tending wounds .

Storge

“Are you getting lettuce?” Asks Chanyeol,

 

“Nah, I’d take the fish.” Says Kris,

 

“Alright then, I’ll take the fish too and… this box of milk… and oh ahjumma can you please put on more sauce on my rice? Oh thank you!”

 

“Chanyeol that’s too absurd of you.” I mutter with a small smile in my face as I push my tray nearer the ahjumma that serves food in the canteen. I want to eat a lot, I need to get stronger because I will be facing such a head-ache in a few hours time… I wish that he won’t be as obnoxious as I think.

 

Chanyeol shrugs me off with that goofy smile in his face and I just roll my eyes at him, he likes to eat a lot and it isn’t really questionable since he’s tall and he needs all the nutrition. Chanyeol spots a free table at the corner of the canteen. Kris and I follow him and I just shake my head at his childishness. Kris looks amused though.

 

I settle down beside Chanyeol, across Kris and started to eat this bland rice it’s a little too hard for my liking since when I cook rice, it would always be soft and chewy… not hard like this. “Hey, how about we bring our own food sometime and you know like, eat together in the garden.” I suggest to them and Chanyeol nods, chewing on his food and Kris gives a blank expression.

 

I could never really read Kris’ mind. Not that I could read minds… it’s just that…

 

“WOAH!”

 

Several students gather at the other side of the canteen, seems like there’s a brawl going and Kris stands up, tip toeing to get a better sight, I remain seated though. “Who is it?” Chanyeol asks Kris and he settles back down, shrugging.

 

“Dunno.”

 

“Alright, let’s continue eating then!” 

 

 
--
 
 
 
"I can't belive you actually came." I mutter under my breath as I approach Kai that's coolly sitting on one of the chairs. I walk on the other side of the table and now, I'm facing him.
 
 
"You actually came." I beam at him but bite my lips seconds later... I shouldn't really be too happy, but the fact that he actually came makes me happy inside that he's actually interested.
 
 
"Do I have a choice?" He smirks, rolling his eyes and I place my bag down, bowing my head. This guy. Really.
I settle down on the chair across him and he winces, I also notice that he has his fists hidden under the table.... what's wrong?
 
 
I shrug it off, I shouldn't really be caring about this guy too much. "Hey, Kyungsoo." He calls my name and I immediately jerk my head towards him... his voice calling my name sounds so... weird.
 
 
"Nothing." He beams like a child and it's my turn to roll my eyes, "I'm not up for your nonsense, Jongin." 
He chuckles at the name I call him, as far as I know, very few people call him Jongin and I think I'm one of the few.
 
 
"You actually had the guts to call me Jongin?" He scoffs, leaning forward with his head rested on his palm and his elbow placed on the table.
 
 
I pull out my textbook and slam it lightly against the table, "Isn't that your name?" I shake my head as I open my textbook, I really don't know why I called him Jongin either, I guess by calling him Jongin we could get along well and easily?
 
 
"Well yeah, it is... but," He trails off, resting his head on the table and I tap his head, "Hello? We have a book report to do? Plus we also have a report to do about English stuff?" 
 
 
He puts his head back up and with that charming smile in his face, "You can do the first part and I'll help -- oh..." 
 
 
I raise a brow at his sudden flinch, "What's wrong?" I ask, leaning forward to check up on him.
 
 
"It's nothing." He shakes his head, resting his head back against the table.
 
 
"Show it to me!" I raise my voice, and I immediately cower back again, I should remind myself that I am in the library. 
 
 
"Show it to me." I say in a loud whisper and he rolls his eyes, placing his fists on top of the table and I gape at the side of his bruised fists, wounded even.
 
 
"Why do you even care?" He is about to retract his hands when I hold his wrists, fixating my eyes on the little wounds.
 
 
Wetting my lips, I blow on them slightly and I turn to look at him in the eye, "Just wait here alright? Don't move!" I say and place his hands back down again carefully, careful not to hurt him. 
 
 
I stand up and I basically make a run to the librarian, in hopes that they have a first-aid kit or something. "Excuse me, but do you have a first-aid kit?" I ask the librarion with hopeful eyes.... Just please...
 
"Yes we do, dear."
 
 
"Can I please borrow it for a while? My friend kind of injured himself on the way here and erm, it's not that big... but I just need to tend it just in case it worsens."
 
 
The librarian gapes at me and shakes her head, bending down to reach for the kit. "You're too doting for a guy." She says and straightens up, handing me the kit.
 
 
I take it in my hand and I smile at her, "Thanks!"
 
----
 
"Ah... ah! Careful!" Kai whines and I continue on patting the cotton soaked in betadine on his wounds.
 
 
"What did you even do?" I ask him, blowing on his fists as I pat. Wait... could he be the guy on the brawl earlier? I just hope not...
 
 
"I just went and beat up some guy... okay that's enough!" He retracts his hand and I look at him.... I try hard not to smile at the obvious redness of his face that runs through his ears. That's cute.
 
 
"Were you the guy earlier in the cafeteria?" I ask again, persisting on tending his wounds by taking his hands again, and to my delight, he gives up and just let me do the work.
 
 
"Why do you care?" He says again and to be frank, it annoys me.
 
 
"You better be thankful that I care." I say and pat dry cotton on his wounds before taking the band-aids from the kit.
 
 
He sighs and lolls his head, I roll my eyes.
 
 
Do Kyungsoo, you better be used to this for the next coming days.
 
 
 
 
 

a/n: this is iamnotamazed and i just ; u ; sorry it's not that good orz