o3.

Forbidden.

~ chapter o3 ~

 

Two weeks passed by since Lay and I talked. We were paired up together for the project concerning modern history. I remember the smile that was plastered on my face that day, I was extremely happy. Minyung was proud of me. "You made the first move, you did great!" She had said, making me laugh pretty loud. We didn't become the best of the friends, but now he recognized me in the hallways, and smiled at me, dimples showing, my heart lurching.

It was friday, last day of college before the mid-semester holidays. The cafeteria was oozing with people since it was raining outside, so the backyard lunch tables and the benches were dripping with rain, and everybody had to get inside in order not to get soaked to the bone. I was entering the cafeteria with Miyung by my side, and frowned at the sight. I've never been a big fan of crowded places, it suffocated me and made me feel dizzy.

"Wow, it's cram-full in here." Minyung commented. She turned to me and asked. "Should we go to the auditorium? It's always empty there."

"Yes, it's better than here." I mumbled and turned around, only to bump into something, steady and hard.

I looked up and Yixing's face was milimeters away from mine. His skin was perfect, milky and soft, and his plump lips looked more pinkish than usual. I met eyes with him and felt my heart jump to my throat. His eyes weren't gray anymore, but silver. They were shining so bright that it could've lighten up a whole alley. He looked mesmerizing. I realized that I was staring at him way too long for it to be normal.

My hands were flat on his board chest, and I snapped out of my reverie hearing Minyung clear . I gasped and stumbled backwards.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't see you coming!" I said, face flushed.

What he did stunned me even more than saying that my name was pretty. He looked at me, then scanned me up and down. His eyes were hard, intense, empty, they weren't warm and dreamy as they used to be. He met my frustrated gaze then with a small sigh of annoyance, brushed past me and walked away, without turning back. I stood frozen in my place.

Oddly, I felt my lungs burn as I tried to hold tears from falling down. I was being silly. I was expecting things that will never happen, I gave myself non-existant hopes. Having a crush on a guy I barely know? Who didn't even know that I exist until I talked to him that day. I tried to bring myself to think that maybe he was having a bad day, but that intense gaze he gave me wouldn't leave my mind, it was almost terrifying.

"Are you okay? You're trembling." I heard Minyung's voice full of worry.

Inhaling a deep breath, I turned to look at her and half-heartedly smiled. "I'm fine."

"What's the deal with him? I thought you guys were.. talking to each other and all?" She voiced making me slightly cringe.

Looking back behind me, I heaved a sigh. "I thought so too."