Zelo

What My Heart Tells Me to Do~

I watched Junhong, or as he likes to be called, "Zelo," laugh with others. He was his usual flirty, playful self, asking aloud, "Do you want a hug?" to everyone helping out Mrs. Park, after school. On the outside, I ignored him, directing my focus into grading papers; but inside, where no one would read my thoughts, I screamed for Zelo to ask me the same. Being as oblivious as ever, he never approached me.

Instead, Zelo went over to wrap his long, thin arms around Sunhwa, who in return, giggled and embraced her junior back. I wasn't particular angry, yet I wondered curiously why Zelo never offered to hug me. On the otherhand, he would tease me for being a "midget," treating me as one of his other friends (or even as a stranger) and not like his elder he'd known for years. I enjoyed our casual friendship, but I pondered about what position I was in his life.

"Hey, Zelo, stop being all touchy-feely with Sunhwa and come over here to help me take down the floral wallpaper," I glared at him.

"Coming, you," Zelo smiled and trotted over, his giant feet skipping from floor board to floor board. His eyes looked barely open as he shot me an innocent eye smile.

"I swear, Junhong, you can say anything-even a swear word-, smile, and it'll look innocent," I pointed out.

"Hehe, you," He experimented, shooting me his cheerful grin, dimples forming on each cheek.

"You dork," I reached over to pinch his baby cheeks, "Don't say that so smoothly."

"Keke," He let out a subtle laugh and began rolling the wallpaper I'd already removed from the walls. As he was carefully making sure the edges lined up, I stopped in the middle of my progress, examining his features. When did you begin maturing so quickly I couldn't catch up, Choi Junhong?

 

A/N: What do you lovely readers think so far? I have more ideas, so do you think I should continue this plot? Keke, thanks for reading and please give me input so I can improve in my writing. c: