Chapter 7

Why Leave Things to Fate? [Permanent Hiatus]

Sunggyu was still grinning over the fact that Eun Gi had only acted that way not because she was terrified of him, but because he was her favourite member. He stared at Woohyun who was busy doing whatever he normally does before getting ready for bed and all he could do was smile even more and shake his head at him. You were wrong Woohyun, she likes me, I didn’t terrify her. You aren’t the only popular member.

Noticing Sunggyu’s strange behaviour, Woohyun turned to face him. “Why are you looking at me like that hyung?”

Sunggyu didn’t say anything, instead he gave a little chuckle and flopped back on his pillow. He heard Woohyun mutter, “He’s going senile.” Normally he’d have retaliated, but he let it slide.

He stared up at the bunk above him. Even though he was happy that Eun Gi wasn’t afraid of him, something about her was bothering him. She looked so familiar. I think I’ve seen her before, but I can’t remember where. He struggled to remember the girl, but he fell asleep unsuccessful.

How could you forget something that happened a week ago? Seriously? Do I have to help you with everything? You’re more work than I thought you’d be Sunggyu. You slowly enter his consciousness and luckily for you, he’d been close to remembering, so the memory of the café incident was in the forefront of his mind. You grabbed hold of it and tugged it into his semi conscious min and the memory presented itself as a dream. You sit back and smile. Hopefully he remembers this when he wakes up.

The next morning Sunggyu woke up with the niggling feeling as though he was forgetting something. Groaning, he got up and started to get ready. Leaving the room, he encountered Sungyeol in the hallway with his customary cup of coffee. At the sight of the cup, the memory suddenly jolted into Sunggyu’s mind. He narrowed his eyes at the cup of coffee. That girl… That Seo Eun Gi was trying to fool me? Lie to me? Did she think by feeding me a line as common as “you’re my favourite” would work?

Sunggyu’s fury rose as the morning progressed. He hated being fooled, especially since he wouldn’t have been mad if she’d told the truth. That café incident, as surprising as her rebuke had been, was a rather funny memory. If Eun Gi had just told him, he’d have said something along the lines of forgetting it and that accidents happen every day. But now he wasn’t going to be unforgiving.

When he arrived at Woollim headquarters, Sunggyu left the members and stalked the halls looking for the intern. I will show her that she fooled the wrong person. I’m not letting this go. After searching for a good 10 minutes, he spotted her figure entering a storage closet. He quietly entered behind her and closed the door.

Hearing the click, Eun Gi turned around. Sunggyu watched as her eyes widened in surprise, but a genial smile crossed her face. “Good morning Sunggyu-shi,” she said softly, turning around to finish putting away some supplies. “Is there something you need help with?”

Eyes narrowing, Sunggyu said just as softly, “I remember.” He watched with pleasure as she froze for a second before resuming her activity. Ahh… So she knows what I’m talking about. She’s not as innocent as she seems.

“Remember what?” Eun Gi replied, her voice not betraying anything.

“Oh, I think you know what I’m talking about. I’ll just have you know I don’t particularly like being taken for a ride,” Sunggyu leaned back against the door.

Eun Gi sighed, put down the things in her hands and finally turned around to face him. “Okay, I’m sorry I lied, but… I was scared and embarrassed,” she explained. “And I didn’t lie… I just didn’t tell the entire truth.”

Sunggyu scoffed, “Justify yourself as much as possible, I don’t care. Just know… You are in for hell.”


So, I know it's been a while since I said I would update, but I was working on some other things. I wrote a New Year's oneshot and a drabble, in case anyone wondered.

I was trying to make this chapter slightly funny/create some conflict between Sunggyu and Eun Gi, but I feel I sort of fell short and made it very clichéd. I don't like that and it considering it took me a few days to write this short update. I'm sorry for how this story is degrading in quality/originality.

Also, this is probably going to be the last update in a while. School is starting Monday and I'm going to be busy until May. If I do write, it'll probably be drabbles or oneshots.

Comments or thoughts?