Not Dreaming

Rebel Makeover

 

-------------------------------

         “Welcome back, Miss Ri An”, the six maids who are standing in line at the entrance of the house, welcomed you.

         You were too tired to respond so you just went straight to your room upstairs. As soon as you slammed the door behind you, you laid flat on your big-sized bed. You took a deep breath and let yourself be carried away by the tides of your subconscious. You slowly closed your eyes as memories flash on your mind like scenes from a movie.

         You remembered the very first time you fell in love…

>>>>> FLASHBACK # 1 ---------------------------------------------------------------

         You were staring blankly in space as you let your mind reel over your thoughts. You were thinking about this beautifully handsome guy whom you’ve always adored since middle school.

         “Ri An! Park Ri An! Yah! Are you listening?” Ha Ni shouted as she literally shaking your body to bring you back to reality.

         You and best friend Nam Ha Ni were sitting by the usual bench somewhere near the school library.

         It was another normal day, you thought, that was about to end as the sun was nearly setting on the west.

         “Wae? You were saying?” finally you snapped back to reality.

         “I said, will you help me with this problem? I’ve been squeezing my head for answers and—“

         “And nothing came out?” you finished her statement for her. “I wonder if that brain really has anything in common with that of a normal being.”

         “Waaaah! You’re so mean!” she frowned.

         You just chuckled and took her pen.

         “Ok whatever. This is how you solve it.” You said as you showed her the solutions to the equations on the paper.

         Her face became serious while focusing on how you were solving the problem.

         “There. Happy?” you handed her the paper with your written answers.

         “Whoa~ Ri An-ah! You’re so bright and smart!”

         She hugged you so tight that you almost couldn’t breathe.

         “H-ha…N-ni… Ai-Air. I need—“, you lightly patted her back begging for oxygen.

         “What is it, Ri An?” she innocently blinked.

         “L-let Go!”

         “Oops. Mian…” She loosened up the grip over you.

         You put your hand on your chest gasping for air.

         “Nam Ha Ni!!!” you wailed ready to throw the nearest book to her.

         “Hey, don’t get mad. That’s just how much I love you, Ri An! Hihi… PEACE?”, she sweetly expressed as she held out a peace sign.

         “ Yeah, yeah. I know. Now fix your things already so we can go home now.”

         You started placing your notes and pens in your backpack.

         *I haven’t seen Byunghyun. This day won’t even be called a day without me seeing his pretty face. It’s 5pm, he must be finished playing with his friends by now. I better hurry.*

         You were just about to go when suddenly, Ha Ni saw Lee Byunghyun heading towards your direction.

         “Woah~ Ri An… It’s Byunghyun. Is he smiling… at… Me?!” Ha Ni squealed as she held her breath.

         You tapped her belly while looking at what she’s staring at.

         “Breathe, you dum-dum. He is not coming towards us. “

         You picked up your things, trying to look cool and relaxed but deep inside, you were squealing in excitement.

         You turned around and said, “ C’mon. Let’s go.” *He can’t be smiling at her…or me. He doesn’t even know our names, MY name. Kyaah! But at least I saw him before the day ends.* you grinned in content.

         Unexpectedly, you felt a hand patting your shoulder from behind.

         “Ha Ni. What now—“, you spun around only to see Lee Byunghyun right in front of you.

         Your heart sped up its beating at immeasurable and unimaginable speed. *Wha…what’s he doing? What does he need? Wait, no. how do I react? Kyaah! Ottokae…ottokae…OTTOKAE?*

         You blinked twice under your thick frames. *I’m dreaming,.. right?*

         “Hi. I’m Lee Byunghyun. You are… Park Ri An, right?”, he finally spoke.

         Your jaw dropped invisibly on the ground. *I’m hallucinating! But I can hear him speak. He is…real. FREAKING REAAAAALL! C’mon, Ri An. Talk! You stupid piece!*

         You tried to move your lips but they weren’t moving as if frozen and your body seemed to be still in shock.

         “Ri An! Oh Ri An!” Ha Ni yelled right into your right ear.

         “Ah!!!” you jumped in fright.

         “Finally.” Ha Ni folded her arms in front of her chest. Byunghyun cleared his throat.

         “Uhm... Ri An, can you…” He rubbed the back of his head. *This is so embarrassing. I can’t believe I’m actually doing this. This is against my will. But I really need a nerd’s help right now…*

         “Can her…WHAT?!” Ha Ni uttered in both puzzlement and anticipation.

         He rolled his eyes sideways, “ can you help… me with my homeworks?”

         You tried not to show your sort-of-fangirliness. You lowered your head and spoke politely.

         “Of…course. Byunghyun-sshi.”

         Byunghyun’s face lightened up.

         “Yes! Here.” He took your hand and placed his notebook on it.

         “Thanks…” He took three steps backward, “I need it tomorrow at 10.”

         He turned around and run away, “…bye! See you tomorrow.”

         “Ha Ni. Did Lee Byunghyun… the ever-so-handsome, Mr. Popular L.Joe…talk to me? Your jaw dropped as you were still staring blankly at the direction Byunghyun disappeared.

         “I…I t-think we’re dreaming,” Ha ni blinked.

         “Pinch me” you both ordered at each other in chorus.

         She did as you said.

         “Ouch! That hurts!” You yelped in pain PURELY indicating you two are NOT DREAMING.

 

 

==========================

WRITER'S NOTE:

Please excuse my grammar.

I would really appreciate it if you correct them for me.

 

Still liking it? click NEXT !!!