Chapter 2

I...I just want to be normal, in a normal relationship! ( Because I'm not a monster)

       A/N: Guys I have no excuse I know. It's been so freaking long since I updated, I'm sorry. I'll definately try to update more. I hope you didn't give up on me or this story.    If you didn't then YAY you're amazing , I love you <3   .   And I'm probably gonna rewrite the first chapters (Not all, I'll just change the way some sentences were written and everything)  So  you don't have to reread them, but as I didn't update in such a long time, I would strongly suggest you do so .     Anyway enjoy this new chapter <3

 

PS ; Oh and yeah, before I forget. This chapter isn't rated but it says like two times.... You can't say I didn't warn you :P


    He sat there, on that bench where he had first met them, his schoolbag on his knees. He had not talked to them since the phone call two days ago. He wasn't mad at them, of course not, he just...He didn't want them to get involved. Seunghyun was a dangerous guy...He had almost killed his sister, after all. If something was to happen to one of the four boys, Kibum would probably die from all the regrets and guilt he would be feeling. No, no matter what, he couldn't let the others be harmed by Seunghyun.

           

            He felt a hand on his, and turned his head to see Onew smiling at him. When had he sat next to him, Kibum didn't know, but he decided to accept the conforting action, closing his eyes, taking the older's hand in his and holding it tightly. He rested his head on Onew's shoulder. No words were said, but the silence was comfortable between them.

 

            'If only it was him, and not Seungie'     Kibum surprised himself thinking. He had known the boy for less than two weeks, and he was already considering him as his boyfriend? It was ridiculous. He was not desperate enough to fall for a guy he barely knew. That was something his sisters would do but he, Kibum, was better than that. Onew probably liked girls anyway, so there was no point in getting attached to him in that way.  The mermaid shook his head, trying to clear his mind from these thoughts that were confusing him way too much for his liking.

 

-       You okay? Onew asked, frowning because of the younger's strange behavior.

-       Huh yeah, of course Hyung.

           

            Onew looked tense, his grip on Kibum's hand had tightened. He was throwing nervous looks around, trying to avoid Kibum's eyes. The younger man frowned too, copying his elder's earlier reaction. 

 

-       Hyung, are you okay?

-       I'm alright, Kibum, I was just...wondering...are you doing anything today after school?

 

            'Oh. My. God. Is he really gonna say what I think he's gonna say?'  Kibum blinked a few time, not really knowing if he should say the truth, or if he even was understanding the question for what it really was because really, the younger could have sworn his hyung was asking him out. He kept his mouth shut, still trying to figure out what to do. Onew seemed to take this silence as a refusal, and he stuttered:

 

-       I-I mean, it's okay if you don't w-want, I'm sorry, I just...

-       No. I'm not doing anything. Why?

 

            Kibum smiled a little, and the other grinned at him.

 

-       Well, I was thinking...maybe we could go somewhere, eat something...I know a good cafe. I'll pay. So...what do you say?

-       I really wanna go Hyung!

-       I'll be waiting for you after school alright? At your locker.

 

            Kibum nodded, his smile widening.

 

-       So...see you Kibum.

           

            Onew stood up, letting go of the other's hand. He seemed to hesitate for a moment, but he then bent down to gently kiss Kibum's cheek. He then ran back to class, waving at Kibum. On his way to the door, he tripped on his own feet and almost fell, making Kibum laugh a little. The younger, surprised by the sudden kiss, raised a hand to his cheek, on the exact spot Onew's lips had landed on not a minute ago.

 

            He had a date with Onew. He had agreed to a date with Onew...This was a date, right?  Mentally agreeing that yes, this was indeed a date, his mind processed the information, and he felt a weird fluttery feeling in his stomach as he imagined how nice it would be. His lips curved upward slightly and he stood up, calmly walking to class even though he was fangirling inside.

 


 

            As soon as he was seated at the back of his history classroom, Kibum checked his cell phone, hoping to see a text message, a missed call, anything from his sister Sunny. He still felt bad about the last time she called, when he threw his phone on the floor and basically ignored her. 

 

            2 missed calls, 5 messages

 

            Both calls were from Sunny, and the three first messages too.  ''I told him SooYoung knew, and he made her talk. He knows where you are.'' '' I'm so sorry baby, please don't ignore me and please, please stay away from him'' '' Where are you, Key? Please call me back, I'm worried.'' Kibum promised himself he would call her back as soon as he could. For now, he would only text her: ''I ain't mad at all, Sunny :) I'll call you as soon as I can.'' One of the other messages was from Taemin – Kibum wondered how he got his number. Knowing the guy, he probably read it in his mind.

 

            '' Wait, so now you're dating Onew-Hyung :P?''

 

            He kept back a laugh, not wanting to be caught staring at his cell phone in class. He texted back a quick answer: '' I'll tell you everything, every detail later dearie :P ;)))'' The last message was from his sister Jessica

 

            '' We're coming to save you, honey, please wait for us''

 

            He smiled; even though he always said they were overreacting to everything and way overprotecting him, this time, he was happy his sisters were coming. He then looked at the clock, and a wave of nervousness rushed through his body as he saw there was only ten minutes left until class ended. After the bell rang, he would have to go meet Onew for...the date. Even just thinking about it made him dizzy and he felt like giggling. 

 

            The bell rang, way too soon for Kibum, and the mermaid grabbed his bag before rushing to the door. Before he could reach it, a hand grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the front of the class, where the teacher's desk was. Kibum turned around, about to yell at whoever grabbed him like that.

 

-       What the hell is your probl – oh, hi Minho.

-       Hey. Minnie told me you were going on a date.

-       Well, technically, it's not a date, we're just going to a cafe together.

 

            Minho sighed.

 

-       Well in my book, it still counts as a date. You know...I hate to do this, but I really have to. Kibum, promise me you won't break his heart.

-       W-What?

-       I mean I'd love to trust you, but last time...

-       What happened?

-       A stupid girl who had him wrapped around her finger. He would have done anything for her, and she was just using him

-       Sh-She used him?

-       She...she was a mermaid, Kibum, you know what that means, right? Those...those of her kind, they'd do anything to have with people.

 

            Kibum felt like the biggest idiot ever. Of course. He had forgotten. Those of her kind, those of his kind, they were not allowed to love, they just couldn't. They were monsters. This date, these feelings he thought he had, they were all lies. It was probably just his brain tricking him so he'd end up sleeping with his hyung. He felt like crying, but he couldn't let it show. Not in front of Minho. He would know something was wrong, and he would ask Taemin, and then they would all know, and they would look at him as if he was nothing, as if he was wrong. Especially Onew. And that was the last thing he wanted to happen. 

 

            He had to stop this now, before it went too far. He forced a smile on his face, trying to look as genuinely happy as he could.

 

-       Ah, well thanks for telling me, Minho. I gotta go, now, bye!

 

            He waved weakly, then ran through the door. He had to reach his locker before Onew could get there. Then he could just escape from school escape from Onew, for today at least. He felt awful for doing this, but he really had no choice. After all, he had already promised he wouldn't break Onew's heart.

 

            He opened his locker, took his books and put them in his grey bag as rapidly as he could. He closed the door and was about to leave when –

 

-       Hey.

 

            He turned around to face the owner of the voice. Onew. ' Oh damn, how am I gonna do this? I can't just reject him like that.'

 

-       H-Hi Hyung.

 

            Onew's smile disappeared as he saw the look on the younger's face.

 

-       Are you okay, Kibum?

-       N-Not really, Hyung. I...I don't think I can go with you anymore. I'm sorry.

 

            Kibum closed his eyes, trying to find the right words. 

 

-       I-It's not you, i-it's...me?

 

            The other shook his head, a discouraged look on his face. He had already heard these words before, and they still hurt as much as last time. He felt anger running through his veins as he thought of her.

 

-       Stop...stop saying those words...the same way she did...Dammit! I thought you were different!

 

            Kibum lowered his head, ashamed and startled by the older's sudden outburst.

 

-       W-Who was she, Onew? What did she do to you?

-       She...she...she used me, but since she's a mermaid, I guess it was only natural for her, so I forgive her. B-But you're different! You shouldn't act like her!

 

            Kibum shook his head.

 

-       I'm not so different, Hyung. I know I'll only break your heart in the end. So if you'll excuse me, I have to go.

 

            He ran to the exit, trying to forget what had just happened. He grabbed his cellphone, dialled the first number that came to his mind.

 

-       Taeminnie? I really need to talk to you, like, now.    


Hehe Cliffhanger <3   I'm so mean :P   And I added some drama :D  But seriously, did you like this chapter? I'll do my best to update soon.  Also, I apologize for any typo you might find. Finally, since I felt mean not answering to the comments last chapter, I will now :3 (There's not a lot, but you guys mean a lot to me ^^)

wantedmissycandy95: Thanks for the nice comment. And I hope you won't feel too frustrated :P Cause Seunghyun will keep appearing and being a jerk  ( Not that I don't like him, I really do, but I needed a bad guy ^^'')

ricekk6670: Thanks <3 I hope you find the last chapter not as confusing as the first ones ^^'''   

 

So yeah comments are love <3 

I love you all, even YOU, silent reader :)