o2.

Forbidden.

~ chapter o2 ~

The bell rang just as I sat at my desk, situated in the back of the class. Fidgetting with my backpack, I took out my book for the modern history subject. I was majoring in modern art, and so was Yixing. We were together in modern history, dance and cultural communication. He was alluring when it came to dance, both hip hop and saloon dance, I couldn't help but be flabbergasted, watching him swiftly move his whole body.

I looked up, only to see my teacher making her way to the main desk. She was a woman in her mid 30s, brown chocolate hair, petite and chubby. She was known for her fair and open-minded self, was very helpful and answered to every call of help made by any student, either was it school problems, or personal ones. Her name was Mrs.Yang .

"Alright class, settle down, we're starting!" Mrs.Yang voiced, making every student in the class regain their seats and pay attention to what she was going to do.

I looked around, searching for a shade of brown shiny hair belonging to a very special someone. My shoulders deflated when I didn't see Yixing. Is he not coming today?

"Take your book page 75. As you can see, it's talking about the very first music instruments created back in the 15 and 16 centuries. I want you to read about it, silentely, then I'll give you a work-" Mrs.Yang was cut by an abrupt door openning.

I looked up, and my heart jumped in my chest. Yixing was standing at the door, hand on the handle, slightly panting. I felt my insides flutter, and my palms suddenly got sweaty.

"I'm sorry Mrs.Yang, I had problem waking up." He admitted, adorably scratching the back of his neck, and making most of the students chuckle.

"Oh it's okay Mr.Zhang, go ahead." She said, brightly smiling at him.

He bowed, then made his way swiftly through the desks, to finally settle in the desk next to mine. I felt my heart lurch just by the thought of him sitting next to me.

"As I was stating before Mr.Zhang came in, you are going to work with a partner, on how the instruments changed and evolved through the years. You have to choose one instrument to work on, I will give you a list of the instruments that can be chosen later. For now, I need you to focusely read the text infront of you, then we will discuss the project once all of you are done reading. Get to work, chop chop!" Mrs.Yang said, before sitting in her desk.

I heard Yixing let out a long frustrated sigh, which made me turn to look at him. He was shaking his head lightly, and his eyebrows were furrowed. He searched something in his backpack, before putting it down, and heaving another long sigh.

"Are you okay?" I was taken aback by myself, and was wondering how on earth did I find the courage to ask him. He turned to look at me, and his eyes locked with mine. I suddenly felt my cheeks burn, and I couldn't blink nor move. I must be crazy because I felt like I was hypnotized by his intense stare. I was ready to take back what I said, when a small smile found his lips, adorable dimples drawing on his cheeks.

"Yes, I'm okay, I just forgot my book, and I hate it because I'm very forgetful." He cutely shrugged.

"Oh. We can share mine if you want. I mean not share like in cut it in half, you know we can read in mine since you forgot yours, and yeah.. you know." I mentally and harshly slapped myself for talking that way. I looked away, waiting for him to laugh at me then call me crazy. I heard him chuckle, and squeezed my book, expecting the damage to be done but it didn't.

"Yes I know, and that's very kind of you, thank you." He said, making me turn to look at him. I regretted doing that. He was smiling, a geniune smile, and looked adorably cute and squishable.

"S-sure." I managed to voice out. He pushed his desk until it was glued to mine. I felt my cheeks burn again, and gently took my book and placed it on the center so both of us can read, though I doubted I'd focus on anything with him sitting this close to me.

"Thank you.. huh." He awkwardly looked at me. I smiled a bit, and told him my name. He repeated it, two times, and it just sounded like heaven to me, then he stunned me again.

"It's a very pretty name."