Without Your Eyeglasses

Rebel Makeover

 

--------------------

FLASHBACK # 2 ~~~~~~~~

         It’s been months and making Lee Byunghyun’s assignments for him was already becoming a habit or more like a hobby. Whether it’s a good thing or not, you didn’t care.

         It’s Tuesday and your hyper best friend was nowhere to be found.

         You were sitting under a tree finishing some homeworks which Byunghyun gave you this morning, due in an hour. And you’ve got a class to attend in 30 minutes.

         You tapped your head with your pen, trying to figure out the answer to that one last item.

         “Aisshhh! This one is pretty hard.”

         You removed your thick-rimmed eyeglasses, put it down and your bangs up with your fingers, exposing your fair smooth skin to fresh air. You rotated your head to keep your neck from becoming stiff.

 

------------------------------------------

MEANWHILE~~~~~~~~

 

         Lee Byunghyun was with his friends, chatting. Their topic—YOU.

         “Yah, L.Joe, aren’t you suppose to go and see your nerdy girlfriend?” Chunji teasingly asked.

         “Errr…she’s not my girlfriend! I mean…come on! She’s not even qualified,” L.Joe responded defensively.

         “But the way you smile at her is really something, dude” C.A.P. elbowed L.Joe with a smirk.

         “Argh! Cut the crap you two. She’s not my type!” L.Joe waved his arms in disagreement.

         “Owws! Mr. Popular? Being unusually defensive? Maybe, he really does like nerdy types! Haha!” Chunji exclaimed gesturing towards L.Joe. He laughed in hysterics with his not-so-funny joke.

         L.Joe stood up, ready to put Chunji to sleep with his powerful fists, “I DO NOT !!!”

         “Yoh! Chill!” C.A.P. stopped L.Joe before he could hit his friend. “We’re just teasing you bro”, he continued as he massaged L.Joe’s shoulders. L.Joe then sat back to calm down.

         Chunji let out his last laugh secretly.

         L.Joe caught that, “ Had enough, monkey face?!”

         “Hehe… Yep,” he beamed with a wide grin.

         Seconds later, L.Joe stood up again.

         “What now?” C.A.P. questioned.

         *Aish, I can’t take this anymore. Everybody thinks I like that ugly nerd. And now I need to see her hideous face*

         He shook his head, *I have to take the risk if I want to pass high school.*

         L.Joe sighed, took his bag and walked away.

         “Yah, L.Joe! Where do you think you are going?” Chunji yelled but L.Joe simply ignored him.

         He faced C.A.P., “what’s the matter with him?”

         “Don’t ask me, ask yourself. You made him angry.” C.A.P. responded. *Babo.*

 

----------------------------------------

 

         *Aish, where the hell is she? Stupid Park Ri An. Always making tired looking for her. No, not looking for her. Looking for MY HOMEWORK.*

         L.Joe has been roaming around for ten minutes already so he decided to rest a bit. The benches caught his attention so he walked over and sat on one of them. Girls by the bench are starting to squeal, thinking L.Joe is up for something like, trying to get their attention—which annoyed the living crap out of him so he just went off.

         Jogging while turning his head left and right, L.Joe finally spotted you in your usual old-fashioned sweater with your back leaning against the tree behind the bushes.

         *At last.* He thought.

         He strode, heading your way with his eyes glued to you. *Wait, that’s not her.*

         He drew nearer to get a better view. *It can’t be her. This girl here is-- BEAUTIFUL*

         You noticed a shadow shading part of your book. You looked up to see whose shadow was it then your eyes grew big as you realized it was L.Joe’s. *It’s Byunghyun!*

         L.Joe had his back at you already, turning his way to leave.

         “Byunghyun-sshi!” You called out.

         L.Joe stopped in his tracks, puzzled. *Did I just hear Ri An’s voice?*

         He rolled his eyes trying to figure where you were hiding this time. You called out his name again.

         *It comes from… behind. But that’s not possible. The only person back there was that pretty diligent girl*

         He then continued on his walk without looking back.

         You stood and tried to catch up but you stumbled. You forgot to put your glasses on.

         *What’s that noise?* L.Joe heard a thump on the ground.

         He turned around and saw you lying face down on the grasses. *What’s she doing? Kissing the ground?* He raised an eyebrow.

         “H-help…” you weakly held out your arm for help.

         He snapped out of his thoughts and went to help you up. You got up with leaves and dirt on your favorite sweater.

         “Oww…my sweater…” You lowered your head in frustration as you tried to remove the dirt with your bare hands.

         “What were you doing just now?” L.Joe questioned with his eyebrow still raised in puzzlement.

         Upon hearing Lee Byunghyun’s voice, you automatically looked up to face him and your lips curved into a cheerful smile ignoring his question.

         “Hi, Byunhyun-sshi!” You cheerfully greeted.

         L.Joe was stunned by your simple yet beautiful face, WITHOUT YOUR EYEGLASSES ON.

         *Beautiful* He wasn’t even able to recognize it was you.

         You ran back under the tree, grabbed his notes and handed them to him.

         “Here. It’s done.”

         He unconsciously took them, with his eyes still fixed at you.

         You raised your left wrist to glance at your watch, “Omo! I’m going to be late!”

         You collected your bag and about to walk away but spun around to say goodbye. L.Joe was still staring blankly at you.

         You waved your hand in front of his face.

         “Lee Byunghyun-sshi…”

         You bowed politely, “I’m leaving…so…later then. Take care!”

         You ran off with your arms securely hugging your thick books.

         After you left, L.Joe involuntarily raised his brows from snapping out of his trance.

         *Huh? She’s…gone. Where did--* He noticed he was holding some notes. *How did I get these?*

                                                                     “Was she…REAL?” 

 

=======================

WRITER'S NOTE:

I hope I'm not making you bored already.

I badly need some support here.

 

Proceed or don't proceed.

You choose. ^_^

Subscribe or don't subscribe.

PLEASE DO!!!!!