school project ;;

Storge

 

 

Kim Jongin.

 

 

The name is so familiar yet so peculiar for me to say, Kim Jongin, the guy who never does anything in his life. He’s basically just there, lazing out or sleeping or watching videos from his cellphone without getting caught by any of the teachers.

 

 

I am the most unfortunate guy in the whole wide world.

 

 

I look at him as he made his way back to his chair, stupid, this is stupid. I would take Baekhyun as a partner over him anytime; at least that guy does something or that Joonmyun guy that is always in the Top 5 in our class and I’m always trying to beat him in the rankings.

 

 

I am Do Kyungsoo, rank 5 in our whole class, I always try harder and harder to finish high school with flying colors, but with Jongin as my partner for the project that would be a big factor in passing, I don’t think I’ll be able to.

 

 

And I personally think the way how the teacher makes the student choose partners is unfair, he did it by calling out a random student and telling them to pick one strip of paper from the box and that will be their partner and if the person you called already has a partner, you get to stay to the side and be partnered up with whoever is left.

 

 

I sigh, massaging my temples. Do I really have to keep up with Jongin? This project needs teamwork and I don’t know if that word is even in his vocabulary. From the side of my eyes I could see him talking to his friends with that big goofy smile on his face. Tsk, he thinks that I wouldn’t give work to him. Ha, over my dead body, he needs to freaking help me with this project.

 

 

I ignore whatever the teacher is saying; he’s just partnering up students anyways and it is not like it’s a big deal for me anymore as I’m already partners to this guy named Jongin, or Kai… he likes to be called.

 

 

I flip my notebook over and open it, taking my ballpen from my pocket, I start to think of what could we do about our project, to have an A for this project. I really need this to pass or else… or else I would be dead meat.

 

 

***

 

 

The bell rings loudly and I scrunch my nose, stuffing my notebook and this trusty pen inside my backpack. I pick it up and sling it on one shoulder, right now, I decided to tell Kai that we should meet up in the library for the project. I just had a wonderful idea to get the both of us an A+ but now, all I need is his cooperation, is that too much?

 

 

As I reach his table, I lightly slam my hand against his desk and blink at him and… I think he looks startled… is it because my eyes are too big? I blink twice before coughing, “Kai-ssi… I need you in the library by three o’clock, I’m pretty sure we don’t have classes by that time. So,” I raise my hand from the desk and pull the sleeve of uniform to check the time, “See you there.” I bow at him before heading to nod at his friends too that gave me that weird look. 

 

 

I just wish he'll show up or... or... oh damn it, what could I even do? I’m powerless after-all. I head out of the classroom to meet my friend, Chanyeol and… he has a friend named Kris, the new transferee and I guess he isn’t bad, but he doesn’t talk too much and he seems pretty intimidating because of his height, oh what am I saying, Chanyeol is tall too and I look like a midget between the two of them.

 

 

“Yeol!” I call out his name as I see his bouncy hazel-nut hair across the hallway. I could easily spot him due to his height and… his hair stands out from the sea of dark brown hairs, school isn’t really too strict on hair color or anything.

 

 

Chanyeol pauses and slowly, even comically turns to me with that bright smile on his face that almost never ceases. “Hey!” He says and waves at me. I nod in return. It’s not like Chanyeol and I are the best of friends… I don’t really know how he became friends with me or with Kris for crying out loud.

 

 

“Heading to the cafeteria?” I ask him with the usual hype in my voice I guess. Chanyeol nods in return and purses his lips together and that’s when he spots Kris with his usual poker-face. Chanyeol gasps and waves at Kris with both hands up in the air, waving like crazy, I just laugh at it everytime.

 

 

“Kris! Kris!” He exclaims, almost too loudly. And I can confidently say that he is usually like this, fun and bubbly even if he gets lost in his own world sometimes.

 

 

Kris heads to us and smiles lightly at me, I don’t think he’s very comfortable around me sometimes. Chanyeol beams and places an arm over my shoulder, “Let’s eat together!”

 

 

“We always do…” Kris mutters.

 

 

“Yeah, but I like saying it!” Chanyeol says with that deep voice, but still, he sounds so much like a kid.

 

 

You can say that these giants are my only friends at school, almost nobody knows that I exist even if I come up the stage a little too often because of the awards I receive. I like to keep it that way though. Why would I need a bunch of friends when the contrast of their personalities entertains me, they are great friends… I think so. 

 

 

 


 

 

so what do you think? >_<