Chapter 2

My Guardian Angel

~Narration~

Ahjumma gave the two a couple of days leave from work. 

Jonghyun sped all the way home. Luckily, they lived near their junior college and workplace, which made it convenient for Jonghyun. He could literally hear YoonJi gasping at the back. "It's all my fault.. Wae?? Why didn't I rush back when I obviously heard her screaming for me in my brain?? What's wrong with me?" Jonghyun sighed in frustration as he smacked the driving wheel, waiting for the traffic lights to turn green.

~Jonghyun's POV~

Hyung-nim taught me that there was a choice to everything. I had the choice to choose whether I should have taken my time, or just ran back. So why didn't I? Why didn't I????

~Narration~

Jonghyun gently laid YoonJi on the sofa-bed. Focusing all of his energy into healing YoonJi, he collapsed on the carpeted floor, full of fatigue.

2am the next day..

~YoonJi's POV~

Urgh... what happened? I don't recall anything at all..

"zzzzz...zzzzzz" Keke..Jonghyun looks so cute when he sleeps, so peaceful. He looks like a little puppy.

What is that noise? Roo! I totally forgot about him. Quietly opening the kitchen door, Roo jumped into my arms, yapping excitedly.

~Narration~

"Ani.. hyung~ Aniya hyungnim! Don't leave me alone.. I don't know what to do..Hyung!"Jonghyun woke up, beads of sweat dripping down his already damp neck. He looked around and saw that YoonJi wasn't on the sofa-bed. Jonghyun had to make sure she was okay. He opened the kitchen door.

"Oh oppa! Good morning~" YoonJi smiled brightly.

"Nae~" Jonghyun replied. He didn't want to talk about the nightmare he had. It's been years since he dreamt of his hyung and YoonJi's appa leaving. Though YoonJi had no memory of it, he had a pretty good look at it. Shuddering at the thought, he smiled fondly, "Want some breakfast?"

~~~

"Shouldn't we move? Umma has already found out where we stay, work and study!" YoonJi flinged her hands up in exasperation. "Ani" Jonghyun said calmly, expressionless while slurping on his soup on the inside of his styrofoam cup. He knew YoonJi's foster umma didn't like harassing her. Though YoonJi lost her biological mother at birth, she knew that her real umma had willingly exchanged her life for YoonJi. For that, YoonJi was extremely grateful. "Yah! Kim Jonghyun! What kind of a friend are you? You-" she stumbled.

~~~

YoonJi was at the cafe, working night shift.

Jonghyun and Ahjumma weren't around. The bell tinkled. "Trick or treat!" YoonJi beamed. Jonghyun was dressed totally in white. White suit, white tie, even white leather shoes. But they were all torn. The 'wings' were huge, the colour of vintage white, tinged with dove grey at the tip. He limped into the cafe, bumping with the tables and chairs as feathers fell unto the ground.

~~~

"YoonJi? YoonJi?! Gwenchana?" Jonghyun shaked her lightly. "Did you have another vision?" he asked. Jonghyun didn't actually like it when YoonJi had visions. In fact, he hated it. YoonJi nodded meekly. How could she explain such a vision to him? Besides, the last time she had a vision was about two months ago just before she took her exams. At that time, it was about her getting first in class but ended up she gotten second. She prayed this vision wasn't going to happen. "YoonJi? YoonJi! Could you please answer me? And for your own sake, don't lie to me, you hear?" Jonghyun chided, sterner than usual. "Aniya, it's.. it's nothing." she stuttered. She knew better than to lie to Jonghyun. He was telepathic. Not to anyone. Just her, her alone. But, how in the world do you just explain a vision about something bad happening to your best friend? How?

And Jonghyun was reading her mind. He was disgusted by the fact that he could read her mind, but he had to say, it came in handy once in awhile. "Park YoonJi, you do remember I'm telepathic right?" he told her firmly. Sighing, YoonJi admitted defeat, and replayed her vision again.

But Jonghyun didn't want to believe in her vision. He had always been careful of showing his true self in front of her. And that vision was a warning. He couldn't let it happen. Jonghyun was a cautious angel. He went out flying on the cliffs at 3am in the morning - the time where Seoul was covered in darkness, empty- to exercise his wings, and a time where he knew YoonJi would be sound asleep. Father had gave YoonJi a gift, a gift which her Appa thought was a faux; a gift her Halmoni had too when she was younger. And this gift, the gift of seeing things, whether good or bad, was a gift Jonghyun was determined to be with YoonJi till her soul went back to Heaven.

Jonghyun knocked her head lightly. "Pabo" he smiled."You know that there is 99.9999999995 of that not happening right? Hmm?" YoonJi nodded again. She hoped so. She could've asked him a whole pile of questions. Why won't it happen? What if it really did happen? Why were you hurt? Instead, she asked "Can we pweeeeeeeeeeaaaase move? " she tried using puppy eyes, but to no avail. "Bwol? Only I can use puppy eyes on you. I am, after all the most handsome, most charming, and a very gentleman puppy dino." Jonghyun smiled mischievously, acting smug.  "You are? How is it that I never knew that you were any of those that you mentioned?" YoonJi asked with mock surprise. "Then you're the pabo." Jonghyun said, eloping away with Roo into his room. "Aish..seriously... he's my oppa and he is SOOO much more childish than me. It's like he's as childish as HaHa!"YoonJi thought, shaking her head in exasperation.

The next day~

"EOTTEOKE!!!!!!!!! WE'RE LATE!!!!" YoonJi shrieked. She, a model student, has never been late for school before. Not once in her lifetime. "No we aren't, we just aren't early for school~" Jonghyun glided from room to room, drinking from a cup of fresh milk full of CocoPops™. YoonJi glared at him, hoping that her stares could kill him. She planned to arrive early in school so as to study more. "Besides, there's no need to 'study more', YoonJi. You're the ace in every class I know already." He shouted from the kitchen. "Just learn how to relax and have some fun. You're the geek of the school already. If you dolled up abit, maybe you'd be a Geek Princess." Jonghyun chuckled at his own private joke. YoonJi rushed around the apartment, banging into probably everything. "Ouch, ouch, ouch! Aish... Jinja.." she muttered, rubbing the parts where she hurt herself.

The doorbell rang.

YoonJi opened the door and saw a guy outside her door. "AHHHHHHH!!!!!" She screamed even before the guy had a chance to speak, slamming the door right smack into the man's face. Jonghyun rushed out, with his toothbrush sticking out from his mouth. "What happened?"

A/N: I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING DUE TO PERSONAL ISSUES. Ohohohohoh... does it feel very dramatic? Coz I'm not good at writing but I love to write so urm.. yeah.. awkward situation... Like a one-sided love.. so yay! Finally posted this chappie :DD