Meeting Little Euk Jae

Crossed-Fates

After 3 hours, Yuri was starting to get bored. So she decided to walk around the hospital garden. She dragged herself towards the door, slowly and carefully; past the hospital hallways and out the hospital entrance.

Yuri: 'Fresh air.'

She inhaled like it was her first and last breath. Then she walked towards the bench under the big tree in the garden. There, she found peace but she still felt like something's missing.

Yuri: Who am I really? Angel above, please give me back my memories because I don't know how to live without them.

She stared to the skies above and for some time, she started counting the clouds and birds that flew by. Suddenly, she felt a pat on her thigh. She looked down and saw a little boy.

Boy: Unnie, what are you doing?

Yuri: I'm counting the clouds in the sky. Would you like to sit beside unnie?

The boy nodded and climbed the bench then sat down.

Boy: But, is it fun doing that?

Yuri: No, not really. I'm just passing time.

Boy: Why look at the sky when there's a lot of things you can do?

Yuri: I like to stare at the sky. Do you like the sky?

Boy: Uhmm...Not really.

Yuri: Oh, do you know that above those clouds, there's another kingdom?

Yuri pointed. The little boy looked shocked and interested.

Boy: Really? Really? Who are living there?

Yuri: Angels live there. They are ruled by God. They also watch us and protect us if we are good.

Boy: Why can't we live there?

Yuri: It's because we're still alive. Only good souls are allowed to live there. That's why we should be good most of the time if we want to go there.

Boy: I'll be good because I want to live there!

He smiled widely. 

Yuri: Unnie will also be good so she can meet you there, ok?

Boy: Yes! Promise!

They did a pinky promise.

Yuri: But what are you doing here?

Boy: I live here.

Yuri: Here? As in the hospital?

Boy: Yes. I've been here since I was 5 years old.

Yuri: Oh, next time, unnie will bring you outside of this hospital and we can go anywhere you want, arasso?

He smiled again upon hearing her plan. And he nodded his head.

Boy: Unnie, Euk Jae imnida. What's your name?

Yuri: Yuri imnida. Nice to meet you Euk Jae.

They shook hands then suddenly, his stomach grumbled. They giggled.

Yuri: Do you want to eat something?

Euk Jae: Yes!

Yuri: Then we'll buy you some food in the canteen.

Euk Jae: Yay! Yay! Yay!

As they were going to the canteen, her head started to ache. She stopped walking and held her head. She sat down the ground and buried her face on her knees. EUk Jae noticed and became worried.

Euk Jae: Unnie, are you alright?

She didn't reply but kept on groaning because of the pain. He decided to ask for help but since he is not allowed to run, all he can do was shout.

Euk Jae: SOMEONE!!! Help! ANYONE!!! Please help!

Luckily, Kyuyhyun heard it and he ran to the child. There, he saw her curling up with her hands that seemed to crush her head.

Kyuhyun: Euk Jae, what happened?

Euk Jae: Mollayo~ Doctor, please help Yul-unnie.

Kyuhyun: Arasso. Arasso. Thank you for helping unnie.

He turned to face her; he placed his hand on her shoulder and tried to get her attention but Yuri still didn't face him. He then thought that she might be having severe headache because she might have remembered something. Since he can't do anything about it until her flashbacks stop, he decided to give her warmth and comfort. He hugged her and her hair gently. He could hear her sobs and felt her body shaking. He tried to comfort her.

Kyuhyun: It's okay. I'm here. It's okay.

Some time later, her hands started to loosen itself and her body stopped shaking. Her breath started slowing down; she raised her head and saw that the arms embracing her were Dr. Kyuhyun's. After knowing this, he immediately let her go. Euk Jae, who was crying, hugged her after she calmed down.

Yuri: Eu--Euk Jae.

Euk Jae: Unnie, I thought something bad might have happened to you.

Yuri: Oh, I'm alright now. Thank you for worrying and thank you, Doctor.

She thanked as she patted the crying boy's head. Kyuhyun's cheeks unexpectedly flushed as he saw her smiling A LITTLE.

Kyuhyun: 'This is nothing. I was just embarrassed for hugging a patient. That's it. No more no less.'

He convinced himself.

Kyuhyun: Your welcome. But I need some time to ask you some questions. Would you mind?

Yuri: Okay but first, I promised Euk Jae that I'd buy him some food.

Kyuhyun: Alright, mind if I go with you?

Yuri: No, we'd love to have you around, Doctor.

Kyuhyun: Call me Kyuhyun, Yuri-ssi.

Yuri: Okay, Kyuhyun-ssi.

They walked to the Hospital canteen like a little family: Kyuhyun, the dad; Yuri, the mom; Euk Jae, the child. Unknown to them, Minho saw the whole thing. He just hid behind one of the pillars when he saw what Kyuhyun did.

Minho: 'Why are you hiding, MInho? There's nothing wrong with what they did and you don't have any right to feel jealous--wait--jealous? Don't tell me--Aish! Andwae. Andwae.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

HELLO, readers!!!

Thank you for subscribing to 'Crossed-Fates'. I also would like to apologize for my slow updates. Please continue to read throughout the story. Also, please vote for our leading man  because I don't know who Yuri should end up. Thank you. Until next time!!!