Drunk

One Prank Too Far

Ailee's POV:

Stupid... stupidstupidstupid. How long will I have to suffer until I realize that love and I... WILL NEVER WORK OUT.

I HATE YOU JUNG BYUNGHEE (a.k.a G.O)!!!!!

I've been waiting for him forever now and I would have kept waiting if it wasn't for the text I got from my bestfriend, Hyorin.

This was the day that he was supposed to propose right? We've been dating for three years now (the longest relationship I've ever been in) and he told me that he had something major to tell me and to meet him at the bar tonight.

There were rumors going around my office that he had bought a ring, and I was anticipating the moment when he would ask the four-word question that would change my life: Will you marry me?

I literally spent three hours planning out what to wear and how my hair should look... everything!!!

G.O was the only boyfriend in my LONNGGG line of ex-boyfriends that made me feel so happy and secure TT.TT He never complained about my work schedule, or the fact that I had been dumped 14 times... He was THE ONE.

 

Then the text came...

 

It was a picture of my "perfect boyfriend" and some random girl at a club... making out. Hyorin called and told me she was hanging around the club when she saw him cheating and ordered me to get over there immediately, so we could as she put it: "kick him in his non-existent balls."

I probably should have yelled in agreement and drove off in a rage to meet her there... but suddenly I felt so... tired.

I was sick of always being cheated on or forgotten about or stepped on.

 

Why was it so hard for my relationships to work out? At this rate I'll be living alone with about forty cats... ALL of my friend were in a stable relationship (except for Hyorin, who refuses to retire from the dating game until she turns 50).

 

No... I'm done with being angry and going on a rampage and taking revenge.

This time... I'm going to drink.

Now it may not seem like a big deal, but let me tell you something: I DON'T DO ALCOHOL. It turns me into this obnoxious, crazy monster and the next morning I wake up without a single memory of what happened the night before. That's how important G.O was to me... that's how real I thought this love was.

Yup... no revenge this time... just me and a big- bottle of soju.

 

-----------------1 Hour Later-----------------------

" I HATE LIFE!!! WOOO!! LOVE !!!!" I screamed into the sreet, and ignored the funny looks I was getting. Who cares about people when the world is so tipsy topsy??? HHAHAHA.. TIPSY TOPSY LOPSY BOPSY. Those words... like... rhyme... I SHOULD WRITE POEMS~

Gaggaaga "G.O... GO AWAY. GO G.O! GO G.O!" I chanted my new catchphrase as I continued wandering around Hongdae. Suddenly, things seemed much more silent, and it was only my voice booming through the empty area. I must have wandered into an abandoned street, cause while there were usually people hanging around and music playing, this street was dark and quiet. Oh welllllll~

 

KEMKEMKEM

 

Tears were rolling down my face by now, and I lifted my middle finger up in salute to my ex-boyfriend.

And then...there was miracle...

I saw him. G.O. He was walking towards me, and suddenly all my anger left me and I just wanted to love him again. It was the damn alcohol clouding my judgement. I would have never even looked at his ugly face if it weren't for my drunkness...

He tapped my shoulder, and I immediately ran into his arms. I had to forgive him... I will forgive him. He's mine. "That's the alcohol talking. YOU HATE HIM!" a voice in the back of my head chimed.

 

I ignored it, and wrapped myself tighter around him.

“Yah… Do you know how long I waited for you? Huh?! 5 FREAKING HOURS!! You pabo… where were you?"

I decided to act like I had never seen the photo of him and the girl, and pretend I was only angry about having to wait so long for him.

I looked up at his blurry face, and he suddenly tried to push me away.

"NO! I'M NOT GOING TO LOSE YOU!" I thought frantically.

I grabbed onto him with all my strength, and I sighed in relief when he stopped struggling.

Then he made EVERY bad thing he had done disappear when he suddenly swooped me up and carried me bridal style. Content, I leaned my head against his chest.

 

"That's weird..." I muttered quietly, and pressed my ear against his chest some more. "I can't hear a heartbeat..." But before I could think about it anymore, there was a sudden rush of wind and suddenly there was only blackness.

I was knocked out cold.