o4.

Forbidden.

 

~ chapter o4 ~

Not being in the mood to go right to the dorms after the classes ended, I walked out of the mahagony gates, lazily gripping the straps of my bag then made my way to the main street, the air was chilly, light cold wind envelopping me by all sides, the sky was dark, meaning the sun had already set. The day couldn't drag by any longer. Classes have never been this agonizing, and I honestly didn't pay attention to any of them, except for dance class, not that I was interested, pretending to be not feeling well, just to sit on a bench and keep staring at Yixing, moving swiftly. He must have caught me staring at him, because of the glare he shot me through the mirror, I immediately averted my gaze to my other classmates. I felt pathetic and idiotic for having a huge crush on Yixing, he clearly wasn't interested in getting assiociated with me, hell I bet he doesn't even want to stand next to me. I made sure to look and smell good everyday before leaving the dorms, therefore I see no other reason for him to act this way towards me. Minyoung tried to cheer me up all day, only to fail at that, she gave up when I somehow coldly told her that I was going to be fine. 

The main street that is normally buzzing with people and cars, was strangely quiet that night. It seems that there was no sign of life neither in front of me , nor behind. I looked up the sky, only to find that tonight was a full moon. It was shimmering, almost glowing in the black veil, surrounded by a collection of tiny stars. I sighed and kept on walking, thinking of the hurtful event over and over. The way he glared at me during class was scary, his eyes seemed to burn holes through my soul. His normally calm and pleasent demeanor that I always loved and admired had suddenly changed, his gentle eyes were sparkling with ferocity, and if looks could kill, I'd probably be burried deep down by now. 

I wrapped my arms around myself, feeling the air getting colder. I was somehow feeling uncomfortable, the silence in the street was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Everything seemed to be suddenly larger than life, the houses seemed to have grown since the sun had set, or maybe it was the absence of the noises or the lack of the lights from the shops which normally infiltrated the street. 

I started humming a tone, and rubbing my palms together, trying to feel more of my body heat. Then I heard it. Thudding, followed by a cry of pain. I stopped in my tracks and whiped around. Nothing. An eerie silence hung in the air. Frowning, I resumed my walking, feeling even more uncomfortable and nervous. I was really starting to get paranoid. Quickening my pace, I turned around the corner and continued walking. Then it happened again, thudding, and fast footsteps, but there was no cry of pain, not a single groan. My heartbeat increased and the air around me seemed to thicken. Now I was sure I wasn't being paranoid, someone was following me. I froze in my tracks, unable to move. I turned around, and my legs weakened.

A dark, shadowy, manly figure was standing infront of me, head hung low, heaving breathing, and a white-knuckled grip tightened on both of his hands. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and took a step backward, only to have the stranger take a step foreward. I took another step backward, and another and another. I felt like someone had knocked the breath out of my whole being, and I couldn't help but stay there, like monument frozen for eternity, my hands automatically tightening around my backpack. 

I heard the stranger chuckle, and every muscle in my body froze.

"W-what do you want?" I managed to whisper, though the stranger seemed to hear me just fine.

Tiny sweat drips were already forming on my forehead like a dribble of a melting ice cream.

With another step behind, I bumped into something, or more like someone, and jumped around, screaming out of fear, placing my hands on my mouth and squeezing my eyes shut. I felt like a rush of relief envelopped my whole body when I heard my name being called, that soothing voice I was longing to hear. I opened my eyes in one go, and was welcomed by Yixing, the same glare he gave me earlier was emitting for his eyes, but luckily it wasn't directed to me. He was staring angrily behind me, almost fumming. I turned around suddenly remembering the reason of my trembling hands only to find nothing. The stranger who was standing right infront of me seconds ago, and seemed like he was ready to eat me alive was nowhere to be seen.

"What are you doing here?" Yixing's cold tone brought me back to reality.

"I- d, I w-was just taking a walk-"

"You shouldn't, it's dangerous out here." He murmered.

"What are YOU doing here?" I asked out of curiosity.

"None of your buisness, go home, stop rambling around." He snapped.

"What is wrong with you?!" I blurted out, feeling irritated.

"I said go home." He gave one last long look, before turning around and disappearing.

 

 

 

 

-

I'm so sorry for not updating earlier I just had a huuuuge writer block lol, and I had finals lol!

I'll update this week-end, a double update perhaps?

Merry christmas everyone!