What are we ? ( PART 6 ) What are we ? Kangjun/Rome, Luhan/Kangjun, Tao/Rome

What are we ? Kangjun/Rome, Luhan/Kangjun, Tao/Rome

When Kangjun woke up, Rome brought him a soup he made for him. He was still in bed, Rome sitting onthe side of the bed was looking at him eating.

Rome: I actually studied a bit while you were sleeping and I checked the schedule for the online exams ... there is one in 45mn and another one in a month. 

Kangjun: You want to ... try the one in 45mn ?

Kangjun: Are you sure you're ready ? I mean ... there is no rush ...

Rome: I just want to be done with it asap ! 

Kangjun: Okay ... well ... I'm done eating, I can help you a bit  just to make sure that you are ready.

Rome: Okay !

Kangjun: And ... thank you for taking care of me like this ...

Rome: It's all good ...

He gently messed with Kangjun hairs , as soon as he realized what he did, he removed his hand and stood up. 

Rome: Just leave the plate somewhere ... I'll go prepare my stuff for the exam.

 

 

Remaining alone, he left the bed and found his bag near the table, his pills were still there. He swallowed 1 and checked his phone. No message from Luhan. '' What is he doing ? Is he thiking of me ? What we shared ... did it really mean something to him ? Why am I thinking of him like this ... when I just met him yesterday ? And Rome ... am I so scared to be alone here with him ... am I going crazy ? '' 

He came back to reality when he heard Rome calling him from the living room:  '' Everything is okay ? ''

Kangjun: Yes ! Coming ! Just texting the coach to say that we will be late at the dance practice

Rome: Okay ...

Rome was sitting near the sofa on the floor, he was texting Tao:

'' Sorry about the whole thing, without going into details, things are a bit complicated with me and Kangjun. I feel really alone cos I have nobody to talk to and sometimes I really think like I am going crazy. '' 

It didn't take 2 minutes before he received a respond from Tao:

'' Hello Oppa ^o^  U can talk to me anytime ! Even if my Korean is really bad when I speak, I can understand and maybe help ? Oppa fighting ! ''

This made Rome smiled, he answered:

'' Lol thanx ! But trust me, your Korean is way better than mine. I am actually passing a language test in few mn, ttyl. ''

Tao texted back: ''Oppa fighting ! ^o^ ''.

Rome smiled at it. 

In the bedroom, Kangjun texted Luhan:

'' Hey, thank you for everything and I hope to see you soon.''

He sent it then went to the living room. 

 

Luhan was at a meeting with his agent, Tao and Lay, when he received a text. He looked at it and read it, before turning his cell off.

Agent: I know it's only the 3 of you but, you have to perform a Korean song tonight at Music Core. Before Luhan you will meet the hairdresser to dye your hairs.

Luhan: Okay ! 

Agent: Check your emails, we sent you both the song and lyrics.

....................

 

 

Meanwhile at Rome place, they were waiting for the results after he did the test.

Kangjun: The results will be out in 10mn.

Rome: No matter what the results will be ... thanks a lot !

Kangjun: No problem ! 

He sat on the sofa, facing Rome who was still on the floor, the laptop on his lap.

Rome: You feel better ?

Kangjun: Yeah ... don't worry for me !

Rome: You were really pale earlier ...

Kangjun: But then I ate and I feel much better, so I guess I was just hungry, He lied, faking a smile.

Rome: Okay ! 

They were waiting in silence for the results, then the computer beeped.

Rome: Okay ! Let's check it !

He opened the email and read it.

Kangjun: So ? What does it says ? 

No reaction from Rome.

Kangjun stood and sat next to Rome, he checked the email:

 

 

Kangjun: Your results for the KOrean Language Quizz is 93% .... Oh my God ! You passed ! Congratulation ! He yelled !

Rome: 93% ... with a score like this I could even be able to work in a bank or in an office here in Korea .

Kangjun: I am so proud of you ... let's print it ...

he then felt 2 arms around him, Rome embraced him and he heard him saying:

Rome: Thank you ... thank you Kangjun ...

Kangjun: I barely helped ... you studied hard Rome. I am very proud of you.

Rome: Kangjun ... I love you.

Kangjun froze when he heard this.

Kangjun: Rome ... we have to go to the practice ... print the papers and let's go ...

Rome removed his hands from him and sat back:

Rome: I should be happy but ... for some reasons ... I can't ...

Kangjun: Rome ... we should go before ...

Rome: ... before something happens ?

Kangjun didn't reply anything, Rome came closer and kissed him, 

 he bites Kangjun's lower lip to open his mouth and forces his tongue inside, making kangjun moaned at the feeling, and let his own tongue play with his while his hands went back to his hair. Kangjun traced the insides of his mouth with his tongue, exploring. 

They suddenly heard a phone ringing, Rome's phone. Kangjun broke the kiss.

 

Rome: Ignore it ...

Kangjun: You should pick up ... maybe it's Mr Han ..., He said out of breath.

Rome grabbed the phone is his pocket and answer:

Rome: Allo ? ... oh ... well I was busy but that's okay ... oh really ? I guess I will see you there, thank you for telling me. Yeah, me too I can't wait to see you, bye !

He hung up.

Kangjun stood up and started to pick up his books and papers.

Rome: So ...

Kangjun: Who was it ?

Rome: It was ... Tao. But he only called to say that they got a last minute contract and they will be performing tonight like us.

Kangjun: And that's why you cannot wait to see him ?

Rome sighed.

Kangjun: Anyway ... congrat for the test ! I packed my stuff so I am ready to go, see you at the studio.

Rome: You are mad at me ?

Kangjun: No ... just dissapointed ... at myself. See ya !

He left. He was the first to arrive at the studio, so he took a shower and started to rehearse the song without them. 

 

After the dance practiced, they went to Music core building to record a show, before the recording he checked his phone: still no messages from Luhan.

 

'' At least Tao makes the effort to contact him ... I guess, I am really nothing for him ... or maybe he is to busy and I am not a priority, which is normal ... we barely know each other. I was crazy to think that we could have a certain mutual connection ... I guess it was a one sided one ...'' He thought looking at his phone as he walks in the elevators direction to join the others: '' ... my break is almost over, I guess I will eat later.''.

 

A bit far , someone was coming out of the washrooms and walking in his direction, he almost had a heart attack when he recognised Luhan.

Kangjun stopped in front of the elevator and pressed the button, Luhan saw him,  he was with Lay. He heard him say something in Chinese.

Lay: I'll go outside make a call, cia in few minutes.

Luhan: yeah ... cia ..., He answered not really paying attention to Lay's words after he saw Kangjun a bit far in front of the elevators.

He kept walking and stopped next to him.

 

Luhan: Hi ...

Kangjun: Bye !

 

The elevator arrived, the door opened but Luhan grabbed Kangjun arm:

Luhan: Wait ...

Kangjun: I have to go ...

Luhan: Are you mad at me ? You sound mad ...

Kangjun: Let go of me ! 

Instead, Luhan kept his grip firm and dragged him in a stairscase where nobody could see them:

Kangjun: What is wrong with you ? He yelled !

Luhan didn't say anything, he was only looking at Kangjun, something in his eyes was different than usual. Kangjun couldn't read his emotion: he didn't look mad, he didn't look sad or confused ... it was weird, Kangjun was feeling like a prey. He shivered at this thought.

Luhan: Sorry I didn't reply to your text ... is that why you are mad at me ?

Kangjun: I don't care ... , He said crossing his arms on his chest.

Luhan: Don't lie to me.

Kangjun: Whatever ! 

Luhan: I saw your text and turned my phone off. Even after the meeting was over, I read it again but I couldn't reply to you.

Kangjun: Why not ? I thought we had ... never mind !

Luhan: Because I knew that ... the moment I would reply to you, I would be trapped !

Kangjun: Trapped ?

Luhan: I am one step closer falling in love for a guy who is already in love with someone else ... I am very possessive, I hate sharing what is mine ... how do you want me to survive this ? Knowing that everytime I will be with you, You'll be thinking of him ...

Kangjun: When I was with you I didn't think of him ... with you it is different.

Luhan: But you are in love with him and we just met so ... maybe in few weeks, you will feel different toward me.

kangjun: No ... I know I will not !

Luhan: Kangjun ... right now you are going through many things, you are not very stable ... I cannot trust yours emotions, and I am sorry if I sound rude but ... If I fall in love with you, If I start to go after you ... I will chase you and will not stop until I'll make you mine, no matter what it takes and no matter what yours feelings will be ... and someone will be hurt in the end. Is that what you want ?

Kangjun: I don't want to hurt anybody ... I just want to stop being so lost and confused ... and I just want to feel like I felt with you yesterday.

 

Luhan took him in his arms and kissed him. Luhan's kiss makes him feels alive in every way possible.  He pressed his body to the Chinese boy chest, who  instinctively slipped his arms around Kangjun waist. Luhan ran his hands over his slender back and over his hips. Luhan was the first to broke the kiss. 

Luhan: Kangjun ... it's over ... from now, I'll do anything I have to and make you mine.

Kangjun smiled at him:

Kangjun: I like ... your new hairs ...

Luhan: Really ... , he said scratching his hairs dyed in a dark red wine color. They were a bit shorter than usual.

Kangjun: You look more ... mysterious with that color. He said smiling at him and gently messing with his hairs.

Luhan: It's only for a while, I will go back to blonde later

Kangjun: Good luck on your performance ...

Luhan: thank you ! 

Luhan took his face in his hands and kissed him more. Kangjun leaned his back against the wall and returned the kiss.

Their lips parted away, he then felt Luhan pressing more kisses along his neck before moving up, he closed his eyes and let escape a soft moan, his fingers clenching Luhan's grey hoodie.
Something was vibrating in his pocket. They stopped kissing, he picked his phone:

 

Kangjun: It's a text from Ray ... fck ! Assistant manager is looking for me ... I have to go ... , He said panicking.

Luhan: Kangjun ... relax.

Kangjun: No ... he's gonna freaked out ..., He was feeling his heart beating faster

Luhan: Kangjun, do you trust me ?
Kangjun: It's not a question of trust ... I am  late, I can't be late ...

As he talked, he felt Luhan fingers gently rubbing his temples:

Luhan: Just close yours eyes and relax ... everything will be okay, I promise. Just relax.

He didn't know how, but this had an effect on him, he felt his heart going back to a regular beat, Luhan soft voice makes him feel relax. 

Later, when he arrived at the dance room, the others were almost done, the assistant manager was all red and started to yell:

A.M.: Where the fck were you ? We were all waiting for you, how are you gonna perform if you don't practice ? Explain yourself !

Kangjun bowed at him:
Kangjun: Sorry I'm late !

A.M.: No fcking Genius ! Is it a game to you ? All the money the label invested in you, you think it's a joke ?

Rome: He still can rehearse his part now, we have another 20mn ...

A.M.: You stay out of this Rome ! 

Kangjun: I am sorry ... sorry that my absence ruined the practice.

A.M.: And you think it's enough ? Where the fck where you ? 

Kangjun was getting irritated by the old man attitude:

Kangjun: I am late and nothing will change it, the least I can do, is to rehearse now ..., He didn't have the time to finish his sentence, Pain shot through Kangjun's cheekbone as the A.M. punched him in the face, the impact was strong, making him fall to the ground. Everybody got shocked, Rome and Ray ran to help him to get up, but Kangjun raised his hand and stopped them:

Kangjun: I'm fine ..., with pain he got up on his own  .

Rome: Why did you do that ? He said he was sorry ... that was uncalled for ... don't ever dare touching him again !
 


 

The young leader yelled at the A.M. Rome was furious and looks scary.

Kangjun: Rome ... please ... , He said feeling the blood trickle down his  mouth. He never seen Rome so mad and didn't want their leader to get in trouble because of him.

At the same time someone entered in their room: It was Luhan with a bodyguard. 

Bodyguard: Is it C-Clown Room practice ?

A.M.: Yeah , what the do you want ?

Luhan: I'm Luhan from EXO M.
The A.M. jumped off when he heard him:

A.M.: Luhan ... EXO ...

Luhan: Yes ! He said smiling. He looked around, he could feel the tense energy in the room. He looked at Kangjun:
Luhan: Are you okay ?

With his hands, Kangjun wipped off the blood from his lips:
Kangjun: I just fell while dancing ... nothing serious. He lied.

A.M.: Yeah ... that's right ... he fell ...

Luhan: Actually since I am not too familiar with the place, I got lost and Kangjun helped me to find my way. But I was worried that he might be late because of me, that's why I came to apologize. I hope he doesn't get punish because of me.

A.M.:  Of course not ... Junnie is a very good kid, of course we understand ... by the way Luhan, my niece is a fan of your , would you sign something for her ? He asked giggling.

Luhan flashed him a smile:
Luhan: Sure ! It's the least I can do !

After signing the a paper, he bowed at them:

Luhan: Good luck on your performance tonight, fighting !

He left the room, after giving a last glance in Kangjun direction.

A.M.: Okay ... well you could have say it earlier that you met Luhan Shi ... EXO is like Royalty ... anyway, pack your stuff. We are leaving.

Ray brought a tissue to Kangjun:
Kangjun: Thanks !

Maru: you're okay ? He asked all worry.

Kangjun smiled at him:

Kangjun: I'm fine, no worries ! 

Rome: I will report him !

Kangjun: No ! Forget about it, what happened here stay here. No need to make a big deal out of it.

Rome: Are you serious ? he has no rights to do what he just did ... and I can't believe you lied to cover him.

TK: I agree with Rome ! This is not right !

Kangjun: This will just bring a bad reputation to our band ... our image is important guys. I came late, it's my fault.

Siwoo: Well ... more like Luhan's one. 

Kangjun: We should go now ... , He grabbed his bag. 

Rome couldn't say why , but he had a weird feeling. Something wasn't right ... about Luhan coming there to save him.
Kangjun waited for  everybody to leave the room, he then approach Rome who was still packing his stuff:

Kangjun: Rome ... thanks for sticking for me earlier ... it was very brave of you.

Rome: It's okay ... I am sorry I couldn't protect you better and I still think that you should report him.

Kangjun: No need ! It's not gonna happen again.

Rome: By the way ... you were with Luhan ...

Kangjun: I just bumped into him and he got lost ... that's all.

Rome: Okay. Let's go.

He didn't insist but deep inside, Rome didn't believe him. They all went in the Idols cafetaria to eat, but Rome said he was not hungry. He went on the balcony and was listenning some music on his phone. Kangjun came to see how he was doing:

Kangjun: Hey ... why aren't you eating with us ?

Rome: I am not in the mood ... sorry.

Kangjun: Is it because of what happened earlier ...

Rome: Not just that ! Everything ! Everything is wrong ! Something is wrong and I can't point at exactly what, which upset me even more.

Even if he did not raised his voice, Kangjun could tell how pissed he was. Rome was avoiding eye contact with him.

Kangjun: Maybe you should just focus on your job instead of ...

Rome: Don't you dare lecture me ! I had a lot of patience but honestly, the more I think about it ... 

Rome shook his head and didn't finish his sentence. He knew he was about to say something rude but had enough control to stop before:

Kangjun: Go ahead ! Say it ! 

Rome: It's not even worth it anymore ... you are not worth it ... I don't know what is wrong with you Kangjun but ... you better fix it. Yours mood swings, the way you act around everybody else ... you are so fake that I don't  know who you are anymore. I don't know who is the real Kangjun. Is that the one who kissed me and helped me with my homework  ? The one who kissed a stranger in my house and who slept with Ray ?  Or the one who is so obssessed with his job that he would lie in everybody face to protect his bully ? Or the guy who attempted to kill himself ? I don't know ... who are you Kangjun ? Make up your mind, because you are confusing me ... I can't deal with that anymore ... I just can't ... 

Kangjun had listen in silence. He couldn't say a word or neither described how he felt when he heards Rome's words ... it was so painfull, he felt like Rome could see through him , he felt and lost ... Rome was not on his side anymore ... he wanted to die, right now, right there ... he needed to end everything, he wanted to stop that feeling ... they were on the balcony, he didn't think and only noticed that the building was high, really high ... the rest became all blank in his head.

When he snapped back , he was pinned on the ground and Rome was on top of him, he could feel him shaking but couldn't hear a word of what he he was saying. When he finally start to hear, he looked at Rome:

Kangjun: What happened ... why am I here ?

Rome: kangjun ... 

Kangjun: We have to go soon ... what time is it ? Let me go !

Rome removed his grip from him, Kangjun sat and looked at him:

Kangjun: What were you doing on me ? Did I fell ?

Rome: Yes ...

Kangjun: I am so clumsy ... thanks I guess ... I will go back inside. Don't forget that we have a mics test in 15mn. 

He stood up and left, as if nothing happened, leaving Rome in shock.
Once alone, Rome took his phone and dialed a number:

'' Yes ... I need to talk to someone, can I see you later ? ''

After their live, they all went back to their dorm. Rome was alone in his appartment. He was waiting for Tao. Tao came around midnight, they sat on the sofa. Rome was still in shock about the event that occured earlier.

Tao: So what happened exactly ?

Rome: I confronted him ... I told him that I found his attitude weird and rude, that I wanted him to tell me what was going on and then ... he climbed over the railing and tried to jump, thanks God I reacted very fast and stopped him but ... I never been that scared in my life. 

As he spoke, his hands were still shaking. Tao came closer and gently rubbed his back:

Tao: It's okay Rome ... you did the right thing.

Rome: And after that, he acted like nothing happened ... in fact, he didn't even remember what he did. It's like if he was possessed ... and the whole evening he acted normal like , what the fck is wrong with him ... I am so scared, I tried to act normal too but I couldn't , I just can't let it go ! It's not right !

Tao: What did you tell him when you confronted him ?

Rome: '' Who are you ? are you the guy  who kissed a stranger in my house and who slept with Ray ?  Or the one who is so obssessed with his job that he would lie in everybody face to protect his bully ? Or the guy who attempted to kill himself ? '' ... stuff like that ... but I swear, I didn't know he would react like this. This is insane.

Tao: Obviously you are important to him ... he reacted like this because you were the one hurting him with yours words, maybe he can endure to get hurt by anybody except you ... he loves you right ?

Rome: To be honest I don't know ... I don't know what to think anymore.

Tao: At SM I seen many cases like his ... Kangjun needs help, it's obvious that he has a problem. And it has nothing to do with you, it might be something that happened even before he entered in Yedang. But he needs help for sure.

Rome: Something else I noticed, he spend a lot of time in the washroom ... like , he would go twice in less that an hour. 

Tao: is there someone you could talk to in your agency ?

Rome: Maybe Rado our producer ... he is the only one I trust.

Tao: okay ! Until then Rome, you should relax, if you act different around Kangjun, it's gonna make things worse.

Rome: Sorry, but I cannot ''pretend'' like him. I just can't ...

Tao smiled at him:

Tao: You are such a good guy. I have a plane in the morning but I want to make sure that you are okay, I will stay with you.

Rome: Thanks ... I really don't want to stay alone tonight ...

Tao: I understand.

Later, Kangjun couldn't fall asleep, he sat in his bed and took his phone. He dialed Rome number. He needed to hear his voice and make sure he wasn't mad at him after what happened in the afternoon when he got hit by their assistant manager.

'' Allo ? Sorry, Rome is in the washroom ... ''

that voice. Kangjun hang up. He recognised Tao voice. It was almost 1am, what was Tao doing at his place ? And he said something about Rome being in the washroom ... 
His phone starts to ring, he saw Rome number on the screen. He was calling back. With a shaking hand, he picked up the call:


Rome: Hey ... did you just call ? Is everything alright ?

Kangjun: I ... sorry ... I called you by accident, I dropped my phone ... so stupid of me.

Rome: Kangjun if you need to talk ...

Kangjun: No ! I'm fine, don't worry ... I will go sleep now. You get some sleep too. Goodnight ! 
He hung up as fast as he could. Feeling his heart racing. He left his bed, he couldn't stay here, he knew things would turn ugly if he didn't leave the dorm now.

Luhan was in the kitchen, making tea for him and Lay who was in the living room watching the TV. , almost falling asleep on the sofa, when he heard a buzz.

Luhan: Yixing I think Tao forgot his keys ... 

Lay: Yeah ... I got it ...

Few minutes later, he came in the kitchen:

Lay: Luhan ... there is a boy at the door ... hum ... he said he is a friend of your , should I let him in ?

 

 

 

They were now in the bedroom, sitting on his bed. Luhan brought him a cup of tea and some water. 

Luhan: Are you okay ?

Kangjun shook his head, his eyes were red and Luhan guessed that he has been crying earlier.

Luhan: I'm happy you came to me ... you can sleep here if you want. You don't have to force yourself and talk, okay ?

Kangjun just nodded. He was looking at his feet. He felt Luhan caressing his neck. 

Kangjun: Luhan ... I am sorry to come like this without warning you ... I am sorry, I just couldn't stay at the dorm ...

Luhan: I am happy you came and you are not disturbing me okay ? Lay doesn't mind and Tao will only be back tomorrow ...
Kangjun: I know ! He is at Rome's place ... I know ..., He raised his head and looked at Luhan in the eyes.

Luhan: I see ... let's get some sleep and we will talk tomorrow okay ?

Kangjun: okay ! 

They spend the night snuggled in each other's arms, as much as Luhan wanted more, he didn't force Kangjun because he knew it was not the right time.

 

In the morning, Luhan was the first to wake up, few minutes later Kangjun opened his eyes:

Kangjun: What time is it ?

Luhan: 7 something ... you can sleep more, He said kissing him in the neck. 

Kangjun: I had such a sweet dream ... too bad I woke up in the middle of it.

Luhan: Did you dreamed of me ? 

He asked with a little smirk on his lips,Kangjun found him so attractive.

Kangjun: It's dangerous how handsome you are ... it should be illegal.

Luhan couldn't stop laughing.
Luhan: Yourself, you are not too bad.

Kangjun: '' Not too bad '' ?

Luhan: Just joking ! You are ing hot and ... 

Kangjun: And ? 

Luhan came closer and kissed him, Kangjun kissed back. He felt Luhan's hands making their way underneath is shirt, when they broke the kiss he whispered to him:

Luhan: I will not force you if you are not ready ... you know ...

As an answer, Kangjun smiled at him, he placed both hands on Luhan's neck and pulled him closer to his face ... 

 

In his arms, Kangjun feels light ... very light and free ...  and as Luhan into him , hard and fast, kangjun doesn't feel the pain anymore but pleasure instead  ... he closed his eyes full of tears,  digging his nails into Luhan's shoulders, the s become faster causing him to moan Luhan name again and again ... the pain is gone for now ... it feels like a dream ... the effects are better than with the pills ... the pain is gone, but he knows that Luhan is leaving in few hours ... this is just like a dream he is leaving, but dreams never last and only helps to ease the pain for a while.

 

tumblr_n0zgwt9PkO1s3iovbo1_500.jpg

 

What are we ? ( PART 6 ) What are we ? Kangjun/Rome, Luhan/Kangjun, Tao/Rome - chapter image