unintended date ;;

Storge

 

Kai POV

 

“Ah..Ah! Careful!” I whined as Kyungsoo tended my wounds. Whatever the cotton was soaked in, it stung.

 

“What did you even do?” Kyungsoo asked, blowing on my fists as he continued patting the cotton onto the wounds. Why did he even care?

 

“I just went and beat up some guy .. Okay that’s enough!” I pulled away. I could feel my ears reddening. And I definitely knew Kyungsoo had noticed it, and he was just trying to hold in the smile that was threatening to play on his lips.

 

“Were you the guy earlier in the cafeteria?” He asked, reaching out for my hands again to continue treating it. I tried resisting but eventually gave up because I knew in one way or another this will still happen.

 

“Why do you even care?” I asked, slightly pissed and curious. Why would he care about me? I thought he’d rather be hanging out with his weirdo friends and studying and all.

 

The question seemed to annoy him and he looked up at me and said, “You better be thankful that I care.” And looked back down again, patting dry cotton on my fist before placing the band-aid.

I sighed and lolled my head.

 

**

 

“Alright, now can we start?” Kyungsoo asks as he sat back on his chair, facing the table where all the supplies needed for the project were neatly laid out.

 

“Yeah of course. But you have been warned, I’m not of much help.” As I shifted my chair closer to Kyungsoo. “Don’t think like that, there’s definitely something you are good at!” Kyungsoo said positively. I sighed and rolled my eyes at him. Was he trying to be sacarstic?

 

“No, I’m not trying to be sacarstic.” Kyungsoo stated all of a sudden. I looked at him with a, surprised expression I suppose.

“No, I do not read minds. You are just being to obvious.” Kyungsoo smiled.

I shook my head and decided to drop the subject. “Alright let’s just get started on this book report.”

Kyungsoo dug around in his bag and took out the book we were supposed to do the report on.

“Alright then, lets start reading it.”

 

 

The teacher only gave a book a pair because she was all about “Teamwork” and all.

Kyungsoo placed the book on the table, positioning it in the middle, so that both of us could read the book.

Reading the book was a bit awkward. How me and kyungsoo’s face would always touch while we read.

 

***

Sure that Kyungsoo finished reading, I reached out to flip the page, but my hand landed right on top of kyungsoo’s, who was trying to flip the page also.

 

Kyungsoo just stared, and at the corner of my eyes, I could see his face.

 

He was blushing.

 

I lifted my hand off his and he immediately cupped his face with both his hands.

I narrowed my eyes a bit. Whats wrong with this guy? Why is he blushing?

Its not like he held a girl’s hand or kissed a girl or something. This guy is weird, definitely going to be number one on my ‘weird people’ list. Along with his weirdo friends.

 

“Uh.. let’s continue?” I asked, trying to break the awkward silence between us.

“uh-oh yeah! Let’s continue” and he leaned forward, flipping the page, and both of us continued reading on.

 

***

 

Few hours crawled by and it was already 8pm.

Kyungsoo stretched and looked at his watch.

“Kai ssi, It’s already 8pm, I think we should head home.” I looked at the clock hung in the library, “Yeah you’re right. Let’s go.”

I started to pack my bag and slung it over my shoulder.

 

 

Me and Kyungsoo had little conversations as we walked out the school. I think we somehow gotten closer to each other, we’re not that awkward with each other anymore .

 

  “Which way do you go?” I asked Kyungsoo.

“I walk that way” Kyungsoo replied, pointing to the direction he walks.

“Ah, I stay around there too” I smiled a bit. Kyungsoo looks up at me, “ah really? There’s a really good ddeobokki stand around there, want to go eat some before we go home?” He offered.

“Sure, why not?” I smiled at him and both of us went toward the ddeobokki stand.

“2 bowls of ddeobokki please~” Kyungsoo said politely to the ajumma.

Few minutes crawled by and the ddeobokki was served.

I was inwardly drooling at the heavenly smell of ddeobokki and couldn’t wait to start eating.

Kyungsoo, being the excited one, immediately dug in to the ddeobokki, without blowing on it first.

“ack! Hot!” He yelped.

I quickly reached out for the water and passed it to him. “Ah.. thanks Kai ssi!” Kyungsoo smiled at me and I nodded at him, “No problem”

 

I started eating my ddeobokki and I swear that it tasted so good. I have never tasted ddeobokki this good and I made a mental note to myself to frequent this ddeobokki stand.

As I stuffed my face with the rice cakes, I heard someone laughing softly beside me. It was kyungsoo.

“What?” I asked, with my face still full of ddeobokki.

“Nothing” he smiled as he got a tissue paper and wiped the corner of my mouth, “you are a messy eater.”

I looked down in embarrassment and continued eating, trying my best not to continue stuffing my face with this goodness.

 

 

***

After we finished eating, I walked Kyungsoo home, actually, more like I followed kyungsoo home.

“Bye Kai ssi, I enjoyed today.. I guess.” He smiled and waved before he went into his house.

I stood rooted to the ground, he enjoyed today?

I guess I enjoyed time with him today also..

 

“Yah, stop staring at my door and go home! You look so creepy!” I heard a voice shout from above.

I looked up and saw an amused kyungsoo. “You’re more creepier with your bug eyes, mister!” I shout back. Kyungsoo just stuck out his tongue at me. "Go home! Goodnight!"

I waved back to him and headed home.


Exotic0907 here. I'm in charge of Kai POVs :) 

Oh yeah and also, if you don't mind, check my unnie's fanfics and subcribe to her :D KpopLover0201 Thanks <3