voice came into the scene. Your eyes widened when you recognized that soothing and y yet annoying voice. You dare not to turn your head. Chanyeol let go of you and turned his head to glare at Baekhyun, “Did you do this?” he asked. “What?” Baekhyun asked, confused as to what Chanyeol wanted to be answered. “Did you make her cry? Just look at her!” You jumped at Chanyeol’s loud voice. It was the first time you heard Chanyeol so angry and that literally startled you.

 

“I-I…”

 

“So you did?”

 

“Chan, I can explain. She follo-”

 

“So you’re blaming her now?” Chanyeol said, cutting off his friend. “No, I’m not. But I didn’t know she followed me…” Baekhyun tried to explain himself, his voice cracking a little. “Where did you follow him Mina?” Chanyeol asked, turning back to look at you. You had your head lowered, staring at the ground. “Mina!” Chanyeol shouted and you let a little yelp.

 

“She followed me to Mika’s Bar,” Baekhyun answered in your stead. “Mwuh rah go?” Chanyeol asked, turning back to glare at Baekhyun. “She followed you where?”

 

“I followed him to Mika’s Bar, Chanyeol,” you answered and caught the both of them by surprise. “Wae? Why did you follow him?”

 

“I wanted to make sure he was all right. He didn’t look happy when we got to White Fragrance so I wanted to check up on him without him knowing. So I-I followed him there…” you tried really hard to explain to Chanyeol. “But what's making you cry like that?” Chanyeol asked, wanting definite answers from you. You looked up and stared into Chanyeol’s eyes. You shook your head, refusing to answer that. “Mina…what is it?” Chanyeol pressured.

 

You gulped and tried really hard to say, “I saw Byun Baekhyun kissing another…guy…” you slumped down to the ground and hugged your knees, tears threatening to fall once more. Chanyeol’s eyes widened and so did Baekhyun’s. “Is that true hyung?”

 

“It’s not what you think!” Baekhyun tried to defend himself. “Well, hell. Wasn’t last time enough to get you in trouble? What the hell bro?!” Chanyeol shouted at Baekhyun. It was a first. “Chan, stop it,” you said and slowly stood up on your feet. “It’s not important anymore.”

 

“Mina…”

 

“Forget it. It’s okay. I’ll be fine…” you mumbled and wiped away the rest of your tears. “Ara will be really mad if I don’t get to work. I’m going to go…” you told Chanyeol and turned to walk down the street. Chanyeol and Baekhyun watched as you left.

 

As soon as you disappeared from their sight, Chanyeol walked up to Baekhyun and grabbed onto the collar of his shirt.

 

“Can’t you see she is having a hard time because of you?” Chanyeol glared directly into Baekhyun’s eyes. Baekhyun had nothing to say. He just stared back at his best friend. Chanyeol let go and straightened himself before saying, “That girl that just left,” he pointed down the street that you took, “She likes you! A jerk-face, arrogant, obnoxious, gay, oblivious you.”  Baekhyun continued staring at his friend, not knowing what else to say. He knew he had hurt you badly and there was nothing that could make you understand him.

 

“I think Mina changed...because of you. And you’re a bastard. All those times you messed with her, did you even think about her own feelings? How she felt when you called her names? She didn’t show it but I can tell whatever you said and did to her in the past, had left a very hurtful impression. She won’t tell you because that’s just how she is. Do you know that Baekhyun?”

 

“Sorry…” Baekhyun finally said. Chanyeol’s eyes widened, “You should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter