What are we ? ( PART 7) What are we ? Kangjun/Rome, Luhan/Kangjun, Tao/Rome

What are we ? Kangjun/Rome, Luhan/Kangjun, Tao/Rome

 

What are we ? ( PART 8)  What are we ? Kangjun/Rome, Luhan/Kangjun, Tao/Rome - chapter image

They were still in bed, in each other arms:


Luhan: You're okay ? You sure you don't want to eat breakfast with us ? Yixing is making it ...
Kangjun: No ... I think I'll go soon and perhaps, I am not hungry.
Luhan: I saw on TV an interview of you from last month and you did lost a lot of weight ...
Kangjun: Don't worry, I am okay. When are you coming back from China ?
Luhan: In a week or 2 ... we're not sure yet.
Kangjun: I see ..., He tried hard to hide his worries. 

After making love again, they took their shower together, they talked more after that ... Kangjun wanted to spend more time with him, but since Luhan had a plane in few hours, it was better to leave now. Even if he knew that once Luhan wouldn't be around, it will be hard for him ... 

Luhan: Are you okay ?
Kangjun: Yes ! Thank you for being there for me Luhan, it means a lot to me.
Luhan: Anytime baby !

He gave him a peck on the lips and took his hand in his , dragging him out of the bedroom to go to the kitchen, as they walked there, they could hear people laughing and talking in the kitchen with Lay.

Kangjun recognized that low voice, Luhan felt him trembling in his hand , but it was too late to back away, they were now facing Rome and Tao who were having a chat with Lay in the kitchen. Rome jumped off when he saw Kangjun ... hand in hand with Luhan:

Rome: What are you doing here ?
Luhan: He came to say goodbye. Nice to see you again Rome.

It took Rome all the strenght possible to not punch Luhan in the face, Lay noticed the tension and tried to relax the athmosphere:

Lay: Guys ... I made some bacon and eggs ...
Rome: We're going home ! Kangjun let's go ! 

His voice sound so cold and mad that Kangjun felt almost crying.

Luhan: You can leave, Kangjun will stay a bit more ...
Rome: I'm not talking to you ! 

He came closer and grabbed Kangjun's free hand and pulled him away. But Luhan kept his grip firm around Kangjun wrist and pulled him back on his side.

Kangjun: Rome ... please don't get mad ... 
Rome: What the fck you think you're doing ? He yelled at him.
Tao: Rome ... calm down.
Kangjun: You spend the night with Tao ... you even brought him back here ... you spend the night with him, where were you while I needed you ...
Kangjun was feeling hot, he didn't care about the tears on his face anymore. His heart was bumping and he knew what it was: he was panicking and needed his pills now.
Rome: Guess why I needed to see him, do you have any idea how you scared me yesterday ? Why are you so fcking selfish ?

He yelled back. 
Luhan: Stop yelling at him !
Rome: You, just mind yours fcking business before I smash you.

Kangjun pulled both of his hands to free them from the 2 boys, he had enough, Rome was yelling at him, Rome was mad at him, Rome spend the night with Tao, Rome was now arguing with luhan because of him, Rome was dissapointed in him ... with all those thoughts playing in his head, he just chose the first option to make them stop ... he ran to the counter and grabbed the knife that Lay used earlier to cut the fruits. A small but very sharp knife. He brought it to his neck. Tao ran to take it from his hand but Kangjun yelled at him:

Kangjun: Don't come closer ... I swear, I'll kill myself if you come near me. 

Everybody was shocked by the situation:

Luhan: kangjun ... drop that knife ...
Kangjun: I'm sorry Luhan ... it's just too hard, you're going to leave me here with Rome ... he hates me ...
Rome: I don't hate you Kangjun ... please, drop that knife ... I am not mad at you ...
Kangjun: Lies ! All lies ! 

Kangjun walked backwards until he felt his back touch the wall behind him. He was shaking looking at the boys facing him, they looked scared, he could see it until his vision became all blurry.

Luhan: Drop the knife Kangjun, I promise ! I will not go to China today, I will cancel my flight ... but please, drop the knife.

Kangjun moved the knife away from his neck to bring it closer to his left wrist, he ran the knife over it and swiftly slit his left wrist. He heard Tao screaming but he kept looking at the red blood coming out of his flesh ... he didn't feel any pain ... the blood trickled down his arm to his wrist and he watched it in silence, until his vision got more blurry and his headache stronger ... then, total blackout.

 

 

The boys were sitting in silence on the sofa in the living room, Tao next to Rome who was trying to calm him down with Luhan facing them, sitting on the other sofa. He was looking away. He was as stressed as them but was not showing any emotions.

In the bedroom, Lay was taking care of Kangjun:
He took care of the cut by applying some medicine and wrapped a bandage around the wrist. He was now checking his temperature as Kangjun was sleeping in the bed.

'' Poor kid ! '' He made sure to remove any dangerous objects from the room, and locked the window. Then he left the room and joined the others in the living room.

Luhan: How is he ?
Lay: He is sleeping now ... he'll be okay. No need to call for an ambulance. The cut isn't too deep.
Tao: Not like we can anyway ... can you imagine the scandal if the media find out ? 
Lay: Your friend has others cuts on his wrist ... so it's not the first time he tried  that.
Rome: When he woke up, I'll call a cab and we will leave.
Luhan: I called the manager and ... I told him that, Lay, Tao and I missed our flight ... that we had an emergency so ... you guys can stay longer.
Tao: You know that you're going to get so much   from the label for canceling  ...
Luhan: I don't care ... I can't leave him like that ...
Rome: Kangjun doesn't need you !
Luhan: Really ? So why am I the first person he came to see yesterday night ?
Rome: He called me first, but I was just too stupid to understood that he needed me.
Luhan: Just face it Rome, Kangjun doesn't love you anymore, you don't deserve him.
Rome: And you do ? You know him for what ? Not even a week and you think you own him ? Shut the fck up !
Luhan: So tell us, why are you still fooling around with Tao if you love him ?
Rome: I swear you ..., He stood up ready to go punch Luhan.
Tao: Guys please ! Stop ! Shouldn't we be talking of the best way to help Kangjun ? I mean, how can you act like this after what just happened ? He needs help and you guys are fighting ... please !
Rome: Sorry Tao ... you are right ..., He sat back.

Luhan: Sorry !

After few minutes of silence, Rome spoke up:

Rome: He has to see a specialist ... to get like  a therapy or something. I don't know what he has but, he needs a professionnal help.
Lay: You have to go see your manager and explain him the situation, if you need us to go with you, we will do that but it has to be done fast. Or you will lose him for good.
Rome: I will do that ! I just hope they accept to put him on hiatus for at least ... a year.
Luhan: And you really think that Kangjun will accept it ? As long he refused, nothing can be done ! 
Lay: So the first step would be to convince him. Let's spend the weekend here, all of us and ... bit by bit we can try to talk to him and make him understand that he needs some help.
Luhan: Ok !
Rome: I'm down with that !
Luhan: We don't really need you here ...
Lay: Luhan ! Don't be like that !
Luhan: I can take care of him ! 
Rome: Sure ! That is why he attempted to kill himself just now ?
Luhan: That's because you showed up, we were doing just fine before you came  ...
Rome: I swear , by the end of day I will break yours legs !
he stood up again.
Luhan: Why not trying now ?

 Luhan followed him and stood up as well, glaring a him.

Tao: Guys ... can you stop ? I cannot believe that you are still fighting after what just happened ! So immature of you !
Lay: I will prepare some clean clothes for when he wakes up ! And does he eat often ? He is skinny to the bones ...
Rome: He has been skipping a lot of meals, always going to the washroom ...
Tao: Maybe you should tell them what happened yesterday ?

Rome told them kangjun's attempt to jump from the balcony.

Lay: Wow ! He really needs to see a psy because ... next time, maybe one of us will not be around ... that's scary.
Luhan: it's going to be hard to convince him, the only thing he has in mind it is his job. Maybe we shouldn't ask him when he wakes up ... like how about we wait ?
Rome: Okay !
Lay: Yep ! Let's take care of him first.
Tao: We should throw a small party ... like drinking night party ! 

He said giggling at his own idea.

Luhan: Are you for real ?
Tao: If we do the opposite of what he expect, he will trust us more. He's probably scared now ... thinking that we're going to judge him. We should just chill and relax.
Lay: It is actually a good idea !
Rome: I don't know ... , He said scratching his head, not to sure about Tao suggestion.
Tao: Let's give it a try !
Rome: okay ...
Tao: Let's order Pizza ! Luhan, money !
Luhan: Do I look like a bank to you ?
Tao: Lu Ge ! Don't be cheap !
Rome: It's okay ! Is that enough ?

He gave him a 20 bill.
Luhan feeling the competition , hold to him 25.

Luhan: Take this !
Rome: Here is another 10 ...
Luhan: You need more ? Have another 15 ...

Lay was looking at the scene shaking his head:
'' These 2 guys seriously ... ''.

 

Kangjun woke up a bit later, feeling dizy and thirsty. He felt a pain on his wrist, he lifted his arm and so the bandage wrapped by Lay.

'' What happened ? Why am I here  ? '' He sat in the bed and looked around him. That was not his room. Lay entered:

Lay: hey ! You are awake, I brought you something to drink.

He gave him a glass filled of orange juice, Kangjun drank it in one gulp since he was so thirsty.

Lay: We ordered pizza for tonight and we will drink too. Join us when you feel better, okay ?
Kangjun: Yixing ... that's your name ?
Lay: Yes ! Or you can call me Lay. 
Kangjun: What happened ?
Lay: Well ... Rome brought back Tao here, him and Luhan had a little dispute, but now everything is fine. Don't worry ! Get more rest !
Kangjun: Did I ... cut myself in front of you  ?
Lay: It was an accident , but don't worry, the cut is not deep. And it didn't bleed that much.
Kangjun: I'm sorry ...
Lay: Don't be ! Rest well and come when you will be hungry okay ? Luhan, Tao and I achanged ours plans, we are staying in Korea, so we will drink tonight.

 

Here are some clothes, they belong to Luhan, you are about the same size so it should fit. He said pointing at the clothes on the chair.
Kangjun: Thank you ...

Yixing smiled at him, reveiling his dimples and then left.

Kangjun sighed in silence, he needed to think. 

'' They must all think that I am crazy ... that I need help ... thanks God I have my pills with me ... and Luhan is staying longer , is it because of me ? I don't want him to get in trouble because of me ... fck ! '' 

He left the bed and started to get dress with the news clothes: a grey hoodie and a black skinny jeans. It was a bit big for him but better than his own shirt and pants,  which were now covered with blood stains.
He swallowed 2 pills and slided the container in the jeans pocket.


He left the bedroom and bumped into Tao in the hall :
'' This is awckward ... ''  He thought.

Tao: How do you feel ?
Kangjun forced a smile:
Kangjun: Good ... 
Tao: You are right on time, the pizza arrived and I sent the boys to buy alcohol. We should have a great night ...
Kangjun: Why are you so nice with me ? I mean ... it's obvious that you want Rome ...
Tao: Yes I want him ! I thought it was just a crush but now ... I like him more but ... if I want him to like me back and see the real me, I need to take care of the people he loves the most and I know you are one of them ...
Kangjun: I don't need your sympathy !
Tao: Kangjun, I have nothing against you. Why wouldn't I be nice to you ?
Kangjun: Because with me around, you will never have Rome ...
Tao: I'm not sure about that ...
Kangjun: What do you mean ?

Tao only smiled and looked at his hoodie:
Tao: Even his clothes look good on you ... 
Kangjun: Bull !
Tao: Luhan ... last time when we did that game, when you and Luhan kissed ... even with all the beers I had, I could see that you felt something special. And you know I'm right.

Kangjun wanted to say something but he heard the front door making noise. They were back, Tao left him to greet them and Kangjun followed behind, walking very slow and looking at his feet.

Rome: You woke up ... how do you feel ? Rome came closer, placing his hand on his back.
Kangjun: I'm good ... thank you.

He noticed that Luhan was looking at him, smiled at him before leaving for the kitchen.

Rome: We don't have to stay ... if you want to leave ...
Kangjun: It's okay ! We can spend time with them ... what kind of pizza did you ordered ?
Rome: Oh ... chicken , bacon , spicy ... and a veggie one too ... like 5 extra large pizza.
Kangjun: That's too much ... 
Rome: From what Tao told me, Exo guys eat a lot so, we might order more. He said laughing.
Kangjun: I see.
Rome: By the way ... I am sorry for yesterday, when you called me. I should have guessed that you needed to talk. I am sorry.
Kangjun: It's ok. I will go get ... some water.

He left for the kitchen, where Luhan was sitting on the counter, looking like he was waiting for someone .

Luhan: You need anything ?
Kangjun: Just water ...

Luhan pointed at one of the cupboard. Kangjun found inside a glass, he filled it with tap water and drank it in silence. The whole time Luhan  was just staring at him:
Kangjun: Luhan ... I'm sorry for cutting like this in front of you ... I don't know what got me ... I can't even remember exactly what happened ...

Luhan got off the counter and walked to him:
Luhan: I like that ! You , wearing my clothes. 
Kangjun: Oh ... well ... , he did not know what to reply at the random remark.
Kangjun felt weird about what he just said, he couldn not help and blush at his comment.

Luhan: Look, everything happens for a reason. Don't feel bad about it, I am not mad at you, nobody here is. Just relax and ... I am very happy I can spend more time with you.
Kangjun: But your label SM they will  ...
Luhan: Don't worry about it ! it's all good ! 

He added with a smile. kangjun felt better and smiled back.

Kangjun: Thank you.
Luhan: You are so beautiful Kangjun ... 
Kangjun: Oh common ... why are you so cheesy , he looked away blushing a little bit.
Luhan: I mean it. 

Kangjun was looking away but he could tell that Luhan was still looking at him, which was making him blush more. 

Lay: Luhan, stop being a creep and let's go eat now !
Luhan: Coming !
Kangjun: Go ahead ... I'll join you in few minutes ! 
Luhan: Okay !
 

Remaining alone in the kitchen, he drank more water. Nobody seemed mad at him, he would have expect them to pressure him with questions and freaked out, but instead they were calm and just wanted to drink and eat, which was a good thing. But at the same time, being in the same place as Rome and Luhan was making him panic:


'' I need to relax ... I have to remain calm ... they need to believe that I am okay. I am okay. I can do this. '', he took another pill to calm himself down, swallow more water and made his way to the living room where the others were waiting for him.

'' I can do this, I just need to prove them that I am okay so they will not worry anymore ... I can do it. ''.

BZxL8flCUAAaTtm.jpg:large